can a doctor tell if i have frequent anal sex ??

martin60018

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
i feel for you, i lived in hawaii, i know how it is.
you said you are young, why the colonoscopy? it is only recommended for 50+
unless you have some problem that you did not let us in on.
my current gay doctor says, he can tell a top from a bottom when he does the prostate exam. also str8 from gay.
but since you will most likely be knocked out for it, they wouldnt be able to tell if your hole relaxed or not. but i am sure anyone with a trained eye or hands, can tell if you have good or weak muscle tone. most of us here can look at an average person and tell if he lifts weights or has general good muscle tone or looks flabby and no tone at all.
back to why the colonoscopy?
bleeding?
pain?
there is no real reason to have this exam when you are young

abu101

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
hi martin,

the only reason is acid reflux, they're just being comprehensive about the acid reflux diagnosis by ordering a colonoscopy , that's all, no biggie

tho its intersting that your doc says he can discern quite a bit of info about sexual orientation and sexual practices from a colonoscopy. i wish you could be more specific, since just as many people state the opposite, and very emphatically.

since i met my BF, i have really only been having anal for about 6 months

prior to that i was grossed out by the thought of it, but what can i say, we have evolved and now i really look forward to it

it has nothing to do with the colonoscopy, which as i mentioned is just due to the acid reflux thing.

wow, where did you live here in Hawaii ?

aloha bud, abu

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
a doctor can tell if you've have anal sex recently. if a doctor was looking for signs of sexual intercourse.
is not a loose muscle kinda thing.. has more to do with internal abrasions *even from the most cuddly of sex sessions*

if you've ever bled from anal sex, small scars and evidence of micro-tears might be evident to someone looking.

but, if you are going in for a medical test the technician and your doctor will be keeping an eye out for polyps, lesions, erosion, color changes in the bowel wall, thickening, thinning ... blood vessels too close to the surface.

for true and for honest, the search of possible buttsex will be the last check item on the list *and realistically, not on the list at all*.

i understand ya concerns for privacy, but is largely a you issue. medical professionals are professionals. in a small community any doctor would do well not to get a reputation for violating patient trust. a bit of gossip versus his/her ability to make a house payment? where do you think priority lives?

if ya really worried, abstain from the funky buttloving for a week prior to ya appointment.
the most noticeable sign of horny invaders should heal/fade by then.

laser90

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
abu101

The reasons for answers all over the spectrum is this: Can a doc tell...yes and no. Their is a range of muscle tