Originally Posted by Perados
saw the game... autsch
as long as the state doesnt pay, why shouldnt the take an expensive hotel?
amd expensive team? what is expensiv about them, expect for the teams who pay them?
dont know how is in your country but most of the money that pays those kids through the Portuguese Federation of Futebol is from the state, the media deal with them like they were the salvation of the country.
"why shouldnt take an expensive hotel??" not even german which is a rich country, they go to 5 star hotel while german team go to 4.
people are saying that they prefer to lose earlier than later because they can save more money coming home early.
In this Euro, Portugal is the most expensive team, spending more than 33 000 € PER DAY used by citizens taxes.
heres the list:
1. Portugal - Opalenica 33.174 euros
2. Russia - Varsovia 30.400 euros
3. Poland - Varsovia 24.000 euros
4. Ireland - Sopot 23.000 euros
5. Germany - Gdansk 22.500 euros
6. Czech Republic - Wroclaw 22.200 euros
7. England - Cracóvia 19.000 euros
8. Netherlands - Cracovia 16.200 euros
9. Italy - Wieliczka 10.500 euros
10. Croatia - Warka 8.300 euros
11. Denmark - Kolobrzeg 7.700 euros
12. Spain - Gniewino 4.700 euros
its hilarous and disrespectful when the country asks for money from outside, and the people struggles for food and dont have jobs.
Just to remind that they NEVER won anything which justifies this luxury, we have champions from other sports and these ones are always struggling for better trainings.