Battlestar Galactica Season Finale (spoilers)

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What about the final fifth?

What about the rest of the Cylons?

What about the president dying before they reach Earth?

What about Starbuck finding Earth all pretty and green?

Is that really Earth?

That show was intense.

ccbottom

Just Browsing
Media
I know. I'm so hooked on this show!

People are saying that the city they saw at the end was New York and part of the ruins was the Brooklyn Bridge. I wonder if that was really our Earth. I'm wondering if maybe they will found another planet and call it "Earth." Or...? Who knows?

I just hope the human/Cylon truce lasts.

zumzum

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I'm hooked too, how many episodes to the end? have they screened the last episode five years ago?

please don't spoil me that episode!!

To stay in topic with this site:

Helo is one of the hottest guys on there, I've loved him since the beginning and wanked furiously thinking at him, even though he must have a really tiny willy :(

I've seen a vid cap from another series where he's in shorts, and practically, there's nothing there! =((((((((((

but he's fucking hot! ;))

zumzum

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
There's 10 more episodes, though the last episodes are both 2 hrs. Won't be airing until next year though. There's a spin-off that will launch next year too to keep us geeks in the pink.

ok so the 13th was the last one for the 4th season

did it last two hours?

wow! I'm already precumming!!!

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
What about Starbuck finding Earth all pretty and green?

Is that really Earth?

That show was intense.

I knew something like that was going to happen...we're only mid-season at this point. Way too much time left to start wrapping up the major story arcs yet.

I'm fairly certain that broken skyline was meant to evoke some metropolis, but I have no idea if it's supposed to be NYC literally or not.

As to the final skinjob, I have no idea. I prefer not to wrack my brain pondering such twists in fiction...it spoils the surprise in my own mind when I do. It's much more enjoyable for me to disengage and absorb the story as it unfolds.
Besides, I'd rather ponder the societal commentary being displayed by the show's slimiest douchebag also being the most successful pussyhound.

hotbtminla

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I haven't heard of a spin off.

Details, man. I need details!!!!

Caprica. It's shooting right now. I don't think it's gotten a pick-up yet, but I suspect it will. It's a prequel of sorts, takes place before the events of Galactica. I don't know a tremendous amount about it, but I was at a cocktail thing with the exec producer and some of the cast last week and Caprica came up in convo. Sounds interesting.

maestro071

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I liked Galactica very much... but watched only first two seasons... the first season was acctualy great...with all inovative new ideas that they introduced. Didn' have a clue that they have reached up to fifth ...

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I liked Galactica very much... but watched only first two seasons... the first season was acctualy great...with all inovative new ideas that they introduced. Didn' have a clue that they have reached up to fifth ...

They didn't. We're in the middle of the fourth (and final) season.

ccbottom

Just Browsing
Media
Supposedly there's going to be a TV movie a la "Razor" sometime later this year ("Caprica," I guess) but like an article said, we'll know who the next president of the US will be before we see another episode of BSG. Bummer.

Eric Stolz will be in the cast for "Caprica" which is pretty cool.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
To stay in topic with this site:

Helo is one of the hottest guys on there, I've loved him since the beginning and wanked furiously thinking at him, even though he must have a really tiny willy :(

Helo is the shit. I don't care about his willy size, thoguh I don't see why it would have to be tiny...

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

I'm fairly certain that broken skyline was meant to evoke some metropolis, but I have no idea if it's supposed to be NYC literally or not.

I really don't think it's a modern city. I personally don't think it's Earth. In the last season finale the final shot was of a big blue and green Earth. This time there was all kinds of cloud cover and no identifying landmarks.

That being said, we keep hearing "this has all happened before". Maybe Earth was annhilated and that's why people spread out into the galaxy in the first place.

hotbtminla

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Supposedly there's going to be a TV movie a la "Razor" sometime later this year ("Caprica," I guess) but like an article said, we'll know who the next president of the US will be before we see another episode of BSG. Bummer.

Eric Stolz will be in the cast for "Caprica" which is pretty cool.

The BSG folks I talked to were very "up" on it. Katee mentioned that the Capirca cast treats them like they're their parents, which is kinda cute. And funny considering she's in her late 20s.

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well, the soil is radio-active. Everything is charred and melted. I'm not sure that it's meant to be our Earth. If it is, it's quite a statement.

Think about it. These poor people and Cylons wander around the galaxy looking for the lost colony. Finally they find it. Only, it didn't take Cylons (non-humans) to nuke it. We on the lost colony did it to ourselves. It's rather poetic, actually. Humans destroy themselves with their own creations (terminatorish) on the 12 colonies and on the 13 they use weapons of their own creation that the Cylons used to destroy the 12 colonies to destroy their own planet to life.

However, I agree with Hazelgod. Something is going on. It's still mid-season. Perhaps it was a vision someone was having. Perhaps it's an old outpost (a 14th colony, if you will). Could it be Kobol? Is it a Cylon trick? Could it have been a Cylon planet destroyed by their own civil war?

And we still have the unresolved plot of the final revelation of the 5th Cylon. Wasn't that supposed to happen when they find Earth? It didn't happen yet, and from the looks of that planet it ain't happening on that planet, whatever it is.

I hope that "Caprica" is actually a good series and not at all like the first 3 "Star Wars" movies that were made at the beginning of this century. If that's an example of how shoddy prequels can be made then I hope the writers and actors of "Caprica" can avoid the mistakes that Lucas and Co. made in the Star Wars fanchise.

titan1968

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I was a big fan of the original series. Could someone tell what this series is about and how different is it from the original? Is the series set in the future (30th century) or the past? Thanks.

maestro071

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The Cylons were created by Man
The rebelled
They evolved
There are many copies
And they have a plan...

The Human Race
Far from Home
Fighting for survival....

Yes its placed far in future, the Cylons are human copies with possibilities of teleportation their mind in a moment of death (so, you really can't kill them,)...but also showing many human characteristics, sometimes more than human itself...
They are both in search for home - for the Earth...

hotbtminla

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
As a total aside...good god, how I'd love to fuck her in the mouth!

:biggrin1: She's a saucy bitch too (which I mean in the best possible way). Friend of mine asked them ('buck, Mme President & #6) if they've ever used "frack" in real life and Katee said "Not really, I like 'fuck' too much."

I found her refreshingly normal, and refreshingly normal-sized. Most actresses her age that I've met look alarmingly skinny in person, or otherwise unhealthy. She just looks like a normal (strikingly hot) woman. And she's a broad with a filthy sense of humor. What's not to love? :tongue:

hotbtminla

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I was a big fan of the original series. Could someone tell what this series is about and how different is it from the original? Is the series set in the future (30th century) or the past? Thanks.

Maestro gave a good overview above... I'll add that it is bar-none the most intelligently written television drama of the past five years IMO (and I'm not a sci-fi nut). It's an incredibly deep, dark and complex reflection of modern day sociology, theology and politics told through the lens of an action/thriller. The ensemble cast is first rate and the characters feel so real (including the Cylon "skin-jobs") that it amps up the audience's emotional investment in a way I can't recall science fiction ever pulling off so elegantly before.

Definitely worth picking up the DVDs and experiencing it for yourself. Though I should warn you most episodes contain at least one huge "holy shit" moment (months later I still talk about the 3rd season finale). So you'll probably lose some sleep watching a season straight-through. :cool: