Black on White Racism in my area. Media dont say shit about it.

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Also the first gang member I ever heard of,were white; mafia,and to assume there are no white gangs in any given area is absurd!
Where the hell do you live? In this world?
C.B.:saevilw:

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The realtors in Atlanta are catoring to the blacks moving to the south by putting them in new all black upper class neighborhoods, the blacks think their moving on up, but in reality the whites are segregating them as usuall and cashing in at the same time.

lafever

datdude

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I believe thats what the groups, who want to keep anyone who isn't white, have for an agenda.

I'm sorry I am empathetic,to most who have suffered bigotry, but not this.
For me it has an "reverse discrimination" odor to it. Sorry.
cigarbabe:saevilw:

Thats what Im talking about. People like you who just say get over it, who cares. Who cares that you experianced racism. Ok but my point was that it does not get any coverage and it does go on a lot. That whites just like you dont care and look the other way.

Because Im white I just need to move on and forget about it. White people have no reason to gripe about racism because blacks had it way worse. I agree that blacks have had it worse in this country, but racism of any kind should not be tolerated. So because Im white, I have no gripe with the racism I experianced. Or that others go threw in the area like walking to school and getting your ass kicked because of your skin color.

Spare your stupid ribble on the Mafia. Sorry you dont know what your talking about at all!!!! I stated my area, not the whole US, so stop making excuses. It clear that this thread is making you uncomfortable.

This is not a thread of which race has it worse. Its sad it has to go this way. You cant complain your white. Thats the problem.

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As long as mankind exists there`s gonna be racism, get a history book, the jews had it the worst if you ask me.

lafever

datdude

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As long as mankind exists there`s gonna be racism, get a history book, the jews had it the worst if you ask me.

lafever

I agree on the JEws and that racism will always exist. Im taing about my persoonal experiances and my local area. not the world and not which race gets shit on the most.

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree on the JEws and that racism will always exist. Im taing about my persoonal experiances and my local area. not the world and not which race gets shit on the most.

Do as the rest of us do, stay away from troubling areas.

lafever

datdude

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I coudlnt when I lived there and went to school there.

Forget it theres no point of even discussing the issue on this forum.
Clearly people dont read the whole thread before they post.

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Racism exists on both sides unfortunately. Whether it be predjudice against blacks, whites, asian (my adopted cousins get picked on by other asian students at their colleges), mexican/latino and so on. It's a shame and I think people in this country should wake up.

I grew up in a very small and pretty much rural white town. It's still about 98% white here.

I think in this age and time, it's the parents who are to blame for letting their children grow up to not like someone or play with them because of their skin color.

My son is totally colorblind and that is the way I am raising him. He seems facinated by people from other colors and I use that as an opportunity to teach him about other cultures and back grounds. Also about how blacks were treated in this country years ago and how wrong it is to treat anyone in the manner that the slaves were treated. But on that note, it's been over a 100 years, people shouldn't just expect things handed to them because of the way their ancestors were treated. Live and learn, teach your own children that it's not right so the traditions of racism don't continue to such a degree. I want to raise an intelligent, tolerant, and respectful young man who doesn't judge people based on just their skin color but to judge them on their actions and their intelligence. also to give people a fair chance. First impressions are BS because you may have caught someone on a really bad day or something is just going bad in their life at that point in time.

I admit, I am a little bit irritated about people who come into this country illegally, no matter what their race. But as I grow older I am more tolerant than the way I was raised and how my grandparents treat people of other skin color. I honestly find their comments offensive to be honest and have told them so!

Those of us that are parents now to younger children and soon to be parents need to make a difference in how this generation is raised so maybe some of the barriers of color are broken down in our lifetimes.

To be honest, there are people of all races that offend me because of their actions. It's just the bad apples in the bunch, not a race as a whole. There are a lot of good and decent people of all backgrounds in this country/world and they should be judged on a fair individual basis, not just as a specific race!

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
wanted to also add that economic class affects how you are treated as well. I personally get treated like white trash by the workers at the public aid office and doctors offices. I've had appts cancelled just because I have public aid, when they make the appts knowing I have it.

It sucks being treated badly just because you don't currently have the means to have regular insurance. I know of several others here who are well educated and in similar positions.

I'm not a woman who is a baby making machine taking advantage of the system. I started worlmg at 12 and paying into the system until I was no longer able to work, no my education is not yet completed. But while working 40 hours a week, carrying a 18 hour credit load each semester and on call for ambulance 5 nights a week as a volunteer. I feel I should deserve the benefit of the doubt. I have a vast medical background that I hope one day I can either go to medical school or become a patient advocate so that people get the proper care they need no matter what their race or condition is!

