Are Amish males circumsized?

swimmersox

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
The Amish are pretty tidy farmers, but of course they spill their seed, just like the rest of us....
.... though maybe not quite as often, what with all that handy livestock around all the time ...

jonboy53

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
First, circumsized is spelled circumcised. Second, circumcision is not just for Jews and Moslems. But Christianity also. (Yes, Jesus was a Jew and he and the disciples and the Apostle Paul were all circumcised [religion]). But now there is another reason for circumcision. It belongs not to religion alone but to medical-science. Up to date Mormons and Amish are circumcised especially for those who are going to college and are driving in cars or send e-mails.

JTalbain

Experimental Member
Media
First, circumsized is spelled circumcised. Second, circumcision is not just for Jews and Moslems. But Christianity also. (Yes, Jesus was a Jew and he and the disciples and the Apostle Paul were all circumcised [religion]).
First off, word from Apostle Peter on the subject: Galatians 6:15,16, “For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature (or, `creation’).”
Second: At least for Catholicism in Christianity, circumcision was deemed a mortal sin at the Eccumenical Council of Florence. This ruling has never been reversed. Council of Florence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But now there is another reason for circumcision. It belongs not to religion alone but to medical-science. Up to date Mormons and Amish are circumcised especially for those who are going to college and are driving in cars or send e-mails.
I have never seen any statistics supporting that, and lots of evidence saying they don't do it. Then again, if they're driving cars, they're not very devout Amish men, are they?

B_mature54

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
What does driving and going to college have to do with it?

Circumcision is not required in Christianity as in Islam or for the Jews. It is often sited as a reason because Jesus was but he was a Jew and fulfilled the law. For Christians, after the advent of Christ, there is no requirement for circumcision.

S

SirConcis

Do the average amish boys go to normal schools and have contacts with white men ? Or do the amish have their own schools ?

If an amish goes toa white wchool with electricity etc, it is more likely his parents are more tolerant of technology and gave birth in a hospital.

I suspect that the more "amish" amish would tend to have home births and leave sons uncut.

Snozzle

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
...Mormons ... are circumcised ....
Listen to the words of Christ, your Redeemer, your Lord, and your God.
Behold, I came into the world not to call the righteous but sinners to repentance; the whole need no physician, but they that are sick; wherefore, little children are whole, for they are not capable of committing sin; wherefore the curse of Adam is taken from them in me, that it hath no power over them; and the law of circumcision is done away in me.
Moroni 8: 8