Briefs Coming Back Into Favour ?

WellHung83

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Remember when all the men's health magazines, day time shows and media in general were pushing the boxer shorts and the sleep pants as the only way to go for guys when they were literally down to the bare essensials ? Well now I've noticed, thank gods, that there appears to be a brief resurgance in the ranks of blokes in general over the last few years. Thanks to companies like 2xist, Aussiebum and Bonds, it now seems cool for a bloke to wear those revealing briefs and newer boxer briefs styles than before and not being labelled 'gay' because of his underwear choice, which I thought was a pretty stupid thing to worry about in the first place.
Personally I am glad the briefs are coming back in style as I have always preferred to wear briefs over loose boxers and am slowly getting into those boxer briefs designs as well. And my partners all seem to like how revealing they are too.:biggrin1:

Fire Stick

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I don't recall where, but not too long ago I read an article about this very subject. During the 1990s and the earlier years of this decade, briefs had become much less favored among teens and younger men and were even considered "geeky" by some. Apparently, though, sales of briefs -- particularly among younger men -- have indeed increased dramatically in recent years and are no longer considred a fashion no-no among "The Hip." Although I like not wearing underwear at all and, depending on the situation, often do not, I have also always preferred briefs whenever wearing underwear is the appropriate choice. For those of us who never abandoned our tighty-whities, it is nice to know that we are stylish once more.

basketbulge

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't recall where, but not too long ago I read an article about this very subject. During the 1990s and the earlier years of this decade, briefs had become much less favored among teens and younger men and were even considered "geeky" by some. Apparently, though, sales of briefs -- particularly among younger men -- have indeed increased dramatically in recent years and are no longer considred a fashion no-no among "The Hip." Although I like not wearing underwear at all and, depending on the situation, often do not, I have also always preferred briefs whenever wearing underwear is the appropriate choice. For those of us who never abandoned our tighty-whities, it is nice to know that we are stylish once more.

IMO you could wear plaid flannel briefs and a chastity belt and still look hot!!!

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I hate boxers...just bunch up and my cock ends up snaked down one leg....it's briefs or freeballing for me!
I hate briefs, I just end up in knots.

But seriously, briefs just super bunch everything and sometimes can prove uncomfortable. And don't get a woody in 'em! The worst.

I don't think it's a "gay" thing, though. I tried wearing them for a while, but I just found it more comfortable to wear boxers. I don't mind the "snake down" thing. You're supposed to be free...lol.

I wear 'em if I'm working out. For running and jump roping. But then again, I don't think underwear should be worn for the people looking.

I think it's odd you say briefs or freeballing. If you freeball, you may as well wear boxers.

Reactions: Mikehard9

modernluv

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Briefs just don't look as nice as boxers, they remind me of something my dad used to wear.

Yeah. From a selfish standpoint I'm a big fan of boxer briefs. If the guy has a nice body and a sizable appendage it's a treat for me. From an "I love penises" standpoint I'm a big fan of boxers, because I think of it all relaxed, free, and maximizing blood flow, and that makes me happy :wink: .

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My preference is for boxer briefs first (particularly some spandex ones from Target), then regular briefs, and boxers last.

Honestly, I can't imagine sleeping in anything loose. It bunches up and gets tugged around, making things uncomfortable enough to keep me awake. I'd rather wear snug underwear or go nude.

Reactions: twguy01

amhersthungboi

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Like most other American teenagers, I wore boxers from about grade 7 until I graduated college. Then, moving to Australia, I found that about 90% of the guys here wear briefs, so I switched back ... and I've liked that change! More than just looking better (nothing like a bulge!), they don't bunch up, go well at the gym, and provide support. Here's to the briefs revolution (as compared to the Boxer Rebellion ...:tongue: ).

SoLowHung

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I wear bikini briefs and yeah, I think that maybe I look a little like a fruit in them but they are the most comfortable thing I have found. No cock and balls sticking to my leg on a warm day. Keeps me from sitting on my balls. Supports me in case I need to break inot a full-on sprint in the middle of the day.

I take the same approach to shoes as I do with underwear. Comfort first. And ultimately, if you don't like them, fine....take 'em off me then.

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So then what's the point of wearing boxers?

Actually (TMI warning :wink: ), I need to wear something down there, or else sweat starts to collect in my nether regions and even run down my leg. For hygiene's sake, I'd rather wear boxers than nothing at all.

But, for fun, I'll still go commando. :tongue:

Reactions: Chinegro

yhtang

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I wear bikini briefs and yeah, I think that maybe I look a little like a fruit in them but they are the most comfortable thing I have found. No cock and balls sticking to my leg on a warm day. Keeps me from sitting on my balls. Supports me in case I need to break inot a full-on sprint in the middle of the day.

My thoughts and feelings exactly. I cannot stand sweaty balls sticking to my leg on a warm and humid day.

WellHung83

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I just love the security and keeping everything in it's place that briefs and boxer briefs give me, and thanks to all the new patterns and designs that the companies have now, variety is not a problem either. I've actually bought two new Ginch Gonch briefs along with a pair of 2xist white briefs, and so far I wear the GG more than the 2xist pairs. Just having the label peaking out from the top of my jeans is enough to get attention in the pubs or clubs.

Reactions: Peacemusic

lms28

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I like boxer briefs or knit boxers under the dress pants I have to wear to work. I also wear boxer briefs in jeans, but trunk-type briefs or just plain briefs are also wicked comfortable under jeans - especially the new low rise types...

Falcon9

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Briefs just don't look as nice as boxers, they remind me of something my dad used to wear.

um... Boxers just don't look as nice as Briefs, they remind ME of something MY father would wear!

Despite fashion cycles, I prefer something with some actual tailoring involved, something that provides some soft support for my parts. A brief designed with a well-made pouch (2xist/ Cn2 comes to mind, thanks Greg) takes a little more effort and thought to make than two pieces of flat cut out fabric that make a typical men's boxer. It usually costs more as a result. I'd rather pay the extra for well made and keep the party in my pants very comfortable as much as possible.

Reactions: Dutchstud