Being Well Hung doing Yoga

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by shyguyftl, Mar 26, 2008.

1. shyguyftl

shyguyftl New Member

Ok, so last night I decided to take a yoga class at my local big chain gym (50,000 sq ft). I have never taken the class there. I've always gone to little intimate yoga studios or outdoors. This class was packed, almost 75 people in the big aerobics room. With the full florescent lights and mirrors on every wall. I took a spot up in the front corner to be able to watch the teacher easier.
    I always have worn the same type of outfit for yoga. T-shirt and either yoga sweatpants, or loose fitting shorts. If I wear either, I usually wear some tighter then normal boxer briefs to keep everything "contained".
    Last night I was wearing the sweat pants. If anyone has taken yoga before, you know what pose I am talking about. We were doing the bridge, on our shoulder blades on the floor with hips aimed up and lifted off the ground. That's when I noticed for the first time in the mirror, that I was projecting a huge bulge towards the sky. I had never noticed the pants did that without seeing the mirror reflection. From that pose I could not see anyone else in the class to see if anyone was noticing.
    Throughout the class I kept realizing in the mirror, I was being stared at from both guys and girls in the class every time we did a pose. I would like to think it was because they were following my example of the yoga pose, but based on where there eyes were looking, I seriously doubt it.
    And as always, when I get nervous from people looking, I start to get erect. I made it through 95 % of the class. But when the teacher asked the class to lay flat on there backs for final meditation, I realized I was to erect to lay down flat right now. So I quietly rolled up my mat and left the class.

Obviously, you would say, "don't worry about it", or "try loose pants". But not as easy to solve. I probably just wont go back to that class, but won't give up on yoga. Just funny how after all these years of taking yoga classes, I never noticed how much your package was showing during the poses. Very glad I never went to that nude yoga class years back...lol

Any other interesting yoga stories?

2. D_one and done

D_one and done New Member

:lmao: great story man. i dont do yoga so i have no stories

3. D_Gunther Snotpole

D_Gunther Snotpole Account Disabled

Why wouldn't slightly tighter shorts and looser sweat pants do the trick?

4. B_Demention

B_Demention New Member

Haha, nice. I've never done yoga but I used to have the same problem going swimming. It would always invariably be with some girl that I sort of liked. Those little goof-offs that you do together in the water would totally make me hard. The worst is when you pull yourself out of the pool because your shorts cling to your front like crazy - you can't hide a damn thing.

5. shyguyftl

shyguyftl New Member

Honestly I don't think it would. With some of those poses, you can't help but point your crotch out and up. Baggy sweats make it tough to do some of the poses.:wink:

6. auncut10in

auncut10in Active Member

Albums:
    in San Francisco until April, then back sailing in
    I never wear shorts because my dick will either fall out or people can see right up them. But long sweats are fine. It sounds like you are wearing appropriate clothes. Other than that, just quit looking in the mirror and concentrate on the poses.

7. D_Percival Pohquer

D_Percival Pohquer New Member

Nude yoga class? sounds ..... Awesome

8. arrivaderciroma

arrivaderciroma New Member

If I ever felt so self conscious I'd have no life. That's where you're headed if you don't get over yourself.

9. D_Gunther Snotpole

D_Gunther Snotpole Account Disabled

Well, I've done my share of yoga and I understand that the crotch does sometimes get pushed out a bit.
    But I don't see why baggy sweats, or just plain loose, sweats with shorts that hold your 'gift' reasonably tight, won't be fine.
    Howevuh, I will take your word for it, shyguyftl.
    In some ways, it must be a nice problem to have.:cool:

10. D_Takensomme Thistlewhistle

D_Takensomme Thistlewhistle Account Disabled

I do a lot of triathlon training and needless to say, triathlon spandex type clothing leaves very little to the imagination. I usually don't mind, but I know sometimes my bulge is really showing without an erection.

I have noticed however, that my sister in law, two female running pals of my wife and several other women take quick glimpses of my meat and I like the attention. It's funny when I catch them staring.

It's funny when you catch someone in the act of checking you out and they look away as if nothing happened.

11. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    My guess is the attention people were paying you was inflated a bit in your head......In my experience, people look at themselves at the gym

12. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:
    man I wouldn't worry too much about it...the things that your body does naturally in yoga is nothing to be ashamed of... I've been in your situation before and felt self-conscious for a bit, then realized that the people here were here to get in shape, have a spiritual/metaphysical experience, or just to relax. the thing that I always get embarassed about in yoga class is farting. If you have ever done yoga before, you know that there are certain positions that put pressure on your intestines, and a little (or a lot) of gas can slip out. ONe day in class, we were doing a lot of these positions and someone let one loose. the yoga instructor just laughed and said that it was a good thing. many of the functions of the body(including popping boners) are out of our control, so why be embarassed about the things we can't control, or only have some control over, and if someone points you out or giggles b/c you got a spontaneous erection, they are the ones displaying their immaturity....I mean who hasn't seen or sported unwanted wood?

13. hanginglow

hanginglow New Member

Well I've been to the naked yoga class in FTL and sounds like it would be great to have you there...Ha Ha. Actually in the naked class showing a bulge becomes a non issue pretty quickly, everyone is naked...who cares. As far as hiding a bulge I would imagine a tight jock or compression shorts would take care of even the biggest boys.

14. D_Trimbley Trousersprout

Wouldn't place your penis along your leg, wearing tight boxers to keep it in place and long sweatpants solve the problem? People probably aren't looking at you as much as you think they do. Leaving early is probably a better way to attract other people's attention than packing big. I think you shouldn't be feeling that bad about it! *hugs* I hope you find a solution to your problem!

15. D_Raymond Handler

D_Raymond Handler Account Disabled

I do naked yoga too, with just guys. It's great.

16. B_str8hungyo

B_str8hungyo New Member

thats funny... when i was in bootcamp i was stretchin with the rest of the division and i showed them a backbend ( typical cleerleading/gymnastics strech... cuz i was an x-cheerleader) and when i was fully bent backwards this guy says "wow, thats a huge bulge" so all the females in the division had to come check it out too... it was funny, but a lil embarassing... the funny part is that the guys had already seen me naked in the showers b4 so i dont know why they pointed my bulge out, other than to bring it to the attention of the females...

17. Blokeboy

Blokeboy New Member

Honestly, don't YOU enjoy catching a glimpse of a chic w/ hard nipples, sweat pants that have worked themselves between their cheeks giving a really nice rounded view or crotch bulge (doesn't matter whatever you're into).

I live for accidental views like that. It's pure eye candy. LET IT BE.

Wear what's comfortable and if an outline or bulge shows every now and again, it's an absolute treat to anyone who notices. I know you're there for the practice, but when I got to Bikrim yoga & I notice something on someone I try not to make it obvious that I've noticed, HOWEVER, it is the BEST treat and is something I can think or fantasize about later.

It doesn't hurt a thing. If you were purposely grinding your body around or letting your big dick slide out the side of your shorts THAT would be inappropriate and is a completely different situation, but that's not the case at all. Go BACK to that class and let it be.

In the past when I catch a glimpse of something beautiful and sexy as mentioned above- IT MADE MY DAY. We are all sexual beings. Just know that someone found you amazing that day and it probably fueled their next sexual experience. While you left all embarrassed... It's you. Let it go.

Let others enjoy what they want from a distance. One day you will be a very old man and possibly less physically interesting, Let it be and ENJOY TODAY.

18. sevenstrong

sevenstrong New Member

A little off topic, I wore N2N see thru mesh shorts to a yoga class taught by a female friend of mine. At the end of each class, she'd stretch our arms over our heads as we laid on our backs then our legs. The class was darkish so probably only the 2 ladies on either side of me had seen anything. I was in the back. As my friend bent down to grab my legs (my eyes were closed), I heard an audile gasp escape her lips. She lingered longer than she normally did before letting my legs down. I had a nice sized semi!

19. shyguyftl

shyguyftl New Member

Thank you. I appreciate everyones feedback and support. I know it's a "me" issue. Might just be that the class is just to crowded and everyone is close up that is causing the paranoia. I thought it was worth a try to go to the big gym class, since the yoga studios in town started charging so much for there classes.
    I miss the one I used to take on the beach. Everyone was in swimsuits anyway, so no one had any body issues.

Maybe someone should start a good yoga/excercise clothing company for well equiped men.

20. SurferGirlCA

Gold Member

I have gone to yoga class about 4-5 times a week for the past 8 years or so and rarely have I noticed a guy with the issue you're describing (people noticing his bulge). Both times it was obvious the guy wanted to get people to notice.

If you go to a yoga studio (as opposed to a huge gym that offers some yoga classes) you're going to have people who are serious about being there for yoga. They're not all overpriced and some offer community classes at a lower rate. You're doing what you can to minimize the issue, so I don't think you should worry about people gawking.