LPSG

Circumcised=turn-off?

I am never turned off by a penis because it is circumcised. But an uncut penis is a definite turn on .

is part of a discussion in the Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues forum that includes topics on What to wear (to show or not to show), what's comfortable, what's not....


Go Back   LPSG > Main > Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2010   #46 (permalink)
Melly is offline


I am never turned off by a penis because it is circumcised. But an uncut penis is a definite turn on.

I the uncut ones the best.
Melly is offline  
Old 10-13-2010   #47 (permalink)
B_Nicodemous is offline
Banned


Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyTXdude View Post
Is a circumcised dick a turn-off for anyone else?
Its not a epic turn-off for me but a turn-off non the less.
It just looks very unnatural to me (stating the obvious much? )
Personally, I like both uncut and cut dicks. I truly have no preference in the matter. What I do have is an ethical issue with infant circumcision, but I won't be lecturing my cut brethren that there cocks are gross, undesirable, etc. Adult circ ranks up there with piercings and tats. They can be hot and usually are if I am into the guy. I really could give a toss about them on their own one way or another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornaplenty View Post
Is "natural" somehow an ideal condition? Long hair is natural, but we cut it. A hare-lip is natural, yet we correct it. Beards are natural, but we shave. Small breasts are natural, nevertheless we implant them. Over the millennia humans have taken different approaches to how they manage their bodies. They do it for health, hygiene or esthetic reasons, and don't need other people's biases to pass judgment about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornaplenty View Post

I'm happy that you are so pleased with your intact penis.
Ok, Max does a superb answer for this, but I'd still like to share my two cents. When one speaks of natural in the sense that the OP uses it, I think it is safe to assume that they are talking about the prevailing natural condition. In this case a hare lip is not natural; for all that it occurs in nature. In other words it is not the human lips natural condition, but an aberration thereof. If hare lips were the prevalent norm in humans, causing no issues in the human specimens like, and contributed in some way to our survival, well then it would be an apt comparison. However it is NOT. So comparing foreskin (prevalent in all non deformed male children at birth) to a harelip is silly at best, and uneducated ridiculous nonsense spouted by a small minded pseudo sapien at worst.

Long hair may be natural, and true in different cultures throughout the globe it has come in and out of fashion, it can be grown back unlike a foreskin (unless you know of some medical advances that the rest of us are unaware of?) This then is also a poor comparison for circumcision.

Addressing your argument concerning small breasted women getting breast augmentation? These are adults making adult decisions for their adult bodies like the adults they are, so who am I, as another adult to argue with said adults? What is the key word here? So if an adult wishes to alter his penis. Go for it. If a child needs surgery to save his penis, then it is up to the adult(s) in that child’s life to do what is best for him. It is when medically unnecessary decisions are made to infants who have no way of protesting that I find offensive, whatever the reasoning behind it. Now does that mean I look down on or pity my cut guys out there? Nope. Does it mean I shun them? Not in the least. My BF (or FB, or FWB; labels can be annoying) is cut and I find his cock perfect. I suspect, nay, I know that were he intact I would find his member...perfect. No aspirations are being cast on people who are cut. In fact I don't even think about it save when discussing it in a forum where it is a topic or if I ever had a son and my partner had wildly differing views in the matter.

I am so glad that you are happy that the OP is pleased with is intact unit. It should tickle you pink to know I am equally pleased with my unaltered penis, and am thrilled with my BF's modified member. I can only hope that you find joy with your cut boy-o...

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcok View Post
FWIW, hair and beards grow back, breast implants are a decision made by adults, and harelips, unlike foreskin, are birth defects. You fail on all your irrelevant analogies. Furthermore, the vast majority of circumcisions are performed on infants without their consent, they are not merely aesthetic but affect sexual pleasure, function and body image, and unlike all the foregoing, are permanent and not reversible. You fail again and again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcok View Post

p.s. He wasn't passing judgement on your penis, he was stating a personal preference. We all have preferences. Get over it.

Seeing's how you're circumcized, what motivation would they have to tell you otherwise? And how much experience had they had with uncut penises? The fact is, in surveys done with women who have a fair amount of experience with both, all things being equal, they prefer intact by a wide margin.
Max, I don’t think I can say it better than that. Not sure on the surveys, but a little research would illuminate that. I will look into that, though Max seems pretty on the ball with his researching in the past.

Hornaplenty, I have to agree with Max's sentiments on the OP not passing judgment on anybody. He was stating a personal preference and asking others if they shared that preference. The flip side of that coin is that he also opened it to those who don't share his personal tastes. If you like cut; then state it. If you don't enjoy them au naturale, then likewise, say something. I still don't think you answered it save in a backhanded snarky manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcok View Post
I usually hang back in these circumcision threads, because they almost always digress into a shitfest. Usually because some bozo like you takes it too personally and decides someone's attacking his penis. Not only did you interpret the OP as a personal attack, you launched into an absurd justification for circumcision on a purely aesthetic/cosmetic basis by equating it to correcting a rare birth defect, or getting a haircut, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcok View Post


No, this thread was about the OP stating his own strong personal preference for intact penises, i.e. what looks "good" to him and asking if others shared his preference. Taste is entirely subjective, whether you're talking about hairstyles or foreskins, whether it's "natural" or not. Regardless, none of your analogies make any logical sense whatsoever, so your "reasoning" is seriously flawed. Go back and look at my response to you and try to comprehend why that is if you can.

In any case, whether you like it or not, it's kind of hard to argue that foreskin is anything but "natural", seeing's how that's how we're born, as nature intended. Whether one thinks natural is better is, of course, a matter of taste and personal preference, in this case influenced by social convention. Harelips are not natural in that sense, they are a genetic defect, and therefore not comparable to foreskins which are natural.

BTW, I noticed you edited out his second line when you quoted the OP, presumably to make it sound more judgemental. Here it is 'restored':
"It just looks very unnatural to me" . . . See how he's just stating his own personal preference and asking if anyone agrees? To use your hair analogy, he could just as easily have said red hair or mullets or shaved pubes were a turn off. Now try to untwist your panties and stop trying to turn this into an attack on your peepee. Unless you have a real shot at a roll with the OP, which I kinda doubt, you don't need to feel rejected, and you have nothing to be defensive about. Some people like cut dicks, some people like uncut dicks, some people don't care so much either way. That's life. Now if you want to wage a cut vs. uncut war, there are plenty of other threads you can go visit and sling all the shit you want. This is thankfully (so far) not one of those.
Let's keep it that way, shall we?

You don't need to read more into what he said than what's there, so apparently some guidance was in order.
And you really need to grow the fuck up, sweetums.
I am in awe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornaplenty View Post
You truly are deluded. Going by "maxcok" as you do, check again to be sure it isn't as small as your brain.


Hornaplenty, I think that if the size of one's dick were in direct proportion to the size of their brain, then Max's dong would be of elephantine proportions, whereas if we take your posts (in this thread) as any indication of the size of your brain than one could assume that you are hung like an elephant...shrew.

Seriously, admit you were even slightly off base, and misinterpreted the OP original intention. I would hate to think you are so irrationally hard headed. If not then I will sit back and watch the ensuing show...


Last edited by B_Nicodemous; 10-13-2010 at 02:12 AM..
B_Nicodemous is offline  
Old 10-13-2010   #48 (permalink)
maxcok is offline


Thanks for the props Nico, you acquitted yourself well. You can get up off your knees now. Or not.

Anyway, I'm sorry to disappoint, but I have no interest in dueling with a gnat.

However, since you opened up the exchange, I guess I'm obliged to at least respond to his last little buzz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornaplenty View Post
You truly are deluded. Going by "maxcok" as you do, check again to be sure it isn't as small as your brain.
LOL. Is that the best you can do"Hornaplenty"? Why don't you check yourself here, sweetums.

What are you, twelve? Minors aren't allowed on LPSG, and being underage will get you an immediate ban.

I'd suggest you lay low, or come back in about six years.

"Horn-a-plenty". LOLOL.

A
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
- Emerson -

Last edited by maxcok; 10-13-2010 at 05:51 AM..
maxcok is offline  
Old 10-13-2010   #49 (permalink)
Notseingme is offline


I find it interesting how ppul love the cock in its unatural state (superficial much?)

it depends on the cock
by default when a dude pulls out an cut cock it just looks uncomfortable and is a let down
however some cut cocks dont look that way and look enjoyable

but still uncut is so much sexier to me

and its about options uncut can be pulled back an lool cut an then pulled foreward to uncut

and some uncuts still show a vpl
Notseingme is offline  
Old 10-13-2010   #50 (permalink)
B_Hornaplenty is offline
Banned


Quote:
Originally Posted by nicodemous76 View Post
Seriously, admit you were even slightly off base, and misinterpreted the OP original intention.
Sorry, but I was not "off base." At the beginning of all this I simply pointed out that natural conditions are not, by virtue of being "natural", accepted as ideal. I gave examples of natural conditions (whether they are nature's aberrations or not) that people choose to change. My comments had nothing to do with penises per se.

You and maxcok are the ones who have "misinterpreted". You have decided to use this as a battle call regarding the brutality of circumcision. Sorry, but I'm not getting into your game.
B_Hornaplenty is offline  
Old 10-13-2010   #51 (permalink)
matt121matt121 is offline


Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyTXdude View Post
Is a circumcised dick a turn-off for anyone else?
Its not a epic turn-off for me but a turn-off non the less.
It just looks very unnatural to me (stating the obvious much? )
I've read thru this entire thread, but think on this one I'll just keep my reply simple.

What is a turn on and turn off is an individual decision, however I think it is unfair to discriminate against circumcised guys, especially in the US, where the vast majority of guy DID NOT CHOSE to be cut and if you talk to them, most definitely have some type of opinion on this.

As a guy I was talking to the other day said, he doesn't feel like it ruined him, or anything, he just didn't understand WHY it was done, and stated he would definitely be leaving his child UNCUT!!.. I mentioned the idea of restoring to him, so I'll be giving him some info on that, but don't think he wishes to do it.

To me, circumcised or uncircumcised isn't a turn off either way, I personally have more experience with the cut variety, so those can be hot to me, but that's just because its what I'm use to.

There are uncut and cut penis's that can both be turn offs, as I've seen some nasty uncuts, just as I've seen some badly scared circumcised ones.

But as I said earlier, MOST if not ALL, of the cuts I've seen or been with were done in infancy or childhood and was not the choice of the penis owner. I feel it is unfair to judge someone based off of something they didn't choose.

And sex to me is more about the whole person, whole body, and not entirely about the penis and the existence of or absence of foreskin, the whole guy is important to be when it comes to sexual attraction.
matt121matt121 is offline  
Old 10-13-2010   #52 (permalink)
maxcok is offline


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornaplenty View Post
Sorry, but I was not "off base." At the beginning of all this I simply pointed out that natural conditions are not, by virtue of being "natural", accepted as ideal. I gave examples of natural conditions (whether they are nature's aberrations or not) that people choose to change. My comments had nothing to do with penises per se.
Are you serious?? Your comments had everything to do with penises "per se", your penis in particular. .......Stop being a defensive little twit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornaplenty View Post
You and maxcok are the ones who have "misinterpreted". You have decided to use this as a battle call regarding the brutality of circumcision. Sorry, but I'm not getting into your game.
No, sweetums. you are the one who issued the battle call. I only responded with logic and reason, and I implored you not to drag the topic off into inflammatory territory. I challenge you to find anywhere in my posts in this thread (or any other thread for that matter) where I said anything about the "brutality" of circumcision. You can't, because I never said anything approaching that. I haven't even said that intact is preferred. I only reinforced the OP's observation that foreskin is "natural", which should be self-evident to any marginally intelligent person, and that the vast majority of circumcisions are performed on infants without their consent and are permanent and irreversible - to point out the flawed reasoning in your absurd harelip/haircut analogies.

I merely stated facts. Those statements are objectively, undeniably true. If you can prove otherwise, be my guest. Beyond that I made no judgement on the practice of circumcision whatsoever, or on the status of your penis for that matter. I defy you to prove otherwise. If you want to infer from my statements that routine infant circumcision is "brutal", that is your own conclusion. Now stop putting words in my mouth, stop projecting your insecurites onto me, sit down, and shut the fuck up, child.

A
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
- Emerson -

Last edited by maxcok; 10-13-2010 at 06:10 PM..
maxcok is offline  
Old 10-13-2010   #53 (permalink)
maxcok is offline


Note to the OP: I'm don't know if you're aware, but quick visit to the search engine reveals literally hundreds of threads on the topic of circumcision with responses numbering in the tens of thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands. At some point most of these threads devolve into a shitstorm. Here are a couple of recent ones that folks can weigh in on if they want to state their preference, express their feelings about the practice, or shoot back at those who express contrary preferences and feelings: Why are people so angry about circumcision .. Am I the only one who likes being circumcised ?

I'm not going to question your motives for starting this thread, but I do question the wisdom of it, and why you thought it necessary to start a new thread just to express your personal preference for intact penises, rather than looking for the many, many opinions expressed in those other threads and weighing in there. Although I don't think (I hope) it was your intention to inflame, I do think your question could have been framed more diplomatically in light of how sensitive people are to the issue.

Typically the OP participates in his own thread, rather than just passively sitting back and collecting responses, particularly if the thing starts to go off track. You have remained noticeably absent, even after being personally taken to task by one of the responders. I have defended your question for you, but there is no reason I should be carrying your water, especially on a topic I think was ill-considered and redundant. I would suggest that you get involved in your own thread, try to keep it focused, clarify your position if need be, and speak for yourself.

A
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
- Emerson -

Last edited by maxcok; 10-13-2010 at 07:25 PM..
maxcok is offline  
Old 10-13-2010   #54 (permalink)
technopeasant is offline


Interesting, for me I would like to be uncircumcised but, looking at a circumcised penis is more appealing to me. To each his own. To many on here make too much of circumcised or uncircumcised, whatever appeals to you, but be satisfied with what you have or change it if you can. The glans is the most important part and it's what feels good that matters. Pleasure is mostly in ones head. That is the one on your shoulders.
technopeasant is offline  
Old 10-13-2010   #55 (permalink)
HairyTXdude is offline


Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcok View Post
Note to the OP: I'm don't know if you're aware, but quick visit to the search engine reveals literally hundreds of threads on the topic of circumcision with responses numbering in the tens of thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands. At some point most of these threads devolve into a shitstorm. Here are a couple of recent ones that folks can weigh in on if they want to state their preference, express their feelings about the practice, or shoot back at those who express contrary preferences and feelings: Why are people so angry about circumcision .. Am I the only one who likes being circumcised ?

I'm not going to question your motives for starting this thread, but I do question the wisdom of it, and why you thought it necessary to start a new thread just to express your personal preference for intact penises, rather than looking for the many, many opinions expressed in those other threads and weighing in there. Although I don't think (I hope) it was your intention to inflame, I do think your question could have been framed more diplomatically in light of how sensitive people are to the issue.

Typically the OP participates in his own thread, rather than just passively sitting back and collecting responses, particularly if the thing starts to go off track. You have remained noticeably absent, even after being personally taken to task by one of the responders. I have defended your question for you, but there is no reason I should be carrying your water, especially on a topic I think was ill-considered and redundant. I would suggest that you get involved in your own thread, try to keep it focused, clarify your position if need be, and speak for yourself.
I didn't search because the intend of the creation of this thread wasn't about the direct controversy of Cut VS uncut, I just simply wanted to know if anyone else found Cut dick a turn-off, simple as that and nothing more.
I never said I wouldn't date a guy that was cut or only date uncut guys either. My Boyfriend is Cut. Everytime you date someone there is at least one turn-off and guess what the majority of those can't help. Most people arn't shallow enough to let that stop them from dating them, and its annoying that some people would think that. I think its moronic to get angry over something like this, never did I personally attack anyone precious dick, go lord its just a appendage, it shouldn't be something that represents you enough to get angry and Flame over. If your angry over being circumcised, I'm sorry bitch at your parents not me and guess what if your so angry about it and don't like it, FIX IT! Thousand of people are restoring and loving it. I'm doing it myself because I didn't like the look of my own junk, but Id never ask my boyfriend to do it unless it wanted to. Fix yourself and if you don't want to, SHUT UP! and stop bitching about it.That being said this isn't suppose to be thread about restoring either, like previously stated I just wanted to know if anyone else doesn't really like the look of a circumcised dick.

