Allergic reaction/skin rash & burning from contact with my semen?

zaza

Experimental Member
Media
natrl said:
I hate doctors. If anyone has any ideas what exactly a doctor might be able to do that I can't already do myself, then fine - I'll head right in. As it is, he's gonna ask me about my diet, test the ph of my sperm, tell me that it's healthy and to avoid leaving the sperm in contact with my skin. Why pay $300 for that? The pH test strips cost me $4.50 for Qty. 50. The diet changes I'm willing to try again, also at a cost of zero.

If there is some test I can't do myself or some treatment routine that requires a prescription, okay fine. But I'm not aware of anything available, none of the two doctors I have been to are aware of any additional information, and I don't have the health insurance, the time, or the @#%@% patience to run from moron doctor to moron doctor. 99% chance they will prescribe me antibiotics "just in case" and consider themselves rid of me. Screw that crap. My goodness modern medicine is MESSED UP!

Perhaps you are right, then again you could end up messing about with you diet and testing your semen with no effect. As already mentioned you need to go to the right doctor, and go with all the information you can. So keep good records of what you are doing with your diet etc.

I thought it would have been easier to get the right doctor in a private system, unlike in the NHS system we have here in the UK. Shows how wrong you can be.

natrl

Just Browsing
Media
baseball99 said:
you should see a doctor who is specialized somewhere in that area.....going to a GP in this case would be pointless. Why would a doctor prescribe you an antibiotic? Well I can think of a few bacterium that like to increase the pH of things. Do you have a lot of allergies? Eczema or psoriasis? I can also think of certain blood conditions that like to cause histamine release with an increase in temperature.....do you ever itch when you get out of the shower? Most people dont go to the doctor to rule out the simple things.....

Why an antibiotic? Because that's what they prescribe for everything around here. For a "low grade infection, just to be safe" - i.e., for no purpose other than to have claimed they did something.

This page here:

http://www.andrologyjournal.org/cgi/content/full/23/3/330

says that elevated pH levels are sometimes caused by a bacterial infection or other chronic infection of the prostate, etc. I don't think this is my case, as I feel fine and don't experience any pain or tenderness in my groin or prostate - and I happily massage it with my fingers or a toy for sexual enjoyment on a fairly regular basis. Seems pretty healthy and erogenous to me. :)

I also happen to have a bit of a sore throat right now, actually a fairly bad one. This week the burning is particularly bad, worse than usual - bad enough to stop me from masturbating, nevermind intercourse. Perhaps it could be related, but, since this is an on-going issue, addressing the sore throat is simply a distraction from resolving the overall issue.

Yes, I have a lot of allergies, especially food allergies. I am allergic to wheat, dairy, and citrus. It was suggested by a naturopathic doctor (and someone who I believe may actually be certifiably insane - perhaps making his diagnosis more accurate or completely useless) that I have a yeast overgrowth called "Candida Albicans". (more information here: http://www.bellnet.de/candida/description.htm).

I have done his program to solve this, which in addition to not eating alcohol, wheat, sugar dairy, or citrus included not eating anything fermented, or with yeast, or with fungus. He also had me on "Formula SF-722", which is 10 Undecenoic acid, derived from castor bean oil. (more information here: http://www.modernherbalist.com/products/sf-722.html). This program did not make me worse, but it didn't seem to have any particular effect either and it certainly was a pain in the ass. While I continue to not eat wheat, sugar, citrus, or dairy do the the allergy I do occasionally eat mushrooms, mustard, and other fermented/fungus foods.

As far as I am aware (and after reading their descriptions) I do not appear to have Eczema or psoriasis.

I don't seem to itch when I get out of the shower, but I sure as hell do when I get out of the spa. I do test the spa regularly and it is a bromine rather than chlorine spa and the levels are usually within their proper ranges. I used to have more trouble with skin issues in the shower/deodorant, going back many, many years. I resolved them by finding that one brand of soap and that one brand of deodorant that does not cause a rash, itching, or dry skin. It has been ten years since I had problems related to deodorant or soap, but for all this time I have been exclusively using Dove unscented soap and Degree Regular Sport deodorant (which has now been discontinued! Which of course puts me in a panic and once I run out of the case I current have (I buy it in bulk online) I'll be in a real jam. I'm not looking forward to the painful and frustrating process of trying different brands and finding out if they cause me to light up. yay.).

I haven't done a lot of research on blood conditions, I'm trying to figure out my blood type (see? now THERE is something to go to a doctor for, lol). I have all my yearly physicals going back four years (and all say "yay! clean bill of health, including all stds), but none of them, despite full blood work, seem to show my blood type. Do you have any particular advice on where to start research?

