LPSG

Largest March on Washington

Originally Posted by Sklar Because it's Trinity's right (you do remember what rights are, don't you?). I'm totally unaware that anybody has any rights <sarcasm> There is nothing in the terms of service that states

is part of a discussion in the Politics forum that includes topics on Political and government related discussions..


Go Back   LPSG > Main > Politics

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2009   #106 (permalink)
TurkeyWithaSunburn is offline


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sklar View Post
Because it's Trinity's right (you do remember what rights are, don't you?).
I'm totally unaware that anybody has any rights <sarcasm>
There is nothing in the terms of service that states that anyone has to talk about penis here. There are plenty of Lurkers who never post at all. Should they leave (as you are implying here?)
If they are lurking they obviously aren't here to inflame. While there isn't anything in TOS that states anything about what you should talk about. Surely there is a reason why this website, as a whole, primarily exists. Dormant accounts with no posts should "leave" and have their accounts closed, and names deactivated. (You asked.)
The reason why the political forum thread was created was because it was taking away from the other topics in the Et Cetera thread beforehand. There are plenty of people who like to do nothing but talk about politics so this is an area where it can be talked about.
Oh I wondered why this forum was created. There are whole websites devoted to politics, the primary reason for this site isn't one of them. With all of the creative intelligent people and topics on this site there's nothing that interests one other than one particular and controversial topic? Certainly sounds like an ax to grind and inflame. Trolls tend to post like that.
So until the TOS is rewritten to specificially state that one must talk more about large penis than politics, she has done nothing wrong.
Nothing wrong other than inflame
The TOS does state that making personal attacks against someone IS against the rules and bannable for. This thread, which I am surprised that the Moderators haven't posted in for people to calm down, is starting to devolve into personal attacks against someone who, as far as I can tell, on this topic, hasn't called anyone, anything worse than a whiner while others have called Trinity far worse.
I'm fully aware of TOS My question is still a valid question. If you don't think it is then well so be it. We can only agree to disagree. If you deem my use of smilies innappropriate please feel free to petition to have them removed. They exist for a reason.
I'd like to see those people apologize to Tirnity. After all, if Sen. Wilson can apologize to President Obama for calling him a liar on national television people on here can calm down and apologize to a person who is merely defending their position.
Sen. Wilson apologizing to President Obama has nothing to do with this. Defending your position on a controversial subject means coming up with logical, concrete, reasonable, answers involving facts and accurate data. Not deflecting answers and quote-mining from white supremacist websites.
Sklar
I'm sure you'll post a response instead of letting it "calm down" as you put it
Cheers!

The weirdness quotient around here is getting rather high.

How a HUGE endowment can help your career.

I emptied my mailbox WAHOO. Time to fill it up again.
TurkeyWithaSunburn is offline  
Old 09-17-2009   #107 (permalink)
mikeyh9in is offline


Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
The 1.7M estimate Moilanen came up with from his methodology has nothing to do with that.


conservative estimate but you will need to find out how he determined his estimate yourself.



Many people came on charter buses and carpooled.



Even MSNBC disagreed with that low ball estimate live on the air during their coverage. The estimate by Moilanen is more reasonable as he uses comparisons to 3 capital crowds and pictures of the crowds to back up his study.

The question is why do you care about the crowd size...why do you need to diminish it? Anybody with eyes can see it was over 1 million people.
Trinty, anybody with eyes can see it is over 1 Million people???... you are ridiculous ... you are counting same people over and over again, or counting the fat, white guys more than once (and entire crowd appeared to be fat, old white guys) -- don't worry I can't tell them apart either.

And for the University study? Well, everyone knows (as you pointed out), that the University's are run by elitist liberals and they always lie.

Besides counting the same people more than once in multiple pictures, a number more than 100,000 does not jive with any other hard facts ... Metro ridership, police force, DC Police unofficial estimates, DC Fire unofficial estimates.

It would have to be a vast "left" wing conspiracy... maybe they were passing our copies of Obama "real" Kenyan birth certificate and need to have people "disappear".

