LPSG

The Republican Attack on the Right to Vote

Originally Posted by scanlan FYI: Obama lost in every state that had photo ID. Only four states. Four! Four traditionally strong Republican states. We show ID here in Florida. I even had to show ID

is part of a discussion in the Politics forum that includes topics on Political and government related discussions..


Go Back   LPSG > Main > Politics

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2014   #106 (permalink)
StormfrontFL is offline


Quote:
Originally Posted by scanlan View Post
FYI: Obama lost in every state that had photo ID.
Only four states. Four! Four traditionally strong Republican states.
We show ID here in Florida. I even had to show ID to workers that included my mother and other people who have known me for years. Obama won here so there goes your big bombshell.
Before you start posting more of your right wing conspiracies....
snopes.com: 2012 Voter Fraud

Obama won in every state that did not require a Photo ID and lost in every state that did require a Photo ID in order to vote.
In the 2012 presidential election, Barack Obama did lose in every state that required all voters to provide photo ID, but those states were only four in number: Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, and Tennessee. Meanwhile, contrary to what is claimed here, he also lost in many states that did not require all voters to provide photo ID: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota Texas, Utah, West Virginia, and Wyoming.
Read more at snopes.com: 2012 Voter Fraud
Hmmm, aren't those states that he was expected to lose? Aren't those states that traditionally vote Republican? Wow! You've convinced me. Obama lost in states Democrats usually lose in. States they've lost in even before all these new voter ID laws
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_states_and_blue_states

Oh I found more...
http://blogs.rgj.com/factchecker/201...voter-id-laws/

Claim: NOTE: Obama won in every state that did not require a Photo ID and lost in every state that did require a Photo ID in order to vote.
Not true. There are 11 states with some type of photo identification voting law, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures, and Obama won four of them.


http://www.factcheck.org/2013/01/voting-conspiracies/
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/11...tates-id-laws/


By the way when doing my research I found that a particular hate site shares the same views of the election as you. They, like you, are trumpeting your easily discredited claim. I guess you really can judge someone by the company they keep.




Justice isn't blind. It sees three colors....Black, White, and green

Last edited by StormfrontFL; 04-19-2014 at 03:14 AM..
StormfrontFL is offline  
Old 04-19-2014   #107 (permalink)
ClintHardBall is offline


If the case and is made that polling places are being shut down early and early voting has been effected then I would agree a change needs to be made. But all I hear regarding this issue relates to ID's required at a voting place. ID should be a requirement for anyone who votes and I think we all agree on that point.

Here is the funny thing in not some much as a few days and a couple posts we have pretty much agreed on an acceptable ID required by all. Why in the holy name of Sammy Hagar does it take our government cry babies months and years to make a dam decision. Why, lobbies and corporate influence. Take back our country eliminate corporate donations to politicians and kick out the lobbyists, set term limits and lets make this country great again.
ClintHardBall is offline  
Old 04-19-2014   #108 (permalink)
StormfrontFL is offline


This is in addition to what was posted last night regarding Scanlan's post

I noticed that the only sources that attempted to present the claim that Obama lost all states that required ID to vote as fact were far right wing, totally out there sites. Included among them was WND. The fact that WND considers something to be true should be an indicator that something is seriously off.
WND is a Website giving out bogus "news." - CafeMom

One might think that after settling a libel lawsuit by admitting the publication of false information, WND would have been suitably chastened into basic journalistic practice such as fact-checking claims before publishing them.
Wrong. Just four days after announcing that it settled the Jones lawsuit, WND began promoting the story of Larry Sinclair,who claimed that he did drugs and had sex with Barack Obama. WND made no apparent effort to verify Sinclair's claims, apparently happy with uncritically repeating the smear. WND dropped the story after Sinclair failed a polygraph test; it never retracted the articles, even after it was revealed that Sinclair is a career criminal utterly lacking in credibility.
The Ten Craziest Worldnutdaily Stories » Dispatches from the Culture Wars
WND - RationalWiki


This just reinforces what I stated days ago, that people will believe whatever source validates their already held beliefs. Instead of doing a simple search to get all the information that any elementary school kid could the haters and wingnuts latch on to conspiracy sites and hardcore right wing sites without considering their lack of sources. These sites don't need to offer proof of their claims because to the true believers it's enough that they claim it.



Justice isn't blind. It sees three colors....Black, White, and green
StormfrontFL is offline  
Old 04-19-2014   #109 (permalink)
StormfrontFL is offline


Quote:
Originally Posted by ClintHardBall View Post
If the case and is made that polling places are being shut down early and early voting has been effected then I would agree a change needs to be made. But all I hear regarding this issue relates to ID's required at a voting place. ID should be a requirement for anyone who votes and I think we all agree on that point.

