Black on White Racism in my area. Media dont say shit about it.

datdude

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I saw this news report the other day and hit home a for me and pissed me off!!
The report was a video of a white kid getting beat up by 3 black kids. Now the report said it was not racist but gang related. It made me hot because I grew up in that area and I know better. That kid got his ass kicked because he was white. In our media it seems like whites are always being racist never blacks being racist towards whites and it pisses me off because racism is racism.

I stated before that I grew up in a prodemntly black area and because of that I experienced racism my life. This is Some of the shit I had to put up with.

Walking by black guys and they would call me Rich,Chip,Davey and other whit names, trying to get me to look.

They would call me cracker and honkey to my face. Sometimes in class and the teachers would not say shit.

I watched black guys totally humiliate white girls. Grab their asses and tits and whip their dicks out in their faces, for no reason, just to be cruel.

I have seen them beat up weaker white kids because they thought it was funny.

I have heard all the stero types about whites that you can think of and more.

I got in so many fights growing up just because I was white.

I would have to fight all the time when I dated black girls. Black guys would always disrespect the both of us.

I also have black friends and no not all blacks are racist, but I have seen a lot of it in my life and Im willing to go out on a limb and say they are more racist than whites. This view is based on where I grew up and live. Yet they never get called on it. Even in public when they are saying racist shit or doing it, no one says anything and turns their head. Why is that?? Teachers, Media, Working peoples, no one calls it out. Why???

Being a victam of racism has made me very tolerant. I even stand up to my friends who want to Gay Bash, because I know what its like to be diffrent. People think your not even human or diffrent so they can abuse you. It just pisses me off on the double standards of America and its media.

It's the truth. Racisms, nowadays, definitely comes from both sides.

When they made those comments to you, trying to provoke a reaction from you, I am sure they weren't thinking that what they were saying was racist. However, if the tables were turned, and had those boys been white and you black... their would have been a huge media frenzy over the incident.

datdude

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree any white on black racism gets all kinds of media attention.Whites though seem afraid to even talk about it. Its like they are scared they will be called racist, even if they are victams of it.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's the truth. Racisms, nowadays, definitely comes from both sides.
When they made those comments to you, trying to provoke a reaction from you, I am sure they weren't thinking that what they were saying was racist. I have no idea what part of the country the OP is talking about; but I can tell you right now, "honky" and "cracker" do not come anywhere close to being as bad as the "N" word. I don't even know what honky actually means and I doubt the people calling him that did either. However, if the tables were turned, and had those boys been white and you black... their would have been a huge media frenzy over the incident.
Now, maybe?

It really depends upon the time and place. Truth be told, it's only recently in America's history that a white on black crime would have been reported let alone received media attention.

I'm not saying that blacks aren't racist too! I'm just saying that the massive, media attention that a white on black crime gets is very recent only within the last 20-25 years.

Charles Finn

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I to grew up color blind
I care about the person not the color of his or her skin.
I was attacked 3 times between 1993-94
they were all black. I had to turn to my black friends for help.
there is no love anymore it is all about hate and violence.
we need to be kind and help each other love and respect seem to be things of the past.
please be kind to one another.
I miss the love and kindness I grew up with.
the media thrives on hate and violence.

holsty101

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Leaving a mall late last week one of a group of 4 black teenagers mumbled something to me as they passed by, "cracker" being the only word I heard clearly. Should I be offended?

datdude

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Leaving a mall late last week one of a group of 4 black teenagers mumbled something to me as they passed by, "cracker" being the only word I heard clearly. Should I be offended?

You take it stride. You should be offended, they did insult you. Now some will say you have no rights to be offened by that comment. Cracker is not a big deal. I disagree with that though a racist staement is a put down. Often people act like if your white you should not be offended by racism and you deserve it.