The mind is capable of some pretty remarkable things especially for the paranoid.
mikeyh9in is offline  
Old 09-17-2009   #108 (permalink)
dude252007 is offline


Here's what's funny:

A bunch on white people calling other white people racist :) That is funny to me. Some of them are old too. They may not be fat but some are fat and young. For every hipster who thinks he is just so cool calling elder white people racist, remember that you will be an old white person one day and since racism will never go away, you in the future will be called a racist because you are old and white. Remember, this country is white majority and so Bama would not have been elected without the support of whites. Also remember these old white people were not born in the 1800s or even the early 1900s. Remember these old white people were kids during the civil rights era and many of these old white people were doing the sit-ins and praising MLK, but not his mistress, and worked for equal rights only to be called a racist when the first wrinkle appears because a new generation wants to be so cool and hip.
dude252007 is offline  
Old 09-17-2009   #109 (permalink)
mikeyh9in is offline


Not sure if this was directed at my post, but I never said that these old, fat, white guys were racists. I was merely giving an explanation as to why Trinty's numbers are "off"... you see from the air a crowd of "normal" weight people would appear thinner than a crowd of overweight people.

I'll try an analogy... you have two bars (same square footage). One is a dance place with young, twinks. The other is a bear bar with more ample patrons. The first bar may have a hundred twinks and it seems "crowded", while the bear bar may only have 30 bears, but because of their ample size, it seems just as crowded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude252007 View Post
Here's what's funny:

A bunch on white people calling other white people racist :) That is funny to me. Some of them are old too. They may not be fat but some are fat and young. For every hipster who thinks he is just so cool calling elder white people racist, remember that you will be an old white person one day and since racism will never go away, you in the future will be called a racist because you are old and white. Remember, this country is white majority and so Bama would not have been elected without the support of whites. Also remember these old white people were not born in the 1800s or even the early 1900s. Remember these old white people were kids during the civil rights era and many of these old white people were doing the sit-ins and praising MLK, but not his mistress, and worked for equal rights only to be called a racist when the first wrinkle appears because a new generation wants to be so cool and hip.
mikeyh9in is offline  
Old 09-17-2009   #110 (permalink)
B_VinylBoy is offline
Banned


Quote:
Originally Posted by dude252007 View Post
Here's what's funny:

A bunch on white people calling other white people racist :)
Why do you say that? You think that somehow I can't look at another black person and tell whether or not they're being racist themselves? How foolish...

Quote:
That is funny to me. Some of them are old too. They may not be fat but some are fat and young. For every hipster who thinks he is just so cool calling elder white people racist, remember that you will be an old white person one day and since racism will never go away, you in the future will be called a racist because you are old and white.
Wow... LOL!!

Quote:
Remember, this country is white majority and so Bama would not have been elected without the support of whites. Also remember these old white people were not born in the 1800s or even the early 1900s. Remember these old white people were kids during the civil rights era and many of these old white people were doing the sit-ins and praising MLK, but not his mistress, and worked for equal rights only to be called a racist when the first wrinkle appears because a new generation wants to be so cool and hip.
Perhaps you should understand what it is to make a racist statement by figuring out what classifies before you elaborate on some crazy tangent like this. Even if there's some level of truth to your statement, don't be surprised if someone else labels you with the "R" word either. Considering that you think every "hipster" using the word will be labeled as such when they get older proves it.

Seriously... fuck it all.
B_VinylBoy is offline  
Old 09-17-2009   #111 (permalink)
Bbucko is offline


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sklar View Post
Because it's Trinity's right (you do remember what rights are, don't you?).

There is nothing in the terms of service that states that anyone has to talk about penis here. There are plenty of Lurkers who never post at all. Should they leave (as you are implying here?)

The reason why the political forum thread was created was because it was taking away from the other topics in the Et Cetera thread beforehand. There are plenty of people who like to do nothing but talk about politics so this is an area where it can be talked about.

So until the TOS is rewritten to specificially state that one must talk more about large penis than politics, she has done nothing wrong.

The TOS does state that making personal attacks against someone IS against the rules and bannable for. This thread, which I am surprised that the Moderators haven't posted in for people to calm down, is starting to devolve into personal attacks against someone who, as far as I can tell, on this topic, hasn't called anyone, anything worse than a whiner while others have called Trinity far worse.

I'd like to see those people apologize to Tirnity. After all, if Sen. Wilson can apologize to President Obama for calling him a liar on national television people on here can calm down and apologize to a person who is merely defending their position.

Sklar
Trinity is a vile, evil white supremacist.

And Wilson's not a senator, he's a member of the House of Representatives.

The revolutionary smart set reads The Spin Cycle every day.

Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

"If this place were any cuntier tonight, it'd have a clit" -UB, sent via text to a friend regarding work on 8/07/10

"You give me a waterboard, Dick Cheney and one hour, and I'll have him confess to the Sharon Tate murders." -Jesse "The Body" Ventura
Bbucko is offline  
Old 09-17-2009   #112 (permalink)
D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III is offline
Banned


Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
The 1.7M estimate Moilanen came up with from his methodology has nothing to do with that.


conservative estimate but you will need to find out how he determined his estimate yourself.



Many people came on charter buses and carpooled.



Even MSNBC disagreed with that low ball estimate live on the air during their coverage. The estimate by Moilanen is more reasonable as he uses comparisons to 3 capital crowds and pictures of the crowds to back up his study.

The question is why do you care about the crowd size...why do you need to diminish it? Anybody with eyes can see it was over 1 million people.

If you take all the smaller gruops across the country that went out to protest I bet it's actually quite low.
D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III is offline  
Old 09-17-2009   #113 (permalink)
B_VinylBoy is offline
Banned


The only thing this thread has proven is that some adults don't know how to count. A sad day in simple mathematics for all. Where's Sesame Street when you need it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AXPnH0C9UA

Seriously... fuck it all.
B_VinylBoy is offline  
Old 09-17-2009   #114 (permalink)
Sklar is offline


Quote:
Originally Posted by x704 View Post
I'm sure you'll post a response instead of letting it "calm down" as you put it
Cheers!

You answered my questions to my satisfaction.

Thanks for replying.

Sklar

Private messages are greatly appreciated but be warned: If you say anything offensive in them, I'll start a new thread and post it there for all to see.

I work hard. Millions of people on welfare depend on me.

Love this quote: If you build a home with a 2 x 4, what can you build with a 9 x 6? FYI, I am not 9 x 6.
Sklar is offline  
Old 09-18-2009   #115 (permalink)
Bbucko is offline


The protesters, in their own words...

PS: the part about the Czars is high comedy.

The revolutionary smart set reads The Spin Cycle every day.

Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

"If this place were any cuntier tonight, it'd have a clit" -UB, sent via text to a friend regarding work on 8/07/10

"You give me a waterboard, Dick Cheney and one hour, and I'll have him confess to the Sharon Tate murders." -Jesse "The Body" Ventura
Bbucko is offline  
Old 09-18-2009   #116 (permalink)
mikeyh9in is offline


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbucko View Post
The protesters, in their own words...

PS: the part about the Czars is high comedy.
Funny, Funny, Funny... Ignorance is bliss.

I love the guy "You know this how?" Do any of these people know anything?
mikeyh9in is offline  
Old 09-22-2009   #117 (permalink)
Trinity is offline
Banned


An estimate of over a million is probably a good estimate for the march. And majority of those that attended peacefully assembled to oppose swelling deficits, higher taxes, health care reform that will damage the quality of health care and other policies being forced down the throats of Americans by Obama and the Democratically controlled congress.

Quote:
Given that I was one of the first to provide a definite crowd-size number for Saturday's 9/12 March On D.C. -- a "people meter" count of 450,000 for the morning march along Pennsylvania Avenue -- I have been both amused and annoyed by subsequent rangling over estimates
Quote:
If the count of marchers on Pennsylvania Avenue (450,000) is accepted as the rock-bottom estimate, and late arrrivals significantly swelled the crowd above that, then a total attendance above 1 million is certainly possible.
The American Spectator, Robert Stacy McCain
Trinity is offline  
Old 09-22-2009   #118 (permalink)
B_VinylBoy is offline
Banned


You still can't count, Trinity.

Seriously... fuck it all.
B_VinylBoy is offline  
Old 09-22-2009   #119 (permalink)
HazelGod is offline


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbucko View Post
The protesters, in their own words...

PS: the part about the Czars is high comedy.

Aww, looks like their little feelers got hurt...the video is now flagged "private." Sad times.

The cake is a lie...
HazelGod is offline  

Tags
largest, march, washington

Thread Tools



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:57 PM.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts
Just joined. College A
3 Minutes Ago by dcw4
Slim hung guy
5 Minutes Ago by random

Latest Blogs

On Cam Now
bearbeard, bigheadben, hungboy, hung_cowboy, kcrown1967, lorne, mariorossi, randomcp, reallytalldude, roshambo, xarmanix

Please read the rules.

Online: 1812 | Chatting: 47

Sponsors

Copyright 1999-2013 LPSG