Yes, I'm a mess. My body is seriously out of whack and I'm sick of it. I eat very healthy and excercise regularly, it's just not doing the trick. I commonly am either dead tired/lethargic or hyper and bouncing off the walls. Sick of the extremes. Doctor after doctor after doctor has not been able to resolve this for me, I'm in an oppinion of "fuck them all" at this point. I think that all these issues are related and sincerely feel that if I got my diet shit straightened out my semen shit would get straightened out and my energy shit would get straightened out. I am seeing a new nutritionalist and chinese medicine doctor right now (yes, I have gone through the mainstream "western" medicine, useless, it's time to try something different). While not specific to my semen issue, she does expect to be able to help with the other issues. So far, however, it has made things worse (the sore throat from the herbs she gave me) and has caused my energy and emotional state to fluxuate to even more extremes.

Sigh. </rant>

Thanks for the assistance.

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i asked about allergies bc someone who gets a lot of allergies becomes predisposed to other conditions. If you have a urease-producing bacterial infection which will increase the pH you need an antibiotic.....changing your diet will be useless. Now, the infection would be uncommon but still a possibility.
You also said you are allergic to wheat? Is that diagnosed or did someone just tell you that? If you are there is a special diet you need to follow......
I asked about the itching coming out of the shower bc certain blood disorders (again unlikely) present with that
If you have a sore throat you need to see a doctor in case its strep.....not treating strep throat gives the possibility of developing rheumatic fever, which believe me you dont want.
Your body might be a mess right now but you need to see the right doctors. I'm not a fan of naturopathy.....not bc i dont think they're intelligent bc i know some good ones but because there are too many that arent good.
I know you dont have insurance so its tough but if i was your GP and you came to me, I would refer you out probably to a urologist, GI doctor, and endocrinologist. However, I'm not a GP so i'm hesitant about offering even the slightest advice.....i just hate to see you suffering from something i think could be relatively easy to treat

natrl

Just Browsing
Media
Update:

So the ph of my semen is around 8.2-8.6.

Higher than the official charts say it should be, but then again, some seem to say that the official charts are a bunch of crap and should be ignored.

natrl

MattMatt

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It sounds like a yeast infection. men generally dont deal with this allot, but those are the symptoms burning itching etc.
yeast infections are common and harmless unless its an elevated one which qualifies as an STD.

You can catch a yeast infection and get rid of it repeatedly from your parter, give it to them, get it back etc etc.

You can have some symptoms and not others, or some symptoms sometimes and not noticably other times.

Simple test... give up all sugar and alcohol for at least a week.. and the end of that week see if its any better.

Mention it as a possible cause to your doctor. I know if its not treated right, you can have reoccurences fore ever, especially if your with a constant partner.

If it turns out to be this in fact... google up "yeast infections" though you will get female results. It will b e informative.

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
MattMatt said:
It sounds like a yeast infection. men generally dont deal with this allot, but those are the symptoms burning itching etc.
yeast infections are common and harmless unless its an elevated one which qualifies as an STD.

You can catch a yeast infection and get rid of it repeatedly from your parter, give it to them, get it back etc etc.

You can have some symptoms and not others, or some symptoms sometimes and not noticably other times.

Simple test... give up all sugar and alcohol for at least a week.. and the end of that week see if its any better.

Mention it as a possible cause to your doctor. I know if its not treated right, you can have reoccurences fore ever, especially if your with a constant partner.

If it turns out to be this in fact... google up "yeast infections" though you will get female results. It will b e informative.

reducing sugar and alcohol usually work better for "internal" yeast infections such as in the vagina, not on the skin

Mumzi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
baseball99 said:
you should see a doctor who is specialized somewhere in that area.....going to a GP in this case would be pointless. Why would a doctor prescribe you an antibiotic? Well I can think of a few bacterium that like to increase the pH of things. Do you have a lot of allergies? Eczema or psoriasis? I can also think of certain blood conditions that like to cause histamine release with an increase in temperature.....do you ever itch when you get out of the shower? Most people dont go to the doctor to rule out the simple things.....

It is not just him, it is also his partners that are having a reaction.
Four of them. This does not seem like a problem with his skin, but his seminal fluid. What could cause such a reaction with him and his partners?

From wikipedia:
Prostatic secretions vary between species. They are generally composed of simple sugars, and are often slightly basic. In human prostatic secretions, the protein content is less than 1% and includes proteolytic enzymes, acid phosphatase, and prostate-specific antigen. The secretions also contain zinc and citric acid.