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I coudlnt when I lived there and went to school there.

Forget it theres no point of even discussing the issue on this forum.
Clearly people dont read the whole thread before they post.

You`re living in the past, and if you place yourself in the same situations than you get what you`re putting into it. No one is saying that things didn`t happen too you or don`t happen, i think cigarbabe said it well herself but this is my spin on it," So what, now what?"

lafever

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Could it be that wer'e retaliating, for the centuries of violence and racism that we have endured? For all the poor-assed black people, who are put in jail,at a much higher rate than white men for the same crime? I still endure much more, racism everyday than you, as a white guy will.
Just let me remind you that all the men who have called me bitch,you black porch monkey nigger bitch, ho',you fucking nigger cunt, dyke black bitch, have all been white men.
Surely your'e not trying to say that you experience just as much racism as we do? No it's not right but.........
Yeah right!

I am not American and I am not black, so I will never really understand.

I also appreciate that in such circumstances it is a lot to ask people not to retaliate, but to take the high ground.

But consider that those who perpetrated 9/11 thought that they were retaliating for their perceived injustices at the hands of the US and their allies in the Middle East.

Thus begins a cycle of misery from which no one ultimately benefits. Well Halliburton and the arms dealers/manufacturers. :rolleyes:

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Before I get into this, let me say this. I am black. My life started in the ghetto, my mother succeeded and we moved out of the ghetto due to attacks by our own people on us for "becoming successful". I have lived in upper middle class white communities most of my adult life, I am married to a white woman, I have a biracial daughter and my experiences with racism have made me more tolerant as well.

That said...

I saw this news report the other day and hit home a for me and pissed me off!!
<...>
I also have black friends and no not all blacks are racist, but I have seen a lot of it in my life and Im willing to go out on a limb and say they are more racist than whites. This view is based on where I grew up and live. Yet they never get called on it. Even in public when they are saying racist shit or doing it, no one says anything and turns their head. Why is that?? Teachers, Media, Working peoples, no one calls it out. Why???

Being a victam of racism has made me very tolerant. I even stand up to my friends who want to Gay Bash, because I know what its like to be diffrent. People think your not even human or diffrent so they can abuse you. It just pisses me off on the double standards of America and its media.

Ask yourself one question datdude. Who runs the media? White people. Other than networks directly geared towards black viewers, you will be hard pressed to find a black person in charge. As such, there is a boatload of hypocrisy in the media. If the media calls a white person racist, it is being done by a white newscaster, working for a white owned station. How are you as a white person going to scream racism? White on white racism? You would be laughed out of the room. Now a black person in the same scenario? You'd have Al, Jesse, Louis and just about every black person marching on that station.

Black people racist? Damn right there are racist black folks, my dad was one. A lot of us don't call it racism because we hide behind the "40 acres and a mule" mentality of we are justified for years of racism and being displaced due to the white man. Spike Lee made a huge blunder on this issue. He was being interviewed in Playboy just about the time Do The Right Thing came out and he told the interviewer "Black people are not racist. We are incapable of it." The reporter came back with, "How can you say that when you don't speak to your father because he married an Italian woman?" Spike hemmed and hawed, but could not recover.

Now as to your post, I think you will find that 99.9&#37; of the black people on this forum are very open minded, would not have a racist bone in their body, and wil admit there are racist black folks, racist white folks, etc. Racism in a lot of ways is a convenient red herring to place blame.

"I didn't get that job cause they gave it to a nigger."

Flip side?

"I didn't get that job because some peckerwood got it."

Look closely and a lot of what gets lumped as racism is in actuality based in economics. No one wants to admit they were the reason they aren't living in a $500,000 home, driving a Benz, or having the lush job. It is easier to blame it on racism.

All I ask is you not hold us black members of LPSG at fault for the dealings of the idiots you had to grow up with. Black members of LPSG by and large are out there as part of the solution. Not the problem.

You take it stride. You should be offended, they did insult you. Now some will say you have no rights to be offened by that comment. Cracker is not a big deal. I disagree with that though a racist staement is a put down. Often people act like if your white you should not be offended by racism and you deserve it.

2 wrongs dont make a right. I was not around in the fifties or sixties or seventies.