2 wrongs dont make a right. I was not ari=ound in the fifties or sixties or seventies.

smooth923

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i Am Not Racist And I Have Many Black Friends And My Partner Of Many Years Is Black And I Don't Measure Any Persons Value By The Color Of Their Skin However I Have Been Insulted Many Times By Black People Who Do Not Even Know Me Who Have Never Even Seen Me Before Just Because Im White. Grow Up People It Is 2007 Not 1920 None Of Us Were Here During That Period Of Time And As Unprejudiced As I Am In Regards To Any Race I Am So Sick Of 19 And 20 Year Old Black Kids Walking Around With A Chip On Their Shoulder And Blaming All Their Problems On Other People Just Because They Are White. The Only Way To Stop Playing The Race Card Is To Stop Dealing It As Far As I Can Tell We Are All the Human Race And Need To Respect Each Other But That Respect Isn't One Sided.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think part of the problem with black on white violence is a backlash of the 50's when race was a very big issue
I think you are correct only I would extend it into the early 1970's.

You take it stride. You should be offended, they did insult you. Now some will say you have no rights to be offened by that comment. Cracker is not a big deal. I disagree with that though a racist staement is a put down. Often people act like if your white you should not be offended by racism and you deserve it. Cracker is derived from the 'crack' of the whip that the overseer used on blacks slaves. In the last century it has come to mean any white person of a lower socio-economic level.

Keep in mind I am from an upper-middle class, white neighborhood, in New Jersey and just moved to rural Georgia in June of this year. Imagine her abject horror when a white woman with whom my mother is friends told my mom she was glad I had finally moved to Georgia, as there were plenty of nice crackers here and I should find a nice one to marry and have babies with. :eek::eek5::yikes: My mom was dumbstruck, she didn't know how to respond. So she just nodded and walked away.:rolleyes: I later asked a white, female friend of mine who is a Georgia native and in her early 50's how she defined cracker. Her definition was the same as mine and moms but she added that where she grew up in Savannah a cracker was often poorer than trailer trash but with a higher standard of ethics and morals. I must have given her a funny look, because she further defined it to say, "you would never see a cracker on Jerry Springer; but you would see them in church even if their clothes were from GoodWill."

However, when I told her the story of what the woman had said to mom at the senior center she said, "Oh! That's right, I've heard kids use 'cracker' to mean working class or blue collar."

2 wrongs dont make a right. I was not around in the fifties or sixties or seventies.[/quote] Ahh the innocence and ignorance of youth. :redface::rolleyes: Just because you seem to have no knowledge of the history of racism and the power of certain words in this country doesn't mean you have the right to ignore them or interpret them as you like.

datdude

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
2 wrongs dont make a right. I was not around in the fifties or sixties or seventies.
Ahh the innocence and ignorance of youth. :redface::rolleyes: Just because you seem to have no knowledge of the history of racism and the power of certain words in this country doesn't mean you have the right to ignore them or interpret them as you like.
[/quote]

Please!!! That is so ignorant. :rolleyes: I know the history of racesim and I know of the past. So should I have been treat bad because Im white and blacks where treated badly in the past?????

I understand the power of words and the history of this nation. Im a history major, so just stop there. I guess I have no rights to feel mistreated because cracker and honkey is not as bad as the N word.

So should Asians and others feel bad when they are called there racist names, even though our society does not look at those words to be bad as the N word.

By your logic Jews should lash out at the Egyptians,Roamns, or Germans, for all the years of oppresion and slavery under their rule. Young Jewish kids should be able to call them names and its ok.

So do you think its ok for blacks to be racist towards whites?? Should we have to take it because of a past?

Im sure a woman does not like being called a bitch or a ho and Im sure they think Bitch is worse, but they dont want to be called a HO either.

Also some words are on how you use them. If some one scream or says someting in a way that threatens you its diffrent. I f you cant understand that, your part of the problem.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
I agree with the OP.

I spend most of my life as a member of a white majority, but I also spend about one third of the year in various places being the minority. That coupled with my experiences of relationships with women of just about every race and creed, means that I see racism on both sides of the fence.

It may seem PC of the media, but in their defense, I am not sure that it is sensible to have constant stories about racism, either which way around. There is a danger that it will enflame a situation that is probably improving.

However having said that, you do have to do something to spell out clear to all in a society that racism is an ignorant attitude.

smooth923

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i Agree With Datdude And For That Matter Jewish People Have Been Persecuted As Long As Black People And Also Their Were Gay People In Concentration Camps And They Were Forced To Wear The Inverted Pink Triangle On Their Clothes As A Symbol Of Their Sexual Orientation But Instead Of Whining And Crying About It They Turned It Into A Symbol Of Pride. I May Not Know The Full Extent Of Racism Against Black People In This Country But As A Gay White Man I Assure You Njqt466 That Faggot,queer,homo And All The Other Creative Names That Are Used To Describe Gay People Are Just As Offensive And Ugly As The "n" Word!!!!!!!!!

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ahh the innocence and ignorance of youth. :redface::rolleyes: Just because you seem to have no knowledge of the history of racism and the power of certain words in this country doesn't mean you have the right to ignore them or interpret them as you like.
[/quote]Youth has nothing to do with it.Call me cracker or squaw man and I will be in your face.My white sister was found dead in a dumpster in BakersField, California!Married to a black man who allowed his family to beat her with a belt.I was 16 when she was killed,tell me more about youth!I did get even but I won't tell you how.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
njqt466 said:

Please!!! That is so ignorant. :rolleyes: I know the history of racesim (racism)and I know of the past. So should I have been treat (treated) bad (badly)because Im white and blacks where (were) treated badly in the past????? No. I honestly don't think thats why they called you derogatory names or beat you up. The public school system is so bad these days I doubt they had a decent enough foundation to take a grudge like that out on you. :mad: They were just ignorant bullys or thugs trying to act like more than they were. Trying to make themselves feel big by making you feel small. That behavior is WRONG and should be punished no matter what color you are!:mad:

I understand the power of words and the history of this nation. I'm a history major, so just stop there. I guess I have no rights to feel mistreated because cracker and honky is (are) not as bad as the N word. You are becoming irrational.

So should Asians and others feel bad when they are called there (their)racist names, even though our society does not look at those words to be bad as the N word. By your logic Jews should lash out at the Egyptians,Roamns,(Romans) or Germans, for all the years of oppresion and slavery under their rule. Young Jewish kids should be able to call them names and its ok. I did not say that and you know it! I have no idea why you have a burr under your saddle tonight; but you need to take a step back and breathe. You are angry and ranting, I'm going to bed. it's almost 3:00 AM here.

So do you think its ok for blacks to be racist towards whites?? No! I neither said nor implied that. Should we have to take it because of a past??
No, but you need to understand that some things are so important because of the pain which they caused that they are never forgotten. Should a Jewish, 19 year old, descendant of an Auschwitz survivor forget about the Holocaust? Should the Japanese-American ancestor of someone who survived the bombing of Hiroshima forget WWII or just the Enola Gay?
QUOTED AGAIN FOR EMPHASIS!
*SNIP* I'm not saying that blacks aren't racist too! I'm just saying that the massive, media attention that a white on black crime gets is very recent only within the last 20-25 years.

As an educator I couldn't help myself, I'm sorry. I put all the correct spellings in (parentheses). I wasn't trying to be a B*#%h.

datdude

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No, but you need to understand that some things are so important because of the pain which they caused that they are never forgotten. Should a Jewish, 19 year old, descendant of an Auschwitz survivor forget about the Holocaust? Should the Japanese-American ancestor of someone who survived the bombing of Hiroshima forget WWII or just the Enola Gay?
QUOTED AGAIN FOR EMPHASIS!

As an educator I couldn't help myself, I'm sorry. I put all the correct spellings in (parentheses). I wasn't trying to be a B*#%h.

LOL!! I know I use inproper grammer and mispell on here. i just type it our real fast and dont care if I have bad grammer. So much of my time has been done on papers and work writing well, that I dont care about my off-time.

Now I agree that the past should never be forgotten. If you forget it will happen agian. Slavery and the oppresion of Blacks in this country has done great harm and Blacks are not credited for all the did to make this country rich. We got rich on the back of slave labor.

Now though we need to start looking foward. Remember but work together for a better future.

I just find that the media and society gives Blacks a pass when it comes to racism. THe white kid that was beat, was beat because he was white. There are no white gang memebers in that area.

I just find the double standads in this country to be crazy.

Another example I can provide to try and emphize this. A kid from Jordan moved here with his family, who ran a laundry service. HE got teased every day by the black students. They called him a camel jockey, sand nigger,said he stank, called him a terrorist, and use to salp him in the back of his neck all the time. The teacher saw this all the time and did nothing. Whe he snapped one day and called them N words, the teacher sent him to the office.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
LOL!! I know I use inproper grammer and mispell on here. i just type it our real fast and dont care if I have bad grammer. So much of my time has been done on papers and work writing well, that I dont care about my off-time.

