Any advice for me in a first time gay experience?

BigPackage

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm going to visit an e-mail friend I've known for 10 years for the first time tomorrow. He's gay and has gay friends and the pubs they go to have a large gay crowd. I've never had any gay experiences but want to try it out after suppressing it for so long. I doubt whether I'll do any gay sex but am up for kissing and maybe, possibly, a mutual BJ at most. Any advice for me? Things to look out for/be careful about etc? I am a bit nervous and worried about it I must admit. It may seem very naive but what's the chances of getting an STD from a gay guy from kissing or BJs?

crescendo69

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The chances are small with kissing and BJ's. If you have open mouth sores, you may want to refrain from suckng, as the hiv virus can enter more easily. Also, don't brush your teeth right before sucking, as this tends to open up little holes.

Others here tend to disagree on the dangers of different activities. I am just repeating what I heard at the health department.

Is this where I say, "Relax and have fun"?:rolleyes:

EdWoody

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The chances are small with kissing and BJ's. If you have open mouth sores, you may want to refrain from suckng, as the hiv virus can enter more easily. Also, don't brush your teeth right before sucking, as this tends to open up little holes.

Correct.

Also, where do you get the idea that mutual blowjobs are not "gay sex" ? Anything sexual two men do together is gay sex. It doesn't have to include buttfucking - which is something you should remember. You don't have to fuck or get fucked to enjoy sex with a man.

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
I need to make a correction here. What has been said so far is absolutely accurate when it comes to HIV. Some forms of Hepatitis and Mononeucleosis can easily be transmitted by any exchange of saliva.

Now, that being said, simply take it slow and use good judgment. If the person you find moves too quickly for you then you need to take some initiative and slow it down a wee bit.

Slow it down is not rejection it simply means slow it down. . . .

Any form of sex with a member of the same sex is gay sex just for the sake of clarity. Mutual wanks are gay sex, and are just as gay as plowing some guy or being plowed yourself.

The idea is slow and easy and allow yourself time to become aroused in the right way. Quick meaningless sex is fun, but taking it slow and prolonging what you do is a thousand times better.

Good Luck,

blooeyz

Sexy Member
Media
Los Angeles, California, United States of America
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
get to know the person before you take any risks
use a condom even for blow jobs until you really know the person, you can catch herpes, HPV or molluscum from skin on skin contact (frotting)
any body fluid exchange has risk for transmission of disease, don't believe anyone who tell you differently

B_HeartsAfire

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If you are worried about HIV as you should be, just get sucked as it is easier to get HIV from sucking someone than from being sucked. You can always use a condom for giving/getting oral sex if you are nervous about the person or want to be safe.

UpwardCurve

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's impossible to get an STD from kissing, this isn't the 1950's anymore, that's completely debunked.

I don't want to sound like a huge alarmist here, but I was watching a special on ABC news about the oral form of HPV, and the girl in the special developed oral cancer because of it. They listed kissing as a possible means of transmission (however, i believe she contracted hers from oral sex). HPV is one of the most common STD's out there, so something to keep in mind. Again, I am no expert on the subject, and i am just relating to what i have been hearing.

BigPackage

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well I've just come back and it was pretty awesome! Went to a gay bar but it was not predatory or guys dressed up as women at all. It was just men talking to each other and having a dance. I did get some luck - two guys brought their friend over as he really fancied me so we chatted and then he asked if he could kiss me (I'd had a few by then) so I said yes and we did. It felt so good and right. And he said I was a good kisser, result! He was such a nice guy and so straight acting it's not funny. Really genuine guy and said he'd like to see me again.
Also I was completely besotted with the barman who is gorgeous! I asked my friend to tell him I felt that way and so the barman gave me his number (although he hasn't replied to my text message yet. Hope he will). I told him he was gorgeous, he said I had really nice eyes and kissed me across the bar! What a night!

BigPackage

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Oh really? :frown1:

No-one else was chatting him up though my friend said that everyone else probably thought he would be out of their league... apart from me on my first gay experience went straight for the gorgeous hunk! I texted him saying I'd like to meet a good 9 hours ago and no reply. I guess he can't be that interested then though you could have fooled me last night :frown1:

EdWoody

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Don't be too disheartened. The thing is, that bartenders are in a high visibility position. They probably get hit on by everybody, especially if they're gorgoeus. Doesn't mean he doesn't like you. He might have just been being nice to you, as a nervous noob who clearly needed some confidence boosting. I'd say it worked. Just don't expect a long-term love affair to come out of your very first night in a gay bar.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Enjoy the experience .. Good or Not so Good
Keep an open mind .. be willing to return
In other words consider going back for more
No matter what .. its not going to be the end of the world'
Indeed it could open up a whole New one .. for you
Best of luck'
enz