LPSG

ABC News Sex Survey - Average number of Sexual Partners (for a lifetime)

Originally Posted by travis1985 Most men don't regularly sleep with prostitutes. Including them in the survey wouldn't skew the data by much. Yep. Also, go back to the numbers: 3 vs 8. You realise that

is part of a discussion in the Sex With a Large Penis forum that includes topics on Real-life experiences, techniques, pros and cons, injuries, masturbation, etc..


Go Back   LPSG > Main > Sex With a Large Penis

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2011   #31 (permalink)
ShannonH is offline


Quote:
Originally Posted by travis1985 View Post
Most men don't regularly sleep with prostitutes. Including them in the survey wouldn't skew the data by much.
Yep. Also, go back to the numbers: 3 vs 8. You realise that if we assume the average woman sleeps with almost no prostitutes, the average man would have to sleep with 5 prostitutes for every 3 non-pros he's with?
If not every man regularly sleeps with prostitutes (I certainly don't, and from the responses even most of the sex-driven guys on this board don't), that goes up to an insane amount. If we count 9 guys all sleeping with 3 girls each, the 10th would have to sleep with 50 different pros to get that number. If that's true, maybe the prostitutes need to offer a loyalty rewards program.

Please, don't reply to this saying "I know a guy who slept with a lot of pros therefore you're wrong." That's not how stat's work. You can't just throw anecdotes in wherever you want because it affirms what you already think is true. By and large, looking at the whole population (not just the people you're exposed to, but everyone) there's no way guys are sleeping with 5 prostitutes per every 3 non-prostitutes they're with. The numbers just don't support it.

Take a read on that lie-detector link I posted. The numbers come together to almost match exactly when the surveyed people think they'd be caught in a lie.
ShannonH is offline  
Old 11-04-2011   #32 (permalink)
hud01 is offline


Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonH View Post
Yep. Also, go back to the numbers: 3 vs 8. You realise that if we assume the average woman sleeps with almost no prostitutes, the average man would have to sleep with 5 prostitutes for every 3 non-pros he's with?
If not every man regularly sleeps with prostitutes (I certainly don't, and from the responses even most of the sex-driven guys on this board don't), that goes up to an insane amount. If we count 9 guys all sleeping with 3 girls each, the 10th would have to sleep with 50 different pros to get that number. If that's true, maybe the prostitutes need to offer a loyalty rewards program.

Please, don't reply to this saying "I know a guy who slept with a lot of pros therefore you're wrong." That's not how stat's work. You can't just throw anecdotes in wherever you want because it affirms what you already think is true. By and large, looking at the whole population (not just the people you're exposed to, but everyone) there's no way guys are sleeping with 5 prostitutes per every 3 non-prostitutes they're with. The numbers just don't support it.

Take a read on that lie-detector link I posted. The numbers come together to almost match exactly when the surveyed people think they'd be caught in a lie.
First, the numbers are for the median, not the average. Second, overall 15% of men had paid, and 30% if over thirty, so that can skew the numbers. When you add in that 4 men reported 200, 3 300 and one 400 that really adds up. Personally, I would have thrown out the 300+ and 400 as not being reliable. Just those 8 men would have added over two to each man, assuming an equal number of men and women.
hud01 is offline  
Old 11-04-2011   #33 (permalink)
B_Hickboy is offline
Banned


Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMonst3r View Post
define having sex.

Men's definition; anything where skin was involved
Women's definition; Only the times where they felt true passion, all the times she performed oral sex don't count.
That's a generalization. Do you have any data to back it up?
B_Hickboy is offline  
Old 11-04-2011   #34 (permalink)
stockgroup14 is offline


I do think these numbers are wrong..but do keep in mind there are a lot more ladies on Earth than men...

The averages would only have to equal if it was a 50/50 split population wise...but there's 51% women...which may not seem like much...but with 7 billion people in the world...that means Earth has 140 million more women on it

And on college campuses across the country (world?)...that jumps to 53% women..which is significant because that's probably where a good chunk of the new sexual partners come from..

So..in a case like that...8 and 3 as medians isn't that much of a stretch...And I definitely buy 3 as a median for women...
stockgroup14 is offline  
Old 11-04-2011   #35 (permalink)
durden is offline


Well the average is 20 and 6 respectively, but still seems a bit off.

When it comes down to it though, does it really matter? comparing to others is fun and all, but I'll take quality over quantity
durden is offline  
Old 11-04-2011   #36 (permalink)
Frnkd213 is offline


Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootums View Post
I know some women. Who more or less have slept with 30+. So I call bullshit.
Well if they are the ones that more likely would be called they're numbers would definetly tilt the results. Lol
In a way it may influence other women to go fuck someone tonight as they may not want to be less than average in their life time of fucks. Lol

A big cock doesn't always equate to happiness.
It'll get you close.


If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. Ahajokes.com
Frnkd213 is offline  
Old 11-04-2011   #37 (permalink)
Phil Ayesho is offline


The numbers are probably accurate.
The higher numbers for men are what you would expect, and No, do not indicate a methodological flaw.

men are more promiscuous than women, as a baseline, but that does not mean that women can not be promiscuous.

It just means that fewer women are as promiscuous as men.

Women who marry young generally have fewer sexual partners than women who date until their late 20s or early thirties... however, because of men's higher rates of infidelity, early marriage for men has little effect on their lifetime average of sexual partners, as many men will be more than willing to cheat.


