Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I really want to go to a XXX store and get something I have wanted for awhile, but something just keeps me from going. I have wanted to go for quite some time and there is a really good one in Downtown Denver I want to go to. I am too nervous or something, I don't know from actually going in one. Was anyone else nervous going into an XXX shop and then realize it's just fine? What are the type of people who work in one too? I keep thinking I would run into someone I know in there or the people who work there would raise an eyebrow when they see what I am buying. Haha...I am probably paranoid but I assume a lot of you have been in a XXX store. How are they?:biggrin1:

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Its like going to a convenience store except you tend to browse for long periods of time.

The workers are the same type you would find in a convenience store, albeit with several more tattoos and more creative hairdo's.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
For starters, if you ran into someone you knew, they'd probably be just as uncomfortable as you! lol.

I used to work at an XXX store, and I can promise you that it will be just like shopping at a Walmart or something in terms of normalcy. It'll only be weird if you make it that way. The clerks have seen it all before, I can promise you that. And I bet no matter what you buy, they've seen weirder. This is what they do day in, day out. Nothing you do or say could shock them. And the people that work there are just... people. People making a living. They're generally not unprofessional sleazebags or anything. Just go in one and see for yourself already!

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
OK I guess the only thing different than shopping someplace else, is when they announce "We need a clean up on aisle three" it's just a tad different!:wink:

lovelylady85

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lol I was never nervous about going into an adult store. I went to one on the exact day that I turned 18 years old. Who cares what anyone else thinks? They are just like any other store and the employees are really friendly and helpful.

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was 16 (look a older) in Sparks,NV. I was shaking but it was so hot. Did not have enough nerve to go to the arcade but I did walk around and look at all the magazines. I told the guy at work, he wants go in but couldn't because he looks very young next to me. I went back many times and did make it to the arcade and have a fun time.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
20 yr ago, when I turned 21, I had the experience of venturing into an adult store, and at 1st, found myself amazed, as well as a little self conscious at 1st, then asked for ID(Well, I really didn't look 21 to be quite honest)! Then I made my rounds to the various videos, stood in amazement at the variety of "toys" for women, and eventually found the magazines. Then, I ponied up a few bucks change and decided to experience the private booths.

Nothing really to tell, just go in not ashamed over what you're doing, the hell with other's view/gawks/opinions. And don't make a pest of yourself either- nine times out of ten they'll boot you out cuz of it.

'Nuff said.

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Just suck it up and go buy your dildo and buttplug. If you think someone you know is gonna see you there, Who cares. ??? You'd both be in the sameboat, and therefore you can go into the peep booth with them and give ema blow job. Its a win-win !!!

mattbuddy

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I kind of forgot to write back on this thread. I went in back in January 2009 when I actually started it and just found it and left. Nothing bad at all. The girl working there seemed completely out of it, so it was easy.

DGirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I like to DRAG hubby in those because the guys get all FREAKED out when they see a GIRL shopping in their!!!!!!!!

HA HA!!

You guys are way TOO easy to get at in their..
They always go to the next alse or just LEAVE when they see me!!

Same thing, everyone I been at.
I like to look at the guy and smile if they get ANY nerve to look at me.
MAKES em RUN faster!! :biggrin1:

scottredleter

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Don't worry about it... they're fun places to explore. but If you can't bring yourself to go in, go online... I know the Crypt is in Denver and online. Sales people are sales people... they want to sell you stuff and will be happy to help you with any questions you have.
I used to work in a sex shop and it felt a little like being a sex counselor. I've had every question imaginable and was happy to help them all when I could. One guy came in once and looked so confused. It turned out that he and his wife wanted to try anal, but he was way too big. I showed him around some of the smaller dildoes and talked to him about lube and maybe starting with his fingers, etc... I felt really good to help them and so will everyone in the store you go to.
One thing, try to find one that is really for the toys and not just an place with endless booths, etc... They will probably be on commission and thus more professional. Good luck.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Ive never been in the peep booths.
What's the ettiquite?

I went in to one here in Mid-MI at one time. Never watched the movies.
I was with a straight friend. He walked in, and slipped and fell on the floor.

Oops.. somebody didn't use the towels.

it's all good. some are just for movies, some have guys hanging out looking for cock. i have never found one with a "glory hole" though. i have been in them in Florida, Texas, New Mexico and New Jersey.