How to get your webcam working in the chat room.
For a comprehensive guide of how to use the chat room in general see here
You have the option to broadcast your webcam while visiting the LPSG chat room. Broadcasting your webcam is entirely optional. Although this guide isn't 100% guaranteed to work (each computer is different) this guide applies to Windows and Mac machines. If you have any technical issues with chat, make sure your version of Flash is up to date. You can download the latest version for free here - www.get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
. Also try other web broswers (Firefox, Chrome, Safari) and see if the problem persists. If you continue to have troubles, post in the Questions, Commnents and Suggestions
1. Click on "Chat" from the top menu from any page on LPSG. The chat room will open in a new page. Chat will load.
2. When chat loads a pop up / dialogue box will appear titled "Adobe Flash Player Settings". If you click "Allow" your webcam and microphone will begin broadcasting (hopefully) and if you click "Deny" they will not. Screenshot.
If you clicked "Allow" but it's not working, read on. If you clicked "Deny" go to point 6:
3. From the main chat room, click the cogwheel icon tab on the left side. Then click on A/V Settings. Screenshot.
4. In the "A/V Settings" tab you will see some options, your webcam video feed will also be displayed (if it's working, you will see yourself broadcasting). Click on "Select Camera" and chose from the various drop down options until you see your video feed being displayed to the left of the drop down menu. Screenshot.
5. The same applies for your microphone. Click on "Select Microphone" and pick the various settings until you see your audio is displayed in the "Microphone Level" area. If it's working the equaliser will move as you talk (Similar to this).
If you clicked "Deny" upon entering chat:
6. From the main chat room click the cogwheel icon tab on the left side. Then click on "A/V Settings". Screenshot.
7. Once in the "A/V Setting"s tab, click on the "Enable A/V" button. As when you first entered chat, a pop up / dialogue box will appear titled "Adobe Flash Player Settings". Click on allow and read from point 4 above. Screenshot.