LPSG

Men Naked Together!

Originally Posted by nakedone ...are there any other similar places, where males of all ages can be completely comfortable being naked together for extended periods of time? I'm one of those guys who enjoys nonsexual

is part of a discussion in the Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy forum that includes topics on Friends, family, co-workers, significant others....


Go Back   LPSG > Main > Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2012   #46 (permalink)
exwhyzee is offline


Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedone View Post
...are there any other similar places, where males of all ages can be completely comfortable being naked together for extended periods of time?
I'm one of those guys who enjoys nonsexual nudity, and its difficult to find in the USA.

I grew up in a household that was, I suppose, fairly pragmatic about nudity. If you were going to take a shower, you dropped trou and took a shower. There was no modesty in terms of using a towel between here and there. Leaving home, I went to school where guys took showers in a big "shower room." Any modesty I might have had was soon gone.

So, I get along well being naked with others. I've had a lot of great experiences overseas...such as the Rudas Baths in Budapest where guys walk around with a loin cloth that you are supposed to spin around to your ass when you sit down. Once its wet its completely see-through, not that it's meant to cover anything up...its really too small to cover much. I've been in saunas in Austria where swim suits are not allowed. Men and women are intended to enjoy the sauna together with only a towel to sit on. I've been in several ryokan (or "inns") in Japan, which have same-sex baths. You take a quick shower first then hop in the hot water with no fabric allowed. I'd love to visit a beach along the Mediterranean that is clothing-optional.

None of these places were sexual at the least, in fact, I travelled to all of them with a family member and it was good to rid him of any hang-ups he might have had about his body. The USA used to have lots of places for communal nudity...such as YMCAs, swimming holes, and public baths, but over time we have lost almost all of them except for sexually-oriented venues. Its good to know that other cultures around the world aren't so sexualized, and haven't developed the same kind of stigma as have many Americans.

The idiot in Dostoyevsky's book looks at a donkey and is suddenly healed.
exwhyzee is offline  
Old 09-29-2012   #47 (permalink)
navywill83 is offline


Quote:
Originally Posted by porn_addict View Post
In the Boston area, I go to Inman Oasis and Dillon's Russian Steam Bath. Both are great, but Inman allows private hot tub rentals where you can plug in your phone and have your own music set lists played. Both are great fun.
Awesome. Glad u posted...just moved to Boston and interested in trying these places. Does anyone know which gyms, if any, have communal showers in Boston?

A man today pushing for men to bond more, fathers to be there more often, sons to be raised with mentoring, and a belief that society needs more spaces for men to be open with other men. -William

My Photography Site:
Sadlerphotography.net
navywill83 is offline  
Old 09-30-2012   #48 (permalink)
lilguy11 is offline


what is Dillians in Boston like??
lilguy11 is offline  
Old 09-30-2012   #49 (permalink)
D_Ukraine_Muhdik is offline
Account Disabled


Quote:
Originally Posted by exwhyzee View Post
I'm one of those guys who enjoys nonsexual nudity, and its difficult to find in the USA.

I grew up in a household that was, I suppose, fairly pragmatic about nudity. If you were going to take a shower, you dropped trou and took a shower. There was no modesty in terms of using a towel between here and there. Leaving home, I went to school where guys took showers in a big "shower room." Any modesty I might have had was soon gone.

So, I get along well being naked with others. I've had a lot of great experiences overseas...such as the Rudas Baths in Budapest where guys walk around with a loin cloth that you are supposed to spin around to your ass when you sit down. Once its wet its completely see-through, not that it's meant to cover anything up...its really too small to cover much. I've been in saunas in Austria where swim suits are not allowed. Men and women are intended to enjoy the sauna together with only a towel to sit on. I've been in several ryokan (or "inns") in Japan, which have same-sex baths. You take a quick shower first then hop in the hot water with no fabric allowed. I'd love to visit a beach along the Mediterranean that is clothing-optional.