Here is the funny thing in not some much as a few days and a couple posts we have pretty much agreed on an acceptable ID required by all. Why in the holy name of Sammy Hagar does it take our government cry babies months and years to make a dam decision. Why, lobbies and corporate influence. Take back our country eliminate corporate donations to politicians and kick out the lobbyists, set term limits and lets make this country great again.
I liked the idea of term limits but feel that they too wouldn't be truly effective. There was a Florida politician who reached the end of his term limit in the Florida House so he then ran for the Florida Senate. When he was through there he ran for national office. Unless the limit is on the time allowed to hold all public offices those who seek the power and perks of office will find ways to stay in office.

As for ID, I too believe that no one is arguing that ID shouldn't be required. What is in disagreement is the type of ID accepted. It's the lack of uniformity. Why is a state ID that is accepted at banks or government offices unacceptable but a gun permit or license okay?

The issue that raises the most ire isn't ID. It is the attempts to make it harder for people to vote. Why eliminate Sunday voting? Does the day of the week one votes have anything to do with voter fraud? Gone are the days when a person could easily get a weekday off from work. Weekends are usually the best time to get things done so why make it harder for people to perform their civic duty?



Justice isn't blind. It sees three colors....Black, White, and green
StormfrontFL is offline  
Old 04-19-2014   #110 (permalink)
Jjz1109 is online now


Quote:
Originally Posted by ClintHardBall View Post
If the case and is made that polling places are being shut down early and early voting has been effected then I would agree a change needs to be made. But all I hear regarding this issue relates to ID's required at a voting place. ID should be a requirement for anyone who votes and I think we all agree on that point.

Here is the funny thing in not some much as a few days and a couple posts we have pretty much agreed on an acceptable ID required by all. Why in the holy name of Sammy Hagar does it take our government cry babies months and years to make a dam decision. Why, lobbies and corporate influence. Take back our country eliminate corporate donations to politicians and kick out the lobbyists, set term limits and lets make this country great again.
Agreed. I thought I was the only one that noticed that. So, we have made some progress here getting beyond the whole voter Id as some conspiracy motive. If there are claims of being unable to get in to vote, etc. they should be the real focus.
Jjz1109 is online now  
Old 04-20-2014   #111 (permalink)
scanlan is offline


The states which required photo ID in 2012: Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Tennessee, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Michigan, N.H., S.D.

Obama failed to win photo ID states, but did win all the swing states which require no voter ID.

Remember all those lawsuits by the dems demanding that any voter ID laws be repealed? I remember.

Remember the precinct in N.C. using electronic voting machines that experienced issues where votes for Romney were changed to Obama. Also in Kansas and Ohio? I remember.

Remember all those people reporting casting their votes for Romney and the touchscreen highlighted Obama. An invisible field came down about 1/4 '' into what technically should have been the Romney area? I remember.
scanlan is offline  
Old 04-20-2014   #112 (permalink)
StormfrontFL is offline


Quote:
Originally Posted by scanlan View Post
The states which required photo ID in 2012: Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Tennessee, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Michigan, N.H., S.D.

Obama failed to win photo ID states, but did win all the swing states which require no voter ID.

Remember all those lawsuits by the dems demanding that any voter ID laws be repealed? I remember.

Remember the precinct in N.C. using electronic voting machines that experienced issues where votes for Romney were changed to Obama. Also in Kansas and Ohio? I remember.

Remember all those people reporting casting their votes for Romney and the touchscreen highlighted Obama. An invisible field came down about 1/4 '' into what technically should have been the Romney area? I remember.
Obama won Florida! What part of that can't you understand? You listed Florida as one of the states that required photo ID and Obama won here. There goes your claim that he lost all the states that required ID.

Do I really need to prove your other claims false too? While I wait for your answer here's something for you to think over...
The Raw Story | Documents reveal how Ohio routed 2004 voting data through company that hosted external Bush Administration email accounts
2004 United States election voting controversies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

State efforts to purge voter rolls have led to disputes, notably in Florida. Before the 2000 election, Florida officials purged approximately 100,000 registered voters on the grounds that they were convicted felons (and therefore ineligible to vote under Florida law) or dead.[12] Many of those whose names were purged were "false positives" (not actually felons). (See Florida Central Voter File.) A post-election lawsuit brought by the NAACP, the People for the American Way Foundation, and other organizations resulted in a settlement in 2002 in which the state agreed to restore eligible voters to the rolls and take other steps to improve election procedures.[13][14]
The issue returned to prominence in 2004 when Florida announced another planned purge, again based on a list of felons. The state government initially attempted to keep the list secret. When a court ordered its release, it was found to contain mostly Democrats and a disproportionate number of racial minorities.[15] Faced with media documentation that the list included thousands of errors, the state abandoned the attempt to use it.[16] Some of the voters improperly purged in 2000 had not been restored as of May 2004.[17
http://www.flcv.com/fraudpat.html
Reports from voters in Florida, New Mexico, Ohio, and elsewhere (especially other swing states) documented that many touchscreen voting machines appeared to have been set with a "Default to Bush". The "Default to Bush" could be changed only if a voter successfully selected another candidate. But it appears that in many cases the voters did not successfully override the "Default to Bush," in some cases because they did not notice the problem and in other cases because it was difficult or impossible to get the machine to accept another candidate. This was a major problem in New Mexico and Mahoning and Franklin counties in Ohio. There were also problems with "Default to Bush in the "Big Three" Florida counties: Palm Beach, Broward and Dade, and elsewhere in Pinellas, Hillsboro, Pasco, Sarasota and Lee. In fact, Florida was the state with the most reported incidents in the Election Protection Coalition/Election Incident Reporting System database.
How the GOP Wired Ohio's 2004 Vote Count for Bush to Win | Alternet
snopes.com: 2012 Voter Fraud

Hope you notice that unlike you I am able to provide documentation to back up my claims. There are even footnotes in the articles. All you have are tired conspiracy theories and proven lies. Dude, you make it too easy.



Justice isn't blind. It sees three colors....Black, White, and green
StormfrontFL is offline  
Old 04-21-2014   #113 (permalink)
b.c. is online now


Quote:
Originally Posted by StormfrontFL View Post
Obama won Florida! What part of that can't you understand? You listed Florida as one of the states that required photo ID and Obama won here. There goes your claim that he lost all the states that required ID.

Do I really need to prove your other claims false too? While I wait for your answer here's something for you to think over...
The Raw Story | Documents reveal how Ohio routed 2004 voting data through company that hosted external Bush Administration email accounts
2004 United States election voting controversies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

State efforts to purge voter rolls have led to disputes, notably in Florida. Before the 2000 election, Florida officials purged approximately 100,000 registered voters on the grounds that they were convicted felons (and therefore ineligible to vote under Florida law) or dead.[12] Many of those whose names were purged were "false positives" (not actually felons). (See Florida Central Voter File.) A post-election lawsuit brought by the NAACP, the People for the American Way Foundation, and other organizations resulted in a settlement in 2002 in which the state agreed to restore eligible voters to the rolls and take other steps to improve election procedures.[13][14]
The issue returned to prominence in 2004 when Florida announced another planned purge, again based on a list of felons. The state government initially attempted to keep the list secret. When a court ordered its release, it was found to contain mostly Democrats and a disproportionate number of racial minorities.[15] Faced with media documentation that the list included thousands of errors, the state abandoned the attempt to use it.[16] Some of the voters improperly purged in 2000 had not been restored as of May 2004.[17
http://www.flcv.com/fraudpat.html
Reports from voters in Florida, New Mexico, Ohio, and elsewhere (especially other swing states) documented that many touchscreen voting machines appeared to have been set with a "Default to Bush". The "Default to Bush" could be changed only if a voter successfully selected another candidate. But it appears that in many cases the voters did not successfully override the "Default to Bush," in some cases because they did not notice the problem and in other cases because it was difficult or impossible to get the machine to accept another candidate. This was a major problem in New Mexico and Mahoning and Franklin counties in Ohio. There were also problems with "Default to Bush in the "Big Three" Florida counties: Palm Beach, Broward and Dade, and elsewhere in Pinellas, Hillsboro, Pasco, Sarasota and Lee. In fact, Florida was the state with the most reported incidents in the Election Protection Coalition/Election Incident Reporting System database.
How the GOP Wired Ohio's 2004 Vote Count for Bush to Win | Alternet
snopes.com: 2012 Voter Fraud

Hope you notice that unlike you I am able to provide documentation to back up my claims. There are even footnotes in the articles. All you have are tired conspiracy theories and proven lies. Dude, you make it too easy.

And then there were also these stories, because oddly some people remember things the way they want to:



Pro-Romney Firm's Purchase Of Voting Machine Company Raises Alarms

Machine turns vote for Obama into one for Romney | MSNBC

Watch Voting Machine Change Obama Votes To Romney Votes | TechCrunch


With regard to rigged voter machines and such is also this article from a FOX news source:


Claims increase of machines switching votes in Ohio, other battlegrounds | Fox News


From which the following:


"Vote jumping complaints have arisen in every election that uses touch-screen voting machines, with the complaints going both ways," said Barbara Simons, author of the new book "Broken Ballots: Will Your Vote Count?"

"This phenomenon can occur when a machine goes out of calibration. The need to re-calibrate frequently is an important reason for discarding these aging, unreliable, and inaccurate machines and replacing them with paper ballots."

"...election officials insist that the machines are practically foolproof. They say any problems are due to human error, and that tinkering with machines is almost impossible.

"It is nearly technically impossible to pre-program the voting machines in Nevada to vote for a specified candidate," said Nevada Secretary of State Ross Miller, in a statement to Fox News."

"While it is possible for a voter to inadvertently select a candidate, it is not possible for the machine to automatically select a candidate."

Miller notes that similar allegations were investigated in his state during the 2010 election, with the assistance of the FBI. Authorities found that claims that machines "were pre-programmed, malfunctioning or in any way preventing any voter from casting a ballot for the candidate of their choice were without merit."



The STRUGGLE FOR CIVIL RIGHTS (on MANY fronts) is not over. It's only JUST BEGUN.
b.c. is online now  
Old 04-21-2014   #114 (permalink)
scanlan is offline


Go to you tube and in the search box type in "Black Panthers at Polling Place." And to my knowledge Obama never spoke out condemning this conduct.
scanlan is offline  
Old 04-21-2014   #116 (permalink)
scanlan is offline


Oh so much better than that! Obama and his ties with Acorn.
scanlan is offline  
Old 04-21-2014   #117 (permalink)
scanlan is offline


Judicial Watch website article: "Obama Justice Dept. shut down Federal ACORN Investigation according to (FBI) Documents obtained by Judicial Watch."

Just go to the Justice Watch website to read "all about it."

Or cut and paste the first paragraph.

Last edited by scanlan; 04-21-2014 at 10:16 PM..
scanlan is offline  
Old 04-21-2014   #118 (permalink)
Popyuu is offline


Quote:
Originally Posted by scanlan View Post
Judicial Watch website article: "Obama Justice Dept. shut down Federal ACORN Investigation according to (FBI) Documents obtained by Judicial Watch."

Just go to the Justice Watch website to read "all about it."
Pretty sure i'm no longer invested in pointing out all the bullshit i've seen cause really when i said my bullshit meter exploded i wasn't kidding. I've read so many posts by you and others that are steeped so heavily in bullshit that there is little reason for me to say anything about it. But i will post this link.

Cause...why not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanlan View Post
Go to you tube and in the search box type in "Black Panthers at Polling Place." And to my knowledge Obama never spoke out condemning this conduct.
And i'm finding it particularly hilarious that people are still going with the "black panthers are intimidating people" approach. This when white supremacist are writing messages on kids easter eggs. While other extremist are actually full on murdering people left and right.

Yeah forget the fact that they were there to keep others from intimidating voters as they have all over the place. Forget that they were only in certain neighborhoods. And forget the very current standoff with certain individuals that had guns loaded and pointed at police and federal officers with the full intention of murdering anyone that crossed their path. Yup forget all that and be afraid be very afraid of the black panther party. Yup. Cause they are the ones you should be afraid of.

And when i say that. I also mean that you should also be afraid of muslims as well. Cause...ID's and cause terrorism. What? Whats that? Many bombers and shooters in the United States of America were american and had ID's? Well then what the hell was that guy going on about with that whole airplane ID tirade? Oh. Scare tactics...oh well that seems a hellva lot more logical.

So it was an attempt at forcing people to think of ID's as a security issue? Yeah but the only people that are largely effected by these voting laws are black peo....ohh i see what you did there. That old "be afraid of the blacks cause terrorism" angle. You sly fox you.

But what about the massive amount of white males consistently murdering just about anyone that are also ameri....what? Why are you putting your finger to your lip? Well i didn't know that was suppose to be a secret. You should like send out a memo or something. What? How in the hell is fox news considered...oh ok i see your point.

Popyuu is offline  
Old 04-21-2014   #119 (permalink)
StormfrontFL is offline


Quote:
Originally Posted by Popyuu View Post
Pretty sure i'm no longer invested in pointing out all the bullshit i've seen cause really when i said my bullshit meter exploded i wasn't kidding. I've read so many posts by you and others that are steeped so heavily in bullshit that there is little reason for me to say anything about it. But i will post this link.

Cause...why not.



And i'm finding it particularly hilarious that people are still going with the "black panthers are intimidating people" approach. This when white supremacist are writing messages on kids easter eggs. While other extremist are actually full on murdering people left and right.

Yeah forget the fact that they were there to keep others from intimidating voters as they have all over the place. Forget that they were only in certain neighborhoods. And forget the very current standoff with certain individuals that had guns loaded and pointed at police and federal officers with the full intention of murdering anyone that crossed their path. Yup forget all that and be afraid be very afraid of the black panther party. Yup. Cause they are the ones you should be afraid of.

And when i say that. I also mean that you should also be afraid of muslims as well. Cause...ID's and cause terrorism. What? Whats that? Many bombers and shooters in the United States of America were american and had ID's? Well then what the hell was that guy going on about with that whole airplane ID tirade? Oh. Scare tactics...oh well that seems a hellva lot more logical.

So it was an attempt at forcing people to think of ID's as a security issue? Yeah but the only people that are largely effected by these voting laws are black peo....ohh i see what you did there. That old "be afraid of the blacks cause terrorism" angle. You sly fox you.

But what about the massive amount of white males consistently murdering just about anyone that are also ameri....what? Why are you putting your finger to your lip? Well i didn't know that was suppose to be a secret. You should like send out a memo or something. What? How in the hell is fox news considered...oh ok i see your point.

The last few posts by Scanlan prove nothing except the fact that he is trolling this forum. I do thank him for providing a reason for me to post the following.....
WATCH: Liberal Infiltrator at Tax Day Rally DESTROYS Delusional Tea Party Rhetoric! (Video) | Americans Against the Tea Party



Justice isn't blind. It sees three colors....Black, White, and green
StormfrontFL is offline  
Old 04-22-2014   #120 (permalink)
scanlan is offline


Quote:
Originally Posted by Popyuu View Post
Pretty sure i'm no longer invested in pointing out all the bullshit i've seen cause really when i said my bullshit meter exploded i wasn't kidding. I've read so many posts by you and others that are steeped so heavily in bullshit that there is little reason for me to say anything about it. But i will post this link.

Cause...why not.



And i'm finding it particularly hilarious that people are still going with the "black panthers are intimidating people" approach. This when white supremacist are writing messages on kids easter eggs. While other extremist are actually full on murdering people left and right.

Yeah forget the fact that they were there to keep others from intimidating voters as they have all over the place. Forget that they were only in certain neighborhoods. And forget the very current standoff with certain individuals that had guns loaded and pointed at police and federal officers with the full intention of murdering anyone that crossed their path. Yup forget all that and be afraid be very afraid of the black panther party. Yup. Cause they are the ones you should be afraid of.

And when i say that. I also mean that you should also be afraid of muslims as well. Cause...ID's and cause terrorism. What? Whats that? Many bombers and shooters in the United States of America were american and had ID's? Well then what the hell was that guy going on about with that whole airplane ID tirade? Oh. Scare tactics...oh well that seems a hellva lot more logical.

So it was an attempt at forcing people to think of ID's as a security issue? Yeah but the only people that are largely effected by these voting laws are black peo....ohh i see what you did there. That old "be afraid of the blacks cause terrorism" angle. You sly fox you.

But what about the massive amount of white males consistently murdering just about anyone that are also ameri....what? Why are you putting your finger to your lip? Well i didn't know that was suppose to be a secret. You should like send out a memo or something. What? How in the hell is fox news considered...oh ok i see your point.

You make no sense. What does this have to do with the link about Obama and ACORN? And I never mentioned half the things that you are talking about.
scanlan is offline  

Tags
attack, republican, vote

Thread Tools



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:41 PM.

Latest Threads
Guys With Accessories
36 Minutes Ago by Novabo
verification pic
51 Minutes Ago by gd31
West London Fun
1 Hour Ago by stamin

Latest Posts
Random thoughts
2 Minutes Ago by rbkwp
To hang or to bulge?
5 Minutes Ago by mikebm
Ebola
6 Minutes Ago by rbkwp

Latest Blogs

On Cam Now
biggieschlong, garmer, gd31, Handley, LeoChick, lo4fun, massivecock, selfer79, whitedick101

Please read the rules.

Online: 2193 | Chatting: 53

Sponsors

Copyright 1999 - 2014 lpsg.com. All rights reserved