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Mumzi said:
It is not just him, it is also his partners that are having a reaction.
Four of them. This does not seem like a problem with his skin, but his seminal fluid. What could cause such a reaction with him and his partners?

From wikipedia:
Prostatic secretions vary between species. They are generally composed of simple sugars, and are often slightly basic. In human prostatic secretions, the protein content is less than 1% and includes proteolytic enzymes, acid phosphatase, and prostate-specific antigen. The secretions also contain zinc and citric acid.

i probably didnt read the post close enough at all.....kinda reminds me of Alien, where their blood burns everything

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Hmm, this IS a fascinating one. I have a friend with the same issue, but additionally, he's also "allergic" to anyone else's sperm on him too. Looking forward to following this one. Although, baseball99 suddenly has me concerned about the "rash" I always get when coming out of the shower. :eek:

MattMatt

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
baseball99 said:
reducing sugar and alcohol usually work better for "internal" yeast infections such as in the vagina, not on the skin

I should have read more carefully I guess, I didnt realise that he was also allergic to other's sperm.

however, reducing sugar intake will prove a result if it is yeast/fungal related. it doesnt matter whether youre a guy or a girl

People who are allergic to fungi ( yeast, mushrooms, mold etc) all find that reducing sugar intake reduces the symptoms. if you want to google that you'd search for "mold allergy or mould allergy. Its a sign.

Because of the hurricanes and horrible weather the states has had this last year or so I hope that more mold allergy info will be made available. Black mold in houses are a hot debate in the medical community and they insist it cannot harm you in any way nor can you get a systemic mold infection. This is all being proved wrong little by little but Im waiting for the real headlines to hit as now people are back in their flood damaged homes. The real estate business however has already made new laws in the states.

Mold , fungi, and yeast are all the same family. A family of infections that doctors deem unprovable, and claiming they are only allergies.

MattMatt

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Mold , fungi, and yeast are all the same family. A family of infections that doctors deem unprovable, and claiming they are only allergies.

Sorry,
Should have said ...systemic yeast and mold infections are only recognised as allergies, by doctors.

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
MattMatt said:

Sorry,
Should have said ...systemic yeast and mold infections are only recognised as allergies, by doctors.

I cant follow what youre trying to say? Pretty much anything can give someone an allergy......
if someone has a systemic yeast or mold infection, that means the organism is actually alive and living in their blood and the immune system is overwhelmed.....someone in those circumstances is usually immunocompromised or immunosuppressed.....very rarely do people with healthy immune systems get disseminated yeast or mold infections

theyre deemed allergies bc the bodies response is an immune response against allergens. a persons IgE level is highly elevated and specific things occur during an immune response.

i really dont think i was following what you were saying. Also, allergies are usually treated with simple antihistamines or epinephrine if severe, whereas disseminated yeast or fungi is treated with some serious drugs, mainly intravenous amphotericine B.....which has the nickname amphoterrible because of the side effects

iowa_big_one

Just Browsing
Media
This whole blog is interesting to me... As I am having the same issue. Have been to a GP, and next week will go to a urologist. My issue began with a urinary tract infection and then a yeast infection. I am circumcised, but am "loose." I went to the doctor after swelling was so uncomfortable. In a flaccid stage I was 12 inches x 8 inches, and normally erect I am 8 and a half inches x 5 and a half.

I was placed on two drugs: metronidazole and nystatin cream. After 7 days, all had returned to normal. It had been 10 days since I last busted a nut and I needed to badly. Immediately after releasing.... burning sensation came back, the semen absolutely burning, red, irritated penis head and swelling has begun again. What is this? I've never had this before??

iowa_big_one

Just Browsing
Media
GP called.. all lab results are normal, blood, urine and culture only shows a slight infection... but stated the outward skin reaction would make them think there is more of an issue. Can't wait to get to the urologist!!! Absolutely will not bust a nut until I know what is going on...

well not to be a dick but my semen never causes irritation or burning. when i was a young teen i'd jerk off and not clean up at all - never an issue. this is really interesting though, could be annoying for sure

gustavorofer

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Update:

So the ph of my semen is around 8.2-8.6.

Higher than the official charts say it should be, but then again, some seem to say that the official charts are a bunch of crap and should be ignored.

natrl

Isn't the semen pH meant to be around 8.1-8.4 (I'm using wikipedia for that info, leave me alone if it's wrong)? That's not MUCH higher, seeing as in the lower end yours actually fit in the "normal" range, and in the higher end it doesn't seem to be SO MUCH higher.

I'm no doctor, but I don't think it is your semen's pH, based on what you just said. It's a really intriguing thing. Hope you work that out.