Very wise, if more people realized the "two wrongs" addage, there would be less conflict in the world. However, you also didn't have grandparents who in some cases were born at the end of slavery and could relate what it was like. Seeing my great grandfather with the whip scars on his back. I'm not saying this gives me the right to hate on you because your skin has less melonin, but it does give me a perspective that you must admit is hard for you to understand. I'm saying this so you can understand why a lot of us are as we are on the racism issue.

Ahh the innocence and ignorance of youth. :redface::rolleyes: Just because you seem to have no knowledge of the history of racism and the power of certain words in this country doesn't mean you have the right to ignore them or interpret them as you like.
Youth has nothing to do with it.Call me cracker or squaw man and I will be in your face.My white sister was found dead in a dumpster in BakersField, California!Married to a black man who allowed his family to beat her with a belt.I was 16 when she was killed,tell me more about youth!I did get even but I won't tell you how.[/quote]

Ed, I feel I have a lot in common with you and amen to sticking up for what's right. Keep on keeping friend.

Could it be that wer'e retaliating, for the centuries of violence and racism that we have endured? For all the poor-assed black people, who are put in jail,at a much higher rate than white men for the same crime? I still endure much more, racism everyday than you, as a white guy will.
Just let me remind you that all the men who have called me bitch,you black porch monkey nigger bitch, ho',you fucking nigger cunt, dyke black bitch, have all been white men.
Surely your'e not trying to say that you experience just as much racism as we do? No it's not right but.........
Yeah right!

Like the lady said. It's about points of reference. Cigarbabe, NJQT and I are old enough to have family who could relate slavery to us on a first hand perspective. We are old enough to have suffered from the intra-race racism that exists within the black culture and is directly related to slavery. We can't kid ourselves, there are still issues in our community directly tied to slavery and the abolishment of slavery. I just have to think "The road to hell is paved with good intentions." Emancipation in it's truest sense would only have worked if the entire nation was behind it. the rise of the KKK proved that.

The realtors in Atlanta are catoring to the blacks moving to the south by putting them in new all black upper class neighborhoods, the blacks think their moving on up, but in reality the whites are segregating them as usuall and cashing in at the same time.

lafever

I have been saying that for years and the irony here is it took a white guy to say it. You are just a pigment challenged brotha Lafever. :biggrin1:

• Love
Reactions: dreamer20

datdude

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Osiris,

Thanks for your thoughtful post. Also thanks for not basicly telling me I have no-right to feel that way like others on this board. To sum it up they said. Get over it pussy, you have no right to be upset about racism, your white.Makes me wonder if I should even stay a member when you have to reply to ignorant people like that (Senstive I know, but is it worth my energy replying to ignorance? I think not.)

I dont hold a overall racist views of blacks. In my area there are lot of racist blacks, a lot. That being said, I know lots of Blacks who are not and have treated me with nothing but kindness. Blacks are a very diverse people, like whites.

Some lost touch with what I meant on OP. I was talking about my life and the area I grew up in. I was not talking about history and did not need a lecture about the past and what race had it worse, that some wanted to give. Also Im not talking about the US because I know its diffrent from area to area. Talking about my local area and my life.

I also agree with you about the media. Yes its all white!!! In my local area a white kid gets jumped and beat up by 3 blacks,its not racist and is back page news. If skinheads beat up a black guy down at the beach its front page news, and the TV will not stop talking about it. Why??? There must be an agenda. I also think it helps shapes peoples attitudes when it comes to my OP, where I have to hear that I did not have it that bad and get over it.

Sadly whites and blacks in reality are not that diffrent, we have more in common than diffrent. ITs sad that poor whites and blacks fight over the rich table scraps, like they have since this country has been founded.

No racism is right, I think we would all agree with that. Well maybe some on here would not.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am not American and I am not black, so I will never really understand. True, but then again many Americans don't get it either.
I also appreciate that in such circumstances it is a lot to ask people not to retaliate, but to take the high ground. It's not just that, it is a highly personal and emotional topic. One which even I, after all these years have trouble responding to without screaming like a banshee.

But consider that those who perpetrated 9/11 thought that they were retaliating for their perceived injustices at the hands of the US and their allies in the Middle East. Huh? Are you serious?! :confused::eek: You did not just compare the perceived injustices, of those radical, fundamentalist, Muslim murderers; to the real and documented 200+ year horror of slavery in America!?!? The capture, selling; and enslavement of Blacks in this country not to mention Jim Crow laws , Black Codes, Poll Tax and a veritable plethora of injustices too numerous to mention.

