Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
{snip} Really though, please elaborate some, and try to be specific and objective. Why am I a homophobe?

Sometimes intentions are misunderstood in text, and mine certainly is not to offend or piss you off :smile:

I didn't say you were. I said that people were getting that impression. I mean look at the responses that you are having to defend yourself against.

I believe it was this post (#7)

"As an actual straight guy, I can tell you that you don't know what you're talking about. If I have made it clear that I am straight, and someone I know tries to "turn me" by offering me a blowjob, I am certainly not going to be happy. Either they are accusing me of being a liar or a closet case, or they are trying to take advantage of me because I'm vulnerable for some reason. That is rude, wrong, and would not result in a healthy relationship, if any, from that point on.

You think if he's polite about it, I'm just going to say "No, but gee whiz, thank you kindly for the offer! Want to go hit the courts for a friendly game of one on one?" "

No one had indicated that "his friend" had already turned him down, or made it clear that he wasn't interested. The reaction of getting pissed, and not being able to say "No thanks, let's hit the courts" (shortened version :wink:) is unfortunately an example of all to familiar homophobic tendancies.

Again, realizing this is text with no voice tones :smile:, I want to clarify that I am NOT trying to accuse you of anything, but rather present it in a fashion that you might be able to see where some of the hostility is coming from.

Misunderstandings are usually just that...misunderstood :wink:

alwaysguessing

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thank you CG, I know you are right. I'm glad to know though, at least you are not accusing me.

Again, I guess I could be misinterpreting the whole point of the thread, but it seems to me that this "straight guy" is being presented as not interested. And I don't just mean not interested in the OP, but in men. However, the hope is that maybe he will let the OP blow him anyway. As to why he might go along with it, and what the potential consequences might be, I'd rather not discuss today.

Frankly, I would not be okay with it, but it has nothing to do with homosexuality. It has to do with disrespect and lack of boundaries as a friend. There's another thread in which women are agreeing how shitty it would come across, if a male friend of theirs tried to have sex with them. No one is jumping down their throats or calling them names. I fail to see how this situation calls for a different reaction, unless people would like to say it's because the OP is gay. Anyone who feels that way is a bigot. And yes, gay people can be bigots too.

Last edited:

BigInBellevue

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Suppose you are very close to a young man, and you know from intimate discussions that he has not gotten any for a few years. I would not want to "turn" him. I would only consider that some of the greatest sex I have had was from a man worshipping my penis. And I would like for him to experience that high degree of pleasure. I would probably feel uncomfortable exposing myself to him. And of course because of the reaction to my proposition, it could even alter our close relationship. So it is unlikely I will broach the subject - unless in the course of conversation I get some slight notion that he would not object. Even then it would be touchy.

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
YOU are a really stupid and disgusting analogy.

:chairshot:

Well as a long time member of this "support group", all I know is that I wouldn't want you for a friend. To me you have a rude and dismissive way about you. There are other "100% straight" guys on this site who are aware, sensitive and at least compassionate. I don't think your issue is about the topic. I think it's about what kind of person you are. :mad: Before you start making a bunch of comments on this site, why not see what kind of community this is.

Last edited:

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Frankly, I would not be okay with it, but it has nothing to do with homosexuality. It has to do with disrespect and lack of boundaries as a friend.

I agree.

I don't really understand why these gay men have to have a straight guy. But I respect that. I am happy that I don't have that urge though.

Maybe somehow, someway---gay men these days feel that it is cool to desire sex from straight men. Maybe it is a trendy thing to do. Who knows.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight

I don't really understand why these gay men have to have a straight guy.
People always ask this. The answer is pretty easy.

First off, only 3 or 4 percent of the population are exclusively homosexual. So it's a numbers thing. Your chance of finding a compatible partner is much lower than in the heterosexual world.

Second, about 10 percent of the population has done something sexual with someone of the same sex at some time in their life. So there's a 6 or 7 percent discrepancy.

Third, unlike on LPSG, in real life, people don't go around with profiles that mark out their sexual orientation in percentages -- which even around here often don't tell the whole story.

People are complicated man!

alwaysguessing

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Maybe somehow, someway---gay men these days feel that it is cool to desire sex from straight men. Maybe it is a trendy thing to do. Who knows.

I bet many see it as a conquest. Though some might simply be attracted and smitten by a particular straight male in their life, and simply want to get close to them.

Well as a long time member of this "support group", all I know is that I wouldn't want you for a friend. To me you have a rude and dismissive way about you. There are other "100% straight" guys on this site who are aware, sensitive and at least compassionate. I don't think your issue is about the topic. I think it's about what kind of person you are. :mad: Before you start making a bunch of comments on this site, why not see what kind of community this is.

Though I disagree with you, I accept that you have an unfavorable opinion of me. And I am perfectly content to not have you as a friend.

So, I can see how I come across as insensitive, because this is the internet, not real life, and I'm not exactly trying here (most of the time). However, please explain how I am not aware or compassionate. I am aware that gay men may find me attractive. I am not compassionate to their need to openly express a desire to suck my dick, even if I am clearly not interested.

This is how I'm imaging the situation with a gay friend of mine:

"So, Tom, I know it's never come up before, but I want to be upfront and honest with you, and tell you that I've always found you attractive. Though you've never told me you were gay, I just didn't want to let the opportunity pass without ever expressing my true feelings. I hope my admission does not affect our relationship as friends."

"Gee, Bob, I'm flattered that you think so highly of me. However the simple fact of the matter is that I am straight. On top of that, you know I have a girlfriend to whom I am deeply devoted. In any case, of course we can still be friends, if you would like."

"OK... so, can I just suck your dick anyway? You can close your eyes and think about your girlfriend if you want. I just want to taste your cum!!!"

"GTFO!!!" :mad:

End of story.

Last edited:

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
"GTFO!!!" :mad:

End of story.
The way I see it if you are a confident straight man, you just don't care. So there is no reason to be angry or reactive.

Of course if someone is annoyingly persistent in any request you don't care to entertain, eventually you won't associate with that person. End of story.

alwaysguessing

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
First off, only 3 or 4 percent of the population are exclusively homosexual. So it's a numbers thing. Your chance of finding a compatible partner is much lower than in the heterosexual world.

And yet, according to the following explanation, gay men have a better chance of getting laid than straight men!

Throw me in the bi category along with every straight guy who ever got a single male bj. That'll make the male population half-bisexual with straights in #2 position and gays a tiny minority.

alwaysguessing

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The way I see it if you are a confident straight man, you just don't care. So there is no reason to be angry or reactive.

You are wrong. Just because you would be okay with such an inappropriate and vulgar overstep of a personal relationship, does not mean that I have to be okay with it too. Open your eyes man. Everyone is different in this world.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I agree.

I don't really understand why these gay men have to have a straight guy.

People always ask this. The answer is pretty easy.

So, because of these low percentages...as a gay man...I have to jones a straight guy?

Second, about 10 percent of the population has done something sexual with someone of the same sex at some time in their life. So there's a 6 or 7 percent discrepancy.

I am not out here sexperimenting.

Third, unlike on LPSG, in real life, people don't go around with profiles that mark out their sexual orientation in percentages -- which even around here often don't tell the whole story.

Well, I wouldn't mind men being honest about their sexuality. I probably would understand...but then again...people don't really understand their sexual feelings enough to understand themselves. I guess that some men aren't intune with themselves. I am not complicated. I can tell you what I like. I can tell you what I don't like. If I don't understand, I can ask questions.
People are complicated man!

OH, I TOTALLY AGREE. :smile:

Yeah, I can admire a really hot man--no matter the orientation. Because I find him hot, that doesn't mean that I am entitled to him and I am going to pursue him. But if he ever utters "I'M STRAIGHT." "I have a wifey and kids." " I have a girlfriend." I am no longer interested.

I can respect that guy's sexuality. I am not going to make the man feel uncomfortable about it. It is just my sexuality...my sexual feelings getting the best of me.

I just put myself where there are more hot gay guys. :smile: I only want one. I am not greedy at all.

alwaysguessing

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
True, everyone is different. Not everyone is confident.

Oh, brother. So now I'm a closet case, is that it? I'm amazed at how intolerant some people that preach about intolerance can be.

Hows about if I go up to a woman in a bar and ask to lick her pussy? She should politely say no, thank you. Correct? If she slaps me then she is either a feminist bitch, or a closet nympho!