I haven't been active, because I am a full time college art student, working a full time job an Ive had the swine flu for the past 4 days, thanx for the back up
HairyTXdude is offline  
Old 10-14-2010   #56 (permalink)
B_Nicodemous is offline
Banned


Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyTXdude View Post
I didn't search because the intend of the creation of this thread wasn't about the direct controversy of Cut VS uncut, I just simply wanted to know if anyone else found Cut dick a turn-off, simple as that and nothing more.
I never said I wouldn't date a guy that was cut or only date uncut guys either. My Boyfriend is Cut. Everytime you date someone there is at least one turn-off and guess what the majority of those can't help. Most people arn't shallow enough to let that stop them from dating them, and its annoying that some people would think that. I think its moronic to get angry over something like this, never did I personally attack anyone precious dick, go lord its just a appendage, it shouldn't be something that represents you enough to get angry and Flame over. If your angry over being circumcised, I'm sorry bitch at your parents not me and guess what if your so angry about it and don't like it, FIX IT! Thousand of people are restoring and loving it. I'm doing it myself because I didn't like the look of my own junk, but Id never ask my boyfriend to do it unless it wanted to. Fix yourself and if you don't want to, SHUT UP! and stop bitching about it.That being said this isn't suppose to be thread about restoring either, like previously stated I just wanted to know if anyone else doesn't really like the look of a circumcised dick.

I haven't been active, because I am a full time college art student, working a full time job an Ive had the swine flu for the past 4 days, thanx for the back up
First off, I am sorry you were sick. Are you doing better now? I empathize with you on the lack of time. I am working one fulltime job, a couple of part time gigs, trying to get back into the swing of things school wise (though I am taking a semester off), and trying not to explode from the stress of it all. Oh, and to top it off I think I am having the start of caregiver burn out (I work as an in home support service provider as well as a behavioral respite provider, and a behavioral aide to kids on the autism spectrum. I have been averaging maybe 4, sometimes 5 hours of sleep, and did I mention I am administering Interferon injections to a relative with Hep C? Yeah, my life is not so fun right now.)

My intention was not to highjack or help highjack this thread. That said, I do think that Max, and myself had some valid points. These points, issues, whatever, however inadvertently, were allowed in part thanks to your wording of your original post, and the subsequent posts of most of the participating members. I am not sure you have read any of the posts of the type Max hyperlinked for you. If you will notice a whole bunch start off pleasant and civil, only to degenerate into name calling and mudslinging, slanderous statements, and bullying most often reserved for middle school playgrounds, and American politics.

So while I still stand by the things I said (and I would like to point out that I, like Max, never once called infant circ brutal) I think the best thing for all parties to do is to tart completely over an see if we can get this thread back on track.

In an effort to help think I will start with your OP and rewording it so it is less inflammatory. Then will see about doing the same with horn's posts, and then max and I possible posts in relation to the new tone of the thread.
Consider it a model for future reference. Oh and anytime you start a thread like this, that has the possibility of devolving into crap, you may want to either hold off till you have more time, or state that you will be checking it every x days. Max wasn’t being mean to you, he was just wondering what I have been wondering and what others probably were, and that's where were you. The perception is that If someone starts a thread like this (particularly this theme) and we never hear from them again, then they are just trolls getting their jollies from starting trouble. I am glad to here that wasn’t the case.
So how do we fix this massive clusterfuck? Let's start at the beginning with the thread title, and move on from there:

Personal preference: what turns you on? Cut, uncut, or both?

You will notice that I reworded it in a way that helps to eliminate the implied or imagined hostility towards or perceived degradation of, either class of people. We are not asking if it is right or wrong, stances on why or why not it should be done, just what floats your boat.
Your statement could have been this:

I personally enjoy an uncut cock. I find the penis in its natural state exciting.

You are still allowed to say it's natural to be uncut. That's just biologic fact. However to say that cut cocks are unnatural looking is going to raise issues with circumcised men, who may feel you are attacking them for something most of them had no control over, or say in. You don't want people defensive from the get go. This is not a slam towards you, but if your own statement of your man is cut, and you love him and wouldn’t force him to be restored is true, (presumably because you respect his wishes along with loving him) then try to imagine how he (and by extension you) would feel if someone was saying his cock looked unnatural, which may be misconstrued as “your shlong looks deformed”.

Next the people respond, as people are wont to. And then we will get Hornaplenty's little nugget regarding altering nature. His could've been slanted differently, and he really should have stated his preference at the outset. In fact you may have wanted to define the parameters of the question to include all who participate must answer said question. So here is how his could (and should) have gone:

I personally like (BLANK) cocks. I notice you said you prefer the penis in its natural state. Many people do, but equally many don't. Historically humans have permanently altered individuals of their society to conform to ideals of beauty, like the women of the Padaung Hill Tribe in Thailand, whose necks are forever elongated to fit into the cultural norm of that area. The ancient Chinese practice of foot binding on young girls, or the cranial binding done in some parts of Africa and South America (most commonly Peru) also stand as examples. Those practices have long term and sometimes detrimental effects, we cannot blame the people who are the products of such practices seeing as they had little t no choice. I hope that you are disparaging on any men wit cut members. I don't think so but, wanted to throw that out there.