None of these places were sexual at the least, in fact, I travelled to all of them with a family member and it was good to rid him of any hang-ups he might have had about his body. The USA used to have lots of places for communal nudity...such as YMCAs, swimming holes, and public baths, but over time we have lost almost all of them except for sexually-oriented venues. Its good to know that other cultures around the world aren't so sexualized, and haven't developed the same kind of stigma as have many Americans.
Sounds awesome dude!
D_Ukraine_Muhdik is offline  
Old 10-02-2012   #50 (permalink)
lilguy11 is offline


Just curious how busy Dillians is normally....do all the guys use one room?
lilguy11 is offline  
Old 10-03-2012   #51 (permalink)
lowellstud is offline


I've been to Dillion's a couple of times. Nothing fancy there, but it is worth checking out at least once. Men only 6 days a week. (Women only on Mondays) Small, open shower area, Huge sauna that gets up to 190 degrees, average size steam room. TV/Lounge area that men sit in between visits to the steam & sauna, mostly wrapped in a towel. Lots of nudity, mostly men age 35+. First time I was there, no "activity." Second time I was there, there was some JO in the steam with about 6 guys.
lowellstud is offline  
Old 10-03-2012   #52 (permalink)
boegeel is offline


my unforgettable nude with another men moment was when i visited korea. i was there nude with tens of other nude men around.
me and my colleague went to the korean sauna. lots of nudity but very relaxing. ever since you enter the locker room, expect to see nude men walking around. the nudity starts there. once we took off our clothes, there's no need to cover up again. all the men walk nude from locker room to the bathing area. the bathing area is located one floor above the locker room, so you have to walk on the stairs in nude. after we finish the bathing, i saw one open door with low light. when i take a look it was the sleeping area. and yes korean men sleep there...they sleep nude. some of them wear shorts and t-shirt but some of them just lay down nude.
there is also grooming room, where men comb their hair, applying some body/face lotion (korean men care a lot about their skin), drying their hair (some of them drying their pubes using hair dryer).. and they do those activities still in the nude. there was also room with big television.. and yes, some of them watch tv in the nude. to my surprise, when i pass the barber shop inside.. i saw a nude korean guy having his hair cut.
wow..those place was kinda heaven for nudist i suppose. inside the bath i also saw nude guy being massaged and scrubbed by an almost nude guy (masseuse is wearing a thong). i even had a chat with another forign visitor, a guy from uk. he was a bit shock with the nudity atmosphere inside the sauna.
anyhow, it was great and relaxing place. i would definitely visit the place again when i have another chance. being nude with other men in non sexual way is a great moment.
boegeel is offline  
Old 10-03-2012   #53 (permalink)
xenon-naturist is offline


Quote:
Originally Posted by boegeel View Post
my unforgettable nude with another men moment was when i visited korea. i was there nude with tens of other nude men around.
me and my colleague went to the korean sauna. lots of nudity but very relaxing. ever since you enter the locker room, expect to see nude men walking around. the nudity starts there. once we took off our clothes, there's no need to cover up again. all the men walk nude from locker room to the bathing area. the bathing area is located one floor above the locker room, so you have to walk on the stairs in nude. after we finish the bathing, i saw one open door with low light. when i take a look it was the sleeping area. and yes korean men sleep there...they sleep nude. some of them wear shorts and t-shirt but some of them just lay down nude.
there is also grooming room, where men comb their hair, applying some body/face lotion (korean men care a lot about their skin), drying their hair (some of them drying their pubes using hair dryer).. and they do those activities still in the nude. there was also room with big television.. and yes, some of them watch tv in the nude. to my surprise, when i pass the barber shop inside.. i saw a nude korean guy having his hair cut.
wow..those place was kinda heaven for nudist i suppose. inside the bath i also saw nude guy being massaged and scrubbed by an almost nude guy (masseuse is wearing a thong). i even had a chat with another forign visitor, a guy from uk. he was a bit shock with the nudity atmosphere inside the sauna.
anyhow, it was great and relaxing place. i would definitely visit the place again when i have another chance. being nude with other men in non sexual way is a great moment.
that sounds awesome, was it strange being a foreigner naked among so many koreans?
xenon-naturist is offline  
Old 10-14-2012   #54 (permalink)
123matthew321 is offline


video of a friend in the locker room ;P

http://video.ak.fbcdn.net/cfs-ak-prn...080cb2aeddf3a8

I probably have an erection right now
123matthew321 is offline  
Old 10-14-2012   #55 (permalink)
Notsobigbutenough is offline