Now I agree that the past should never be forgotten. If you forget it will happen agian. Slavery and the oppresion of Blacks in this country has done great harm and Blacks are not credited for all the did to make this country rich. We got rich on the back of slave labor.

Now though we need to start looking foward. Remember but work together for a better future.

I just find that the media and society gives Blacks a pass when it comes to racism. THe white kid that was beat, was beat because he was white. There are no white gang memebers in that area.

I just find the double standads in this country to be crazy.

Another example I can provide to try and emphize this. A kid from Jordan moved here with his family, who ran a laundry service. HE got teased every day by the black students. They called him a camel jockey, sand nigger,said he stank, called him a terrorist, and use to salp him in the back of his neck all the time. The teacher saw this all the time and did nothing. Whe he snapped one day and called them N words, the teacher sent him to the office.

That was clearly wrong! The teacher was as guilty as the students. Those kids were probably saying what the teacher thought, yet couldn't say. I hate when Americans assume that anyone from the middle east is a cousin to Osama Bin Laden. It's ridiculous!:mad:

M

Mr Ed in Mass

Could it be that wer'e retaliating, for the centuries of violence and racism that we have endured? For all the poor-assed black people, who are put in jail,at a much higher rate than white men for the same crime? I still endure much more, racism everyday than you, as a white guy will.
Just let me remind you that all the men who have called me bitch,you black porch monkey nigger bitch, ho',you fucking nigger cunt, dyke black bitch, have all been white men.
Surely your'e not trying to say that you experience just as much racism as we do? No it's not right but.........
Yeah right!
cigarbabe:saevilw:

datdude

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Could it be that wer'e retaliating, for the centuries of violence and racism that we have endured? For all the poor-assed black people, who are put in jail,at a much higher rate than white men for the same crime? I still endure much more, racism everyday than you, as a white guy will.
Just let me remind you that all the men who have called me bitch,you black porch monkey nigger bitch, ho',you fucking nigger cunt, dyke black bitch, have all been white men.
Surely your'e not trying to say that you experience just as much racism as we do? No it's not right but.........
Yeah right!

Really you would not know how much racism I have experianced unless you walked in my shoes. Just because your black does not mean that you have experianced more. That kid from Joradan got more racist shit thrown at him than anyone because it came from all over. Now I dont know if you have experianced more racism thanI. Really it does not matter. It all wrong.

I know blacks experiance racsim all the time Im not blind, but that does not mean that its ok for blacks to mistreat whites and whites sould get over it. (Not saying you think that either)

Thats how some in the society think that whites should just take the abuse and thats bull-shit.

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Really you would not know how much racism I have experianced unless you walked in my shoes. Just because your black does not mean that you have experianced more. Bullshit! That kid from Joradan got more racist shit thrown at him than anyone because it came from all over. Now I dont know if you have experianced more racism thanI.Than why won't you take my word for it? Why would anyone lie about being abused by people? Really it does not matter. It all wrong. I didn't say it was right, but I'm suggesting you don't lose jobs because of your color,you aren't refused an education,because of your color,and on and on etc.

What did you do to protect that kid from Jordan,anything?
I don't believe you did,because that would have left you open to more abuse. I'm kinda tired of whites saying they always have it so bad,just like black people and others who are routinely discriminated against,What you experienced,doesn't compare to all other people of color,Sorry.
I know blacks experiance racsim all the time Im not blind, but that does not mean that its ok for blacks to mistreat whites and whites sould get over it. (Not saying you think that either) Sorry I'm not denigrating what you experienced but I do have to say,Move on,get over it.If this happens everyday,file a police report,see if they take you seriously.
If they don't,you have experienced one iota, of what we have to ignore and endure everyday.
Thats how some in the society think that whites should just take the abuse and thats bull-shit.

I believe thats what the groups, who want to keep anyone who isn't white, have for an agenda.

I'm sorry I am empathetic,to most who have suffered bigotry, but not this.
For me it has an "reverse discrimination" odor to it. Sorry.