He still gets his point across, but now he has answered the OP question, and is issuing a rational question out of concern, with comparable examples to back up his opinion. It is a far cry from breast augmentation in an adult, fixing harelips, or cutting hair as valid examples of altering young a child or infant’s body permanently. This way makes far more sense and is less likely to draw criticism like what he actually said ended up doing. Also he is now asking you to clarify something and not in a hostile manner (perceived or real). He is giving you the chance to respond, and keep the thread on task. If you have stated you will be checking in only once every four days or so, or a week, then he, and the rest of us, are not thinking you are avoiding the question, or worse, have popped off into the void.

Max could have then issued a comment that may very well have been of a different flavor than the initial one he did issue, or he may have stayed out of it as he has the other forms of this nature. I have no idea what he would have said (mainly because I am exhausted and my creativity is waning drastically) He hopefully would have started by expressing his personal preference, but who knows if he would have or not. But he might have. By the way his dialogue was to be in green, but I’m too lazy to write anything, and have lost the interest to pursue this train of though any further.

Now I think I have been fair, balanced, and I hope helpful to you in seeing what NOT to do in the future. Tone and parameters can be everything here. Oh, and if people wanted to express moral or ethical beliefs or reasons to their preference, then you could have encouraged them to have embedded hyperlinks to their blogs, outside links, or whatever to showcase those reasonings. They get their say, we can read it if we want to, and the thread stays cleaner overall (if that was your intent).

That last part goes for me as well. I already admitted I helped get this thread off track. Max got as close to apologizing as I have seen in my month or so here as a member of LPSG, and he DID try to help keep the thread on task by mentioning that it was for the most part, and it would be nice it continued to do so, cause that is a rarity on these types of threads. The only person who has taken no blame, and so far has continued to avoid answering even the most basic questions truthfully, avoiding others flat out, and admits no culpability in this shall remain nameless.




Last edited by B_Nicodemous; 10-14-2010 at 01:35 AM..
B_Nicodemous is offline  
Old 10-14-2010   #57 (permalink)
HairyTXdude is offline


-sigh- apparently I come across wrong lot. I didnt mean for that to come across as directed mainly at Max, I only Quoted him because his reply made many a valid point that I wanted to talk about
HairyTXdude is offline  
Old 10-14-2010   #58 (permalink)
maxcok is offline


Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyTXdude View Post
I didn't search because the intend of the creation of this thread wasn't about the direct controversy of Cut VS uncut, I just simply wanted to know if anyone else found Cut dick a turn-off, simple as that and nothing more.
Well, as you may have discovered this is one of the most emotional and contentious issues on the board, proabably the most contentious issue, as contentious as anything that comes up in the Politics forum. A reading of some of those other threads shows that. Whatever your intention, it's nearly imposssible to bring up the subject without somebody taking it personally and getting their panties in a twist. Now you know.

No doubt Hornaplenty knee-jerk overreacted. Still, I think you could have framed your OP a little better. Instead putting it in what could be read broadly as negative terms, "Circumcised=turn off", you probably could have phrased it in a more positive or neutral way and still expressed that you preferred natural intact cocks and found circumcised cocks personally unappealing. Live and learn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyTXdude View Post
. . . I never said I wouldn't date a guy that was cut or only date uncut guys either. My Boyfriend is Cut. . . . Thousand of people are restoring and loving it. I'm doing it myself because I didn't like the look of my own junk, but Id never ask my boyfriend to do it unless it wanted to. . .
It sounds like both you and your BF are circumcised? It seems most guys (and gals) are more comfortable with what they are familiar with, either what they have themselves, or what they see around them or experience firsthand. Since you're circumcised yourself, I'm very curious to know how you came to have such a strong preference for intact dicks. Could you elaborate on that? It might even prompt other people to take a more open view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyTXdude View Post
I haven't been active, because I am a full time college art student, working a full time job an Ive had the swine flu for the past 4 days, thanx for the back up
You're welcome, and welcome back to your thread. I hope you are feeling better.