Quote:
Originally Posted by 123matthew321 View Post
video of a friend in the locker room ;P

http://video.ak.fbcdn.net/cfs-ak-prn...080cb2aeddf3a8
hahahhaha so funny
Notsobigbutenough is offline  
Old 10-27-2012   #56 (permalink)
D_JX11CV7 is offline
Banned


Quote:
Originally Posted by B_thickjohnny View Post
I've been to JeJu twice and will definitely go back. It's a great place just to relax naked without any sexual overtones but guys do check each other out and I've seen semis in the steam room. :-) It's amazing the mix of guys, from 20 somethings to older guys like myself and everyone is very relaxed with nudity etc.
I went to Jeju last night for several hours. You see all types and no one cares a bit they are naked whether they are in the pools, sauna/steam or just watching tv.
D_JX11CV7 is offline  
Old 10-27-2012   #57 (permalink)
abattist is offline


Would like to meet up there sometime & just hang out cowboy.
abattist is offline  
Old 10-27-2012   #58 (permalink)
D_Doe_Ray_Mi is offline
Account Disabled


Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedone View Post
I liked nacheei's comment about men being more open and honest with each other when they are naked! I completely agree! There is just something about being naked together which promotes more honesty and open-ness. I have found that in those settings, men will tell things to other men that they never would have in a "normal" situation where everyone was clothed. There is something about stripping the body bare which makes it easier to strip the mind of its inhibitions and communicate from a more basic level.

I have heard of Nude Encounter groups, in which everyone involve, usually of the same sex, but not always, and including the group leaders, was entirely naked the whole time. Those who participated repoarted later that it was very 'liberating" to not have to hide behind their clothes and just "be themselves".

Establishment-Nudist-Types make much of their belief that being naked with other naked persons removes them from the type of inhibited thinking which the "textiles" (as they call clothed persons) are subject to.

But, back to the original conversation, I still believe that it is a good and wholesome thing for males, of all ages,s to be naked together in natural settings where no one has any reason to feel embarrassed or ashamed of their nakedness!
I wrote my Psychology Masters Thesis on "Birthday Suit Therapy". My research supported that stripped of our guises, i.e., superficial identities, images, clothing, etc. that we are most authentic, real, open, trusting, emotionally accessible and available. I planned to deliver my oral thesis presentation naked but the thesis review board protested!
D_Doe_Ray_Mi is offline  
Old 11-17-2012   #59 (permalink)
D_JX11CV7 is offline
Banned


Quote:
Originally Posted by abattist View Post
Would like to meet up there sometime & just hang out cowboy.
ok

Last edited by D_JX11CV7; 11-17-2012 at 02:21 PM..
D_JX11CV7 is offline  
Old 12-08-2012   #60 (permalink)
D_bvc12xt is offline
Banned


Quote:
Originally Posted by D_JX11CV7 View Post
I went to Jeju last night for several hours. You see all types and no one cares a bit they are naked whether they are in the pools, sauna/steam or just watching tv.
bump for jeju if you are in atlanta
D_bvc12xt is offline  

Tags
men, naked

Thread Tools



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:24 AM.

Latest Threads
Hello
54 Minutes Ago by Graybe
lets Skype now
1 Hour Ago by js6106

Latest Posts

Latest Blogs

On Cam Now
aussie101, Fahrbot, hungrockhunk, Newyork10inches, nikon, Sunrise46, thicknick83, Wangriffic

Please read the rules.

Online: 1262 | Chatting: 32

Sponsors

Copyright 1999-2013 LPSG