Aussie Guys & Circumcision

grandbanks

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The main reason circumcision rates have dropped almost to 0 is that it has been
banned in all public hospitals in Australia , the medical association after many
years of research believe there is no cause for circumcision, new research now
offers no benifit of reduced STI's or STD's or Aids or Cancers.
The main reason circumcision is still performed in private hospitals is on the
grounds of religion or want their son to look like dad.

The reduction really took hold here in the early 80's.

From someone who is 45 and was the only one is school or family to be left natural
you were made to feel different so tried to fit in to conformity by always
pulling your foreskin back to look "normal" , different these days where
guys are proud to be intact.

gettingonwithit

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
From someone who is 45 and was the only one is school or family to be left natural

As a 36yo from an uncut family my first school contained mostly cut guys so I'd pull my skin back too so as not to be different. When I changed schools most guys were uncut so didn't feel as unconformable in the showers, but still about 50-50 my age group then that I knew of.

D

deleted23084

The main reason circumcision rates have dropped almost to 0 is that it has been
banned in all public hospitals in Australia , the medical association after many
years of research believe there is no cause for circumcision, new research now
offers no benifit of reduced STI's or STD's or Aids or Cancers.
The main reason circumcision is still performed in private hospitals is on the
grounds of religion or want their son to look like dad.

The reduction really took hold here in the early 80's.

Similar age here. Pretty much everyone I saw growing up was cut. I remember the surprise at a camp and one of our mates was uncut. He copped a bit for it, everyone else was circumcised, but he was very proud and I guess it wasn't until a bit later we all found out what happened to ours.

spc82

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Was taking a piss at the pub tonight. Couple of blokes in their 20s next to me. Both were cut. You never can tell.

Are you sure they didn't just have their foreskins pulled back?
I knew a cut guy who literally thought tons of guys were cut because of this. They weren't, I knew them.

spc82

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
When I was in Australia, it seemed like guys around my age, 20's, were circumcised if they were mainly upper-middle-upper class suburban and many urban, and country guys. The uncut ones were mainly first generation Aussies, children of immigrants and immigrants themselves! At least that's what I could tell! Hottest guy I was with was an Italo-Aussie who had beautiful blue eyes, amazing body and beautiful face, played rugby and surfed and had the biggest CUT cock I saw in the island! What a perfect man...and then that accent! :) this was in Sydney, we fucked like there was no tomorrow, I was 22 and he was 19! Great times, looking to go back!

Well, I'm from Australia, and lived in many parts of the country. Openly gay and pretty sl***y, I think your estimates are way out. It is something like 80% uncut for those born after 1980. Born in the 1970s 60-65% uncut. Also actual statistics verify this anyway.

Of my group of friends in high school (about 15 guys, 10 girls) only 2 were cut, all other guys uncut. We talked about it sometimes, with the girls too!

My boyfriend and I are both uncut too btw!

QANDA

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well, I'm from Australia, and lived in many parts of the country. Openly gay and pretty sl***y, I think your estimates are way out. It is something like 80% uncut for those born after 1980. Born in the 1970s 60-65% uncut. Also actual statistics verify this anyway.

Of my group of friends in high school (about 15 guys, 10 girls) only 2 were cut, all other guys uncut. We talked about it sometimes, with the girls too!

My boyfriend and I are both uncut too btw!

I think for guys aged 35+, it's people from non Anglo-Saxon parents and British immigrants that are likely to be uncut. The Aussie Anglos were more likely to cut their kids. Hospitals stopped proactively doing it in the early 1970s, but did so on request and having been told for decades it was a good thing, Aussie Anglos requested it.

However in 1983 policy changed and doctors begun to discourage circumcision, from that point on the more wealthy urban Aussie Anglos pretty much dropped the practice. That trend was slower with poorer Aussie Anglos and in the country. It's definitely become a bogan thing now.

S

SirConcis

Once read interesting article on subject.
RIC started suddently and ramp]ed up quickly due to doctor recommendations to reach nearly 90% of boys born in AUstralia.
BUT... the actual rate in adult locker rooms necer exceeded roughly 60%.
As the RIC generation became adult, there was a period of large influx of uncircumcised european immigrants and their kids which kept the overall circ rate down even though 90% of those born in AUstralia were done. And as immigration started to go down, so did the RIC rate so the reduction of immigrant foreskins was replaced by increase of aussi foreskins.

I suspect the 1990s would have been first time when actual circ rates in lcoker rooms woudl have begun to drop due to lower RIC and rteduced immigration