Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Yes, Inmysweats, you are right!

I also saw that ad for Choice Hotels, and when that guy came on screen with that HUGE bulge going down his left leg, I could not believe it! I said to myself, "My goodness! Didn't the censors see that big salami shape snaking its way down his pants??"

Since I first saw it, I have seen a shorter version of that same ad which does NOT include the clip of this guy. I think someone got wise and edited out his part of the ad.

Too bad! :frown1:

Anyone find it on YouTube?? Kinda curious to see it...

Reactions: deleted3155011

trkr4ckskr

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Yes, Inmysweats, you are right!

I also saw that ad for Choice Hotels, and when that guy came on screen with that HUGE bulge going down his left leg, I could not believe it! I said to myself, "My goodness! Didn't the censors see that big salami shape snaking its way down his pants??"

Since I first saw it, I have seen a shorter version of that same ad which does NOT include the clip of this guy. I think someone got wise and edited out his part of the ad.

Too bad! :frown1:

I don't think genitals that are covered by cloth have ever been of any concern to censors. Naked skin being censored is all that I have ever heard about.

Voglener

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
There's a V8 Fusion commercial where the guy is licking a piece of broccoli with dip on it. There's a very large bulge down his left leg. I first thought no way but you catch another glimpse later in the ad.

opener_74

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
If u guys have ever seen Blackula, theres the one scene where the guy in the band is doing a solo act and his basket is out for all to see.check it out..go gt the dvd...

oacliffbuddy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
For us older guys..... Actor Mark Shera who played Jedediah Jones, nephew to Barnaby Jones in the series of the same name during it's last four seasons (76-80), ALWAYS was displaying a side laying bulge. I couldn't believe how obvious it was throughout his time on the series, especially when wearing tight tan pants....which kept me coming back for more.

unzipped

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
heh heh always amuses me when folks say they can't believe something got by the censors... or they see an unbelievable dick in a show... well, they didn't get the part for being some needle dicked guy.... like the "stewpot" guy...well, they know what will sell tickets........

Reactions: titan1968

trkr4ckskr

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I don't think that it has ever been any issue with the censors for a bulge or imprint of genitals to show, as long as everything is covered by cloth. It was before my time, but I have seen "Sea Hunt" in syndication and Lloyd Bridges as Mike Nelson was usually as close to being naked in public as you can get without being arrested. His tight clingy swim trunks were always white, which is the best color for "showing". But I have never heard of it being an issue as long as the genitals of the man are covered with cloth, and in the case of women as well as the genitals the breasts from the top of the areola of the nipple and down must be covered.

Bootman

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Interestingly I met a guy who works in tv and he said that dicks showing in pants were not a problem years ago (ie in the 70s when I remember seeing so many as a young man - like all the ones everyone is mentioning in this thread) but that they are a problem now and that they actively censor stuff like this out. So for example if a performer goes on wearing tight pants and shows, they will do everything to conceal the display by cutting away, long shots, crop shots etc. Years ago, with more live tv and less concern, it just passed through and people also didn't seem to get too uptight. He also told me that people get more uptight now than they used to and tv shows get more complaints and that they have to take these into account.

I don't think genitals that are covered by cloth have ever been of any concern to censors. Naked skin being censored is all that I have ever heard about.

Reactions: motorcityboy

BigMeatNJ

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
bulges didn't seem to be such a big deal back then, and maybe it was because it was a very natural thing for a man to have something hanging and bulging (to various degrees obviously based on what the man was packing) down his leg. most men wore boxer shorts (or nothing) back then..the number of brief wearers was very low I would think until the mid 60s and more younger guys took to them. now we are "sanitized" to what a man naturally has hanging there. damn shame that its gotten to where its considered embaressing for a man's image to reflect the fact that he has genitals.

Reactions: motorcityboy