A
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
- Emerson -
maxcok is offline  
Old 10-14-2010   #59 (permalink)
maxcok is offline


Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyTXdude View Post
-sigh- apparently I come across wrong lot. I didnt mean for that to come across as directed mainly at Max, I only Quoted him because his reply made many a valid point that I wanted to talk about
No offense taken here at all, HairyTX. If any of the criticism in your post was directed at me or Nico, I didn't take it that way. I took it that those comments were directed at a "nameless" poster. And Nico, I appreciate your defense, but I wasn't coming anywhere close to 'apologizing' or being conciliatory in any way. My intention all along has been to keep this thread on track and prevent if from becoming just another circumcision shitfest.
I make no apologies for that.

As it turns out, by coincidence I was writing my prior post above at the same time you and Nico were writing. It's interesting that without reading each other, he and I made similar observations about how you framed your OP. Enough said on that. I think this thread has the potential to turn into an interesting discussion about why people have certain preferences (turn-ons, turn-offs) or no preference, and how and why they sometimes change over time. That seems like a much more interesting and enlightening discussion than the usual cut vs. uncut arguments that usually take place here, where most people have their heels stubbornly dug in anyway.

I hope you will respond to the question I put to you in my prior post and maybe elaborate on your own personal experience. Perhaps that might encourage others to do the same. I think the discussion of why we like what we like is infinitely more interesting than a simple check off of who likes cut, who likes uncut, who doesn't care.

And Nico, get some sleep, baby. Now. I've found that sleep deprivation tends to make things generally worse, and speaking personally, makes me a little too verbose.

[Edit: Once again, posts that crossed in the night. You were writing your post below as I was writing the above, Hairy. Thank you for sharing your experience. I'll pick up on that later. Oh, and I totally get the dog problem. I have the same curse/blessing.]

A
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
- Emerson -

Last edited by maxcok; 10-14-2010 at 03:12 AM..
maxcok is offline  
Old 10-14-2010   #60 (permalink)
HairyTXdude is offline


Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcok View Post
It sounds like both you and your BF are circumcised? It seems most guys (and gals) are more comfortable with what they are familiar with, either what they have themselves, or what they see around them or experience firsthand. Since you're circumcised yourself, I'm very curious to know how you came to have such a strong preference for intact dicks. Could you elaborate on that? It might even prompt other people to take a more open view.
Yes my Bf is cut, kinda tight. While I was cut pretty loose so much so that up until 4 yrs ago I thought I was uncut I even have my frenulum intact. I only discovered so when I was talking to my best friend who is uncut about "the annoying line"(my scar) that I have on the edge of my foreskin and he pointed out that uncut guys don't have a line on the edge of their foreskin. So that prompted me to do a net search, and I basically found out theres different types of circumcision lengths (which i didnt know). Me and my best friend have kinda grown up together so Ive seen his on a few occasions and as well as my other guys friends. Out of the group of me and my 7 guy friends, I'm the only circumcised one. When I started opening dating guys, the first guy I did anything with was cut and it was kinda a shock to me to see. I mean his junk was tri-toned, the innerskin, the scar and the outer skin. His head was rough and kinda calloused, remind me of a workin mans hands and it was like a light pink... none of it really looked right to me. I've had 4 other BF since then and they've all looked pretty similar in that context but to call it a strong preference would be extreme, circumcised is not a major turn-off just like intact is not a major turn-on and like I stated before I would not stop dating a guy if i found out he was cut just like I am no more likely to date a guy just cause he's uncut, neither of which can really be help. I'm dating the guy, not his dick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcok;3043898[COLOR=black
You're welcome, and welcome back to your thread. I hope you are feeling better.[/COLOR]
Eh I wish I was sleeping, gotta fever but my oh so wonderful yet annoying dog wont let me sleep... __ __;
HairyTXdude is offline  

Tags
circumcisedturnoff

Thread Tools



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:19 AM.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts
View Up Shorts
7 Minutes Ago by Silver
Blacked
7 Minutes Ago by bobbyd
Last Longer
7 Minutes Ago by MadamD

Latest Blogs

On Cam Now
andy734us, MisterSlave, moscock3, orienteazul, usaguy_4ever

Please read the rules.

Online: 1654 | Chatting: 42

Sponsors

Copyright 1999-2013 LPSG