On the other side, very few men are EXTREMELY promiscuous, not out of lack of wanting to be, but simply out of lack of opportunity. The fact is MOST of us men are not the very model of masculine allure.
Men, in general, can try a lot, but get shot down way more often than they actually score.

The smaller number of promiscuous women, however, can pretty much get laid at any time they feel like it, if they are simply less choosy about the particulars.

Thus, despite the fact that far fewer women are out there flitting from partner to partner, their "average" can be far higher than the average promiscuous men.

In talking to men I know and the women ( only a few of whom are more sexually open and available) the guys, when pressed to honesty, almost always return a number between 6 and 12... with only one or two outliers.

The women, however, fall into two camps... one group claiming anywhere from 2 to 5, and another, much smaller group, that claim between 10 and 20.

This is not to suggest that some women 'sleep around' nor are More promiscuous or horny than men... this simply reflects that women get to do the deciding on when sex happens and with whom, and therefore, when they want sex they pretty much get it... whereas men do not generally get it anywhere near as often as they might want it.

If half of all women are of the sexually less available type, Marrying early and having kids and therefore less likely to be out dating... more likely to have only one or two affairs over their 20s and 30s... that very low number among half the population brings women's averages WAY down in any large scale study.

If the other half of the population of women are of the more sexually open variety... and they generally can get laid any time they choose, their greater success at hooking up than men generally can achieve will more than make up for the difference, and explain how men, in general, can have larger averages than women in general.
Phil Ayesho is offline  
Old 11-04-2011   #38 (permalink)
ShannonH is offline


Quote:
Originally Posted by stockgroup14 View Post
The averages would only have to equal if it was a 50/50 split population wise...but there's 51% women...which may not seem like much...but with 7 billion people in the world...that means Earth has 140 million more women on it

And on college campuses across the country (world?)...that jumps to 53% women..which is significant because that's probably where a good chunk of the new sexual partners come from..

So..in a case like that...8 and 3 as medians isn't that much of a stretch...And I definitely buy 3 as a median for women...
A 47% / 53% split wouldn't amount to one number being 2.7x higher than the other.

Okay, so the median is 3 to 8. The average is 6 to 20. The medians can vary, but the averages can't (at least not by anywhere near that much.) Therefore we know the data are bad. Therefore, any median taken from those data cannot be reliable. You can't extract reliable results from unreliable data, no matter how much you massage and interpret it. GIGO.

Last edited by ShannonH; 11-04-2011 at 01:48 PM.. Reason: sp.
ShannonH is offline  
Old 11-04-2011   #39 (permalink)
MrHangman is offline


I guess men tend to exaggerate their number, meanwhile women try to minimalize it?

Average guy here in every sense of the word.
MrHangman is offline  
Old 11-04-2011   #40 (permalink)
Frnkd213 is offline


Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHangman View Post
I guess men tend to exaggerate their number, meanwhile women try to minimalize it?
That maybe be true. like dick size huh?

A big cock doesn't always equate to happiness.
It'll get you close.


If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. Ahajokes.com
Frnkd213 is offline  
Old 11-04-2011   #41 (permalink)
MoneyForNothing is offline


Quote:
Originally Posted by stockgroup14 View Post
I do think these numbers are wrong..but do keep in mind there are a lot more ladies on Earth than men...
Wrong.
MoneyForNothing is offline  
Old 11-04-2011   #42 (permalink)
houtx48 is offline


7 women and we will not got into the male number. Signed, Slutrina
houtx48 is offline  
Old 11-04-2011   #43 (permalink)
B_chinagirl4u2 is offline
Banned


Quote:
Originally Posted by pcghabsy View Post
Well, you have conservative countries like India or China - i.e. 35% of the world between them - where arranged marriage was still the norm till few years ago and most people have only slept with their spouse.

Thats certainly not true of most China anymore.

Love being a party girl
B_chinagirl4u2 is offline  
Old 11-04-2011   #44 (permalink)
B_chinagirl4u2 is offline
Banned


Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHangman View Post
I guess men tend to exaggerate their number, meanwhile women try to minimalize it?

even if thats the case, the numbers still seem very low to me

Love being a party girl
B_chinagirl4u2 is offline  
Old 11-04-2011   #45 (permalink)
sargon20 is offline


The numbers lie!!

One survey, recently reported by the federal government, concluded that men had a median of seven female sex partners. Women had a median of four male sex partners. Another study, by British researchers, stated that men had 12.7 heterosexual partners in their lifetimes and women had 6.5.

But there is just one problem, mathematicians say. It is logically impossible for heterosexual men to have more partners on average than heterosexual women. Those survey results cannot be correct.

The Myth, the Math, the Sex


"The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of live is to give it away."

-Pablo Picasso
sargon20 is offline  

Tags
abc, average, lifetime, news, number, partners, sex, sexual, survey

Thread Tools



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:16 AM.

Latest Threads
new pics
5 Hours Ago by nobles
SF again...
5 Hours Ago by kingko

Latest Posts
cam pumping
5 Minutes Ago by siroli
Beards
7 Minutes Ago by Novabo

Latest Blogs

Please read the rules.

Online: 1233 | Chatting: 23

Sponsors

Copyright 1999-2013 LPSG