Thus begins a cycle of misery from which no one ultimately benefits. Well Halliburton and the arms dealers/manufacturers. :rolleyes:
Mmm, yeah . . . whatever. :rolleyes:

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Osiris,

Thanks for your thoughtful post. Also thanks for not basicly telling me I have no-right to feel that way like others on this board. To sum it up they said. Get over it pussy, you have no right to be upset about racism, your white.Makes me wonder if I should even stay a member when you have to reply to ignorant people like that (Senstive I know, but is it worth my energy replying to ignorance? I think not.)

I dont hold a overall racist views of blacks. In my area there are lot of racist blacks, a lot. That being said, I know lots of Blacks who are not and have treated me with nothing but kindness. Blacks are a very diverse people, like whites.

Some lost touch with what I meant on OP. I was talking about my life and the area I grew up in. I was not talking about history and did not need a lecture about the past and what race had it worse, that some wanted to give. Also Im not talking about the US because I know its diffrent from area to area. Talking about my local area and my life.

I also agree with you about the media. Yes its all white!!! In my local area a white kid gets jumped and beat up by 3 blacks,its not racist and is back page news. If skinheads beat up a black guy down at the beach its front page news, and the TV will not stop talking about it. Why??? There must be an agenda. I also think it helps shapes peoples attitudes when it comes to my OP, where I have to hear that I did not have it that bad and get over it.

Sadly whites and blacks in reality are not that diffrent, we have more in common than diffrent. ITs sad that poor whites and blacks fight over the rich table scraps, like they have since this country has been founded.

No racism is right, I think we would all agree with that. Well maybe some on here would not.

No worries man. We all see things in that heat of the moment and BANG! we are off on a tirade.

Here is something I thought about when you said that about the news story and what was said. So you have three black kids and the news said it was drug/gang related. On the flip side the media tends to not think white kids are capabale of gang activity. What is to say the "beat down" wasn't actually a drug deal gone bad? Did the white kid say something racially flammatory? Did the black kids have other beef? You can flip that to the white kids beating up on a black kid. Does it have to be racism? Some white kids steal and deal drugs just like some black kids do. Crime is no more exclusive to a race than racism is.

The media seems to report half the story based on what is going to get the ratings. All I have to say is this:

Did the media learn nothing from it's rather biased covereage of Jena 6? Did the governing bodies in Jena learn anything from their errors in judgement?

As long as there are peopple with free thought and brains, there will always be "functional idiots" and a majority of them go into media it seems.

headhunter7nch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
the past is the PAST !!! this is the 21'st century. ALL cultures have racists, and ANYBODY that has race issues has a SERIOUS inferiority complex, and needs to "grow up"!!!
red, yellow, black, and white..., they are ALL precious in "HIS" sight...,!!!

i am white, but if i bought a bar-b-que resturant on martin luther king blvd, {any city}, i would hire blacks..., does that make me a racist ??? do i HAVE to hire a "token" white person ???

NAACP, BET {tv}, black history month {february}, united negro college funds..., where does it end ???

blacks have all these groups/associations..., WHY ???

if whites wanted NAAWP, WET, white history month, united white college funds..., we would be considered RACISTS...,!!!

i have a black friend, who is married to a white woman, that has gone through "hell", {here in the south}, but he deals with it...,. he does not whine and cry and boo-hoo, because of STUPID society's "norms" !!!

his favorite joke is:
what did abraham lincoln say after a 3 day drunk...,???

i freed WHO ???

GROW UP PEOPLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we are ALL EQUAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

frizzle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
It's never racism when white people are involved and because they are in the majority in western culture.

It's such a shame people actually think racism is more offensive then other forms of intimdiation, bullying and violence.

headhunter7nch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
oprah winfrey grew up in the "projects" in nashville, and every time i pass through the I-440 loop, and say to myself..., {that is where oprah winfrey grew up}.

look at her TODAY !!!

hard work and determination pays off..., instead of BOO-HOO !!!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
oprah winfrey grew up in the "projects" in nashville, and every time i pass through the I-440 loop, and say to myself..., {that is where oprah winfrey grew up}.

look at her TODAY !!! hard work and determination pays off..., instead of BOO-HOO !!![/quote]

I think it's time for you to put down that mason jar of white lightning and go take a nap. :tongue:

Holding up Oprah Winfrey and her lifestyle as an attainable goal for inner city youth is as realistic as saying if you applied yourself you could be Bill Gates.:rolleyes::biggrin1: