LPSG

DTR for foreskin restoration

MacBuddy01, being slightly flippant: it's personal choice. You didn't like it so axed it. *Ooh that was rough.* Someone made the wrong choice for me and many others when we had no say in the

is part of a discussion in the Sex With a Large Penis forum that includes topics on Real-life experiences, techniques, pros and cons, injuries, masturbation, etc..


Go Back   LPSG > Main > Sex With a Large Penis

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2007   #16 (permalink)
SteveHd is offline


MacBuddy01, being slightly flippant: it's personal choice. You didn't like it so axed it. *Ooh that was rough.* Someone made the wrong choice for me and many others when we had no say in the matter and we have a difficult multi-year restoration to deal with.

Do us a favor a don't advocate "routine infant circumcision" and don't cut your kids should you have any. Let them choose for themselves, as you did.
SteveHd is offline  
Old 09-15-2007   #17 (permalink)
fish tacos is offline


Chance, I'm now using the DTR. Have had it a little more than one week. Overall, it's a good design, but you've got to be careful about applying excessive tension. It's amazing how well these things can hold. Most tricky is setting tension applied to the inner skin with the plunger. You can only go by feel. It's surprising how light even a couple pounds of tension can feel when you're fairly new to FR.

I've found the DTR well made, and worth its cost. Each is hand made. The knurled set screws can abrade your inner thigh if you move around a lot (happened to me on a long walk). A child-sized cotton sock slipped over the device solves that problem.

I am having pinching issues, but am not surprised. That's an old nemesis of mine from earlier FR experience. I just stop, remove, massage skin, reapply and get on with things. Total average daily wear is 9+ hours.

New to my arsenal today is the Cat II Q, which works on just the same principal. It's design is subtly different, so may prove more or less comfortable for me. Time will tell. Comfort is essential to long term safe wear, which is what gets new skin.

My first tapeless tugger was the TugAhoy, which became available several years ago. I was quite impressed at first, but was not able to solve pinching troubles and have abandoned the TA. Some tools which work great for one guy cannot be tolerated by another. It's just dumb luck, I suppose.

Nearly all of my prior FR time was spent in T-tapes. They are very comfortable when made with top quality medical tape, but otherwise are a hassle. T-tapes got me plenty of new skin during two years' tugging time, but I was constantly struggling with early tape failure due to perspiration. My skin also is temperamental when kept under tape for extended periods. So, I'm making a serious effort to work with tapeless devices to finish my FR. I'd absolutely hate to have to go back to tape.

I've spent a few bucks and lots of time at this since I believe that FR is very worthwhile. Some tangible benefits have already come my way, and I'm looking forward to getting the job done. Being cut is good enough for some guys, but I genuinely hate it. Working hard now on getting uncut.

Hang in there and keep close watch on what your body is telling you while tugging. Stop and check things out if you notice any discomfort. Lots of restorers use different methods during the course of their restorations, so don't hesitate to experiment a bit. You may find two or three things work well for you for different wear situations, or simply for a change of pace.
fish tacos is offline  
Old 09-15-2007   #18 (permalink)
B_dxjnorto
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBuddy01 View Post
it's funny how you guys all want your foreskin...I got circ when I was 19...I hated foreskin and still do...if you guys want some extra skin to play with...just use a ball strecher ...trust me...I have the best of both world...cut with extra skin to play and tug with but no foreskin. when I do get flaccid..I even get some skin over my head..and I just pull it back with a minor tug..
Same old swill. Want less dick? Try circumcision.
Old 09-17-2007   #19 (permalink)
D_Iskepee_Longwoodee
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish tacos View Post
Chance, I'm now using the DTR. Have had it a little more than one week. Overall, it's a good design, but you've got to be careful about applying excessive tension. It's amazing how well these things can hold. Most tricky is setting tension applied to the inner skin with the plunger. You can only go by feel. It's surprising how light even a couple pounds of tension can feel when you're fairly new to FR.

I've found the DTR well made, and worth its cost. Each is hand made. The knurled set screws can abrade your inner thigh if you move around a lot (happened to me on a long walk). A child-sized cotton sock slipped over the device solves that problem.

I am having pinching issues, but am not surprised. That's an old nemesis of mine from earlier FR experience. I just stop, remove, massage skin, reapply and get on with things. Total average daily wear is 9+ hours.

New to my arsenal today is the Cat II Q, which works on just the same principal. It's design is subtly different, so may prove more or less comfortable for me. Time will tell. Comfort is essential to long term safe wear, which is what gets new skin.

My first tapeless tugger was the TugAhoy, which became available several years ago. I was quite impressed at first, but was not able to solve pinching troubles and have abandoned the TA. Some tools which work great for one guy cannot be tolerated by another. It's just dumb luck, I suppose.

Nearly all of my prior FR time was spent in T-tapes. They are very comfortable when made with top quality medical tape, but otherwise are a hassle. T-tapes got me plenty of new skin during two years' tugging time, but I was constantly struggling with early tape failure due to perspiration. My skin also is temperamental when kept under tape for extended periods. So, I'm making a serious effort to work with tapeless devices to finish my FR. I'd absolutely hate to have to go back to tape.

I've spent a few bucks and lots of time at this since I believe that FR is very worthwhile. Some tangible benefits have already come my way, and I'm looking forward to getting the job done. Being cut is good enough for some guys, but I genuinely hate it. Working hard now on getting uncut.

Hang in there and keep close watch on what your body is telling you while tugging. Stop and check things out if you notice any discomfort. Lots of restorers use different methods during the course of their restorations, so don't hesitate to experiment a bit. You may find two or three things work well for you for different wear situations, or simply for a change of pace.
Do you think wearing the DTR for 9+ hours a day is healthy to growing new skin? I believe 5-6 hours everyday and 8 on the weekends is more conducive to growing a new "foreskin".
Old 09-17-2007   #20 (permalink)
fish tacos is offline


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance1826 View Post
Do you think wearing the DTR for 9+ hours a day is healthy to growing new skin? I believe 5-6 hours everyday and 8 on the weekends is more conducive to growing a new "foreskin".
My prior experience at FR was that I did better with more or less constant tugging, including at night. That was easier with T-tapes due to the high comfort level--no pinching as tends to happen with tapeless tuggers. You will have to find your own best routine. There may be other factors in your life, besides how long you can comfortably wear your DTR, that influence your tugging schedule. I try to get in as many hours as I can, others are devoted part-timers who enjoy good growth. I guess I'm a hard gainer, but I also believe that skin growth is mostly a consequence of fairly constant, modest tension. That's how we get all that new skin if we allow ourselves to get obese. Again, though, just use your DTR in the manner most comfortable and convenient for you. You've got lots of time to evaluate results and make changes if you feel it necessary.

In a sense, each of us restorers is reinventing the wheel. There's no such thing as a large scale, clinically supervised, peer reviewed FR study to guide us. We've got to rely on as much anecdotal "evidence" as we can scrape up from boards like this or ones dedicated to FR. There's a wealth of experience out there, and what it shows is that guys have restored to completion doing part-time and 24/7, and using a wide variety of tugging implements. It's all good. The most important thing is sticking with it and using lots of common sense. The skin will grow. It's up to you to be patient.
fish tacos is offline  
Old 09-17-2007   #21 (permalink)
D_Iskepee_Longwoodee
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish tacos View Post
My prior experience at FR was that I did better with more or less constant tugging, including at night. That was easier with T-tapes due to the high comfort level--no pinching as tends to happen with tapeless tuggers. You will have to find your own best routine. There may be other factors in your life, besides how long you can comfortably wear your DTR, that influence your tugging schedule. I try to get in as many hours as I can, others are devoted part-timers who enjoy good growth. I guess I'm a hard gainer, but I also believe that skin growth is mostly a consequence of fairly constant, modest tension. That's how we get all that new skin if we allow ourselves to get obese. Again, though, just use your DTR in the manner most comfortable and convenient for you. You've got lots of time to evaluate results and make changes if you feel it necessary.

In a sense, each of us restorers is reinventing the wheel. There's no such thing as a large scale, clinically supervised, peer reviewed FR study to guide us. We've got to rely on as much anecdotal "evidence" as we can scrape up from boards like this or ones dedicated to FR. There's a wealth of experience out there, and what it shows is that guys have restored to completion doing part-time and 24/7, and using a wide variety of tugging implements. It's all good. The most important thing is sticking with it and using lots of common sense. The skin will grow. It's up to you to be patient.
How much time do you allow for rest and healing?
Old 09-17-2007   #22 (permalink)
fish tacos is offline


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance1826 View Post
How much time do you allow for rest and healing?
Right now I'm not tugging at night since I can never get a truly pinch-free application of the DTR. So, that would make nights my off time.

I'm not sure of the idea of rest and recovery in FR. Most of this stuff comes from armchair speculation, nothing more. People are analogizing to weight training or something similar, but that's not what we're doing. Plastic surgeons insert and fill a saline bag under the skin to generate new skin for grafting. Once filled, the skin is under constant tension, which only gradually reduces as new skin grows. The bag is filled some more, so more tension, and the skin gradually grows in again. That's an around-the-clock process. But, as I noted earlier, lots of veteran restorers had success with part-time routines. Usually tugging during the day, resting at night. Sometimes they'd be off completely on weekends. The key really seems to be extended periods of sensible tension (in blocks of hours) that sets the process in motion to generate entirely new skin beyond normal replacement.

Just keep doing what you are doing now. If you can, take a photo of your normal flaccid state, then compare yourself to that in two, three, or four months' time. If you seem to be doing well, just stick with what works. On the other hand, if you think nothing much has happened, you could try to up your daily tugging hours for the next few months. There is experimentation to do during the initial months of FR to find what works well for you. I suggest keeping some simple notes about your tugging routine as you do it. That way you won't have to guess down the line about what exactly you've been doing if you want to modify your approach. I'm simply noting my approx. hours of tugging each day, time with the DTR alone (mostly inner tension from plunger), time with strap (tugging outer shaft skin & inner), and any manual stretching I might do before bed. My memory sucks, so I learned to keep notes to help me see what I actually am doing over longer periods.

You ought to do well at this, as it sounds as if you are having an easy time wearing your DTR. I just can't completely avoid pinching, and it virtually always happens on the same small area on one side. It probably has something to do with being right-handed and how I get the DTR on myself. So, I'll keep playing with it to see if I can find a work-around. I do make a note of pinching troubles as well in my log. Hopefully, all the information will be useful later on. I figure I'll be extremely lucky to be done in two years, even though I'm starting with plenty of skin. I've taken a starting photo to be filed away until around January or so for comparison then. It'd be great to see a significant difference.
fish tacos is offline  
Old 09-20-2007   #23 (permalink)
D_Iskepee_Longwoodee
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish tacos View Post
Right now I'm not tugging at night since I can never get a truly pinch-free application of the DTR. So, that would make nights my off time.

I'm not sure of the idea of rest and recovery in FR. Most of this stuff comes from armchair speculation, nothing more. People are analogizing to weight training or something similar, but that's not what we're doing. Plastic surgeons insert and fill a saline bag under the skin to generate new skin for grafting. Once filled, the skin is under constant tension, which only gradually reduces as new skin grows. The bag is filled some more, so more tension, and the skin gradually grows in again. That's an around-the-clock process. But, as I noted earlier, lots of veteran restorers had success with part-time routines. Usually tugging during the day, resting at night. Sometimes they'd be off completely on weekends. The key really seems to be extended periods of sensible tension (in blocks of hours) that sets the process in motion to generate entirely new skin beyond normal replacement.

Just keep doing what you are doing now. If you can, take a photo of your normal flaccid state, then compare yourself to that in two, three, or four months' time. If you seem to be doing well, just stick with what works. On the other hand, if you think nothing much has happened, you could try to up your daily tugging hours for the next few months. There is experimentation to do during the initial months of FR to find what works well for you. I suggest keeping some simple notes about your tugging routine as you do it. That way you won't have to guess down the line about what exactly you've been doing if you want to modify your approach. I'm simply noting my approx. hours of tugging each day, time with the DTR alone (mostly inner tension from plunger), time with strap (tugging outer shaft skin & inner), and any manual stretching I might do before bed. My memory sucks, so I learned to keep notes to help me see what I actually am doing over longer periods.

You ought to do well at this, as it sounds as if you are having an easy time wearing your DTR. I just can't completely avoid pinching, and it virtually always happens on the same small area on one side. It probably has something to do with being right-handed and how I get the DTR on myself. So, I'll keep playing with it to see if I can find a work-around. I do make a note of pinching troubles as well in my log. Hopefully, all the information will be useful later on. I figure I'll be extremely lucky to be done in two years, even though I'm starting with plenty of skin. I've taken a starting photo to be filed away until around January or so for comparison then. It'd be great to see a significant difference.
I'm making some unbelievable progress...I'm already starting to stay covered and now have what appears to be extra skin behind my glans. I'm also maintaining...coverage for certain periods of time throughout the day and when I wake up in the morning. I am continuing to use the DTR at high tension for 6+ hours per day with 5 minutes off every 3 hours. I am leaving the DTR on for weekends at 8-9 hour intervals. I am extremely pleased with these results and cannot wait for 3 months to go by. I think in 3 months, I will be at stage 2 or 3. I know that sounds unreal, but I believe I am also benefiting from the other thinks I am taking for recovery and rebuilding that my herbologist gave to me. I also believe that because I keep constantly adjusting the DTR thoughout the day, I am in fact causing my skin to NEED to regenerate. I stay at high tension for the 1st three hours and than I take a 5 minute break by taking the DTR off. I rest and than resume by placing the DTR back on and increase the tension and the length of the pull...(increasing the distance between each bell) and go about my daily business. I understand that every foreskin device will put more tension on the skin, but I think the DTR is the best answer to that, if the user does not find the capture cylinder uncomfortable.

The progress I have made thus far, i consider unbelievable because I was cut not tight bu not loose either! If you have any questions feel free to ask me...here or in a PM.

Last edited by D_Iskepee_Longwoodee; 09-20-2007 at 02:50 PM..
Old 09-20-2007   #24 (permalink)
fish tacos is offline


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance1826 View Post
I'm making some unbelievable progress...I'm already starting to stay covered and now have what appears to be extra skin behind my glans. I'm also maintaining...coverage for certain periods of time throughout the day and when I wake up in the morning. I am continuing to use the DTR at high tension for 6+ hours per day with 5 minutes off every 3 hours. I am leaving the DTR on for weekends at 8-9 hour intervals. I am extremely pleased with these results and cannot wait for 3 months to go by. I think in 3 months, I will be at stage 2 or 3. I know that sounds unreal, but I believe I am also benefiting from the other thinks I am taking for recovery and rebuilding that my herbologist gave to me. I also believe that because I keep constantly adjusting the DTR thoughout the day, I am in fact causing my skin to NEED to regenerate. I stay at high tension for the 1st three hours and than I take a 5 minute break by taking the DTR off. I rest and than resume by placing the DTR back on and increase the tension and the length of the pull...(increasing the distance between each bell) and go about my daily business. I understand that every foreskin device will put more tension on the skin, but I think the DTR is the best answer to that, if the user does not find the capture cylinder uncomfortable.

The progress I have made thus far, i consider unbelievable because I was cut not tight bu not loose either! If you have any questions feel free to ask me...here or in a PM.
The earliest apparent gains are normally pulling out the stretch capacity of your skin. My skin is already a little looser at two weeks of DTR use, but I know it's not actually new skin just yet. Fortunately, I'm starting this go around with FR having significantly more skin than I had several years ago, so hopefully I've got more "fertile ground" from which to get gains.

Just keep doing what you're doing now. Sounds like you have adapted easily to tugging with the DTR. That's great--you've avoided the need to mess with tapes to get enough skin to get going. You may also do better than the average guy because of your larger penis. More skin kept under tension should mean a greater yield of new cells during the period you maintain the tension.

I've taken a starting photo, which I'll set aside for comparison sometime around January. As I get noticeable gains I plan on taking a series of progress photos--assuming, of course, I can get past my tendency to be a very hard gainer. I hope to have some photos to post for newbies to help encourage them in their own FR efforts. It was a help to me in my early restoration struggles to see that it could actually be done.

Best of luck. Before long you may start to discover some fantastic gains in sensation. That's something to really anticipate.
fish tacos is offline  
Old 09-20-2007   #25 (permalink)
D_Iskepee_Longwoodee
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish tacos View Post
The earliest apparent gains are normally pulling out the stretch capacity of your skin. My skin is already a little looser at two weeks of DTR use, but I know it's not actually new skin just yet. Fortunately, I'm starting this go around with FR having significantly more skin than I had several years ago, so hopefully I've got more "fertile ground" from which to get gains.

Just keep doing what you're doing now. Sounds like you have adapted easily to tugging with the DTR. That's great--you've avoided the need to mess with tapes to get enough skin to get going. You may also do better than the average guy because of your larger penis. More skin kept under tension should mean a greater yield of new cells during the period you maintain the tension.

I've taken a starting photo, which I'll set aside for comparison sometime around January. As I get noticeable gains I plan on taking a series of progress photos--assuming, of course, I can get past my tendency to be a very hard gainer. I hope to have some photos to post for newbies to help encourage them in their own FR efforts. It was a help to me in my early restoration struggles to see that it could actually be done.

Best of luck. Before long you may start to discover some fantastic gains in sensation. That's something to really anticipate.
Actually I figured having a large penis would cause me to gain more slowly...you think the opposite eh? I will be taking pics this weekend and will post my results when at each stage.

I did not think my body grew new skin yet..but I have seen my shaft skin or what is left of my foreskin become more stretchy and it now sits directly behind my glans..or sometimes it is over it..just depends
Old 09-20-2007   #26 (permalink)
fish tacos is offline


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance1826 View Post
Actually I figured having a large penis would cause me to gain more slowly...you think the opposite eh? I will be taking pics this weekend and will post my results when at each stage.

I did not think my body grew new skin yet..but I have seen my shaft skin or what is left of my foreskin become more stretchy and it now sits directly behind my glans..or sometimes it is over it..just depends
There really isn't any proof I can show you that larger penises would grow skin somewhat faster than smaller ones. I'm just thinking in common sense terms. All else being the same, you should have more free shaft skin under tension than a guy with a 5 or 6 inch penis. That additional free skin will be making its own contribution to growth, so you should have a bit of an advantage over most restorers tugging with a similar routine. Just something to think about (armchair speculation, anyway).

Getting that bunched up skin against your corona is a great sign. It shows that the tugging is doing just what it's supposed to do-pulling out the natural elasticity of the skin and keeping it in that stretched condition. Your body will interpret that as a need to grow new skin to relieve the constant stress. It's what happens with overweight folks, except that we want longitudinal growth, not radial growth. I'd love a long foreskin with ample overhang, but not a baggy one.

Even though I stopped my first restoration attempt a couple of years ago, I never lost that pile of skin against my glans, so I did get plenty of genuine new skin, and it was simply great to see it every day. It was like ending up as someone who'd had a loose circ, rather than the tight one I really got. It's what finally motivated me to get back to FR in hopes of getting finished.
fish tacos is offline  
Old 09-24-2007   #27 (permalink)
D_Iskepee_Longwoodee
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish tacos View Post
There really isn't any proof I can show you that larger penises would grow skin somewhat faster than smaller ones. I'm just thinking in common sense terms. All else being the same, you should have more free shaft skin under tension than a guy with a 5 or 6 inch penis. That additional free skin will be making its own contribution to growth, so you should have a bit of an advantage over most restorers tugging with a similar routine. Just something to think about (armchair speculation, anyway).

Getting that bunched up skin against your corona is a great sign. It shows that the tugging is doing just what it's supposed to do-pulling out the natural elasticity of the skin and keeping it in that stretched condition. Your body will interpret that as a need to grow new skin to relieve the constant stress. It's what happens with overweight folks, except that we want longitudinal growth, not radial growth. I'd love a long foreskin with ample overhang, but not a baggy one.

Even though I stopped my first restoration attempt a couple of years ago, I never lost that pile of skin against my glans, so I did get plenty of genuine new skin, and it was simply great to see it every day. It was like ending up as someone who'd had a loose circ, rather than the tight one I really got. It's what finally motivated me to get back to FR in hopes of getting finished.
Okay, I think I understand your position about a larger penis might be able to grow skin quicker than one of average or below average size. I absolutely love this and am looking forward to gaining new skin soon! How is your restoration coming?
Old 09-25-2007   #28 (permalink)
fish tacos is offline


My skin has loosened up nicely, and I'm getting just a bit of occasional, tentative roll-over on my corona. It looks absolutely great when that happens. There's also been a small sensitivity gain in my inner skin area from the protection provided by the tugger--another good sign.

I'm still battling pinching. It happens no matter what I do so far. Some guys apparently just aren't well suited for tapeless tuggers. I don't know why exactly that would be the case. There might be a few squirrelly blood vessels in skin that don't agree with the tugger pressure. I may be limited to the lightest possible tensions with these kinds of tuggers.

Right now I have the freedom to frequently remove the tugger, massage the skin, and reapply, so I am able to accumulate a fair number of hours's tugging each day (nights off). I'm considering trying the TLC. It can be had with a relief groove in the inner shell for the frenulum. Although I'm cut, I have a troublesome bit of skin in that spot, probably related to my circ scar. That little area is one of my reliable pinching zones. The convenience of the tapeless tuggers is allowing me to keep at this day-to-day. Being able to remove and reapply in seconds makes a huge difference. I just wish the skin would hurry up and grow!
fish tacos is offline  
Old 09-25-2007   #29 (permalink)
D_Iskepee_Longwoodee
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish tacos View Post
My skin has loosened up nicely, and I'm getting just a bit of occasional, tentative roll-over on my corona. It looks absolutely great when that happens. There's also been a small sensitivity gain in my inner skin area from the protection provided by the tugger--another good sign.

I'm still battling pinching. It happens no matter what I do so far. Some guys apparently just aren't well suited for tapeless tuggers. I don't know why exactly that would be the case. There might be a few squirrelly blood vessels in skin that don't agree with the tugger pressure. I may be limited to the lightest possible tensions with these kinds of tuggers.

Right now I have the freedom to frequently remove the tugger, massage the skin, and reapply, so I am able to accumulate a fair number of hours's tugging each day (nights off). I'm considering trying the TLC. It can be had with a relief groove in the inner shell for the frenulum. Although I'm cut, I have a troublesome bit of skin in that spot, probably related to my circ scar. That little area is one of my reliable pinching zones. The convenience of the tapeless tuggers is allowing me to keep at this day-to-day. Being able to remove and reapply in seconds makes a huge difference. I just wish the skin would hurry up and grow!
I heard that skin grows at an average of 2mm per week, what do you think about that? I heard it also takes about a minth before you really notice much of anything, do you believe that is true too?
Old 09-26-2007   #30 (permalink)
fish tacos is offline


It's possible skin grows at that rate. That sounds like a number that comes from lab experimentation, so how it translates to FR I don't know. Real world FR growth rates seem to vary a lot, , but obviously there's a lot of variation in how restorers are doing their thing. Ever since I learned about FR I've been reading about the search for the holy grail of FR technique--no one knows what that is.

I think it's easier to see results over periods of two or three months when tugging consistently. You could always try to measure your shaft skin length, if you can find a reliable way to do it. You'd need a fixed spot near the base of your shaft, and from there you'd measure the skin to the sulcus. Problem is maintaining the same measuring point near the base--it would be easier if you had a small skin blemish--and stretching your skin to the same degree each time you measure. Without actually measuring your skin, you only are left with judging the appearance of your skin (more or less wrinkles, etc).

During my earlier FR I tried to keep a log of measurements. I don't have those numbers anymore (was on another computer), but I think I saw roughly 1/8 inch per month when I was having the most success. That's only my personal experience. Others do much better than that. The first time around I was tugging close to 24/7, but not fanatically. Now I'm running an experiment on myself--only tugging during the daytime hours with nights off, and keeping tensions low (1lb or less). One of the early restorers finished in 18 months that way. In a few months I ought to get an indication if that is the better way.
fish tacos is offline  

Tags
dtr, foreskin, restoration

Thread Tools



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:29 PM.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Blogs

On Cam Now
arcticpenis, awjack87, bigcock&titluvr, firedick, gdonthegreat, hptampa1, j181, jamesdeann, rawk_hawk, sierra_play, TallAussieHunk, woco65

Please read the rules.

Online: 2167 | Chatting: 60

Sponsors

Copyright 1999 - 2014 lpsg.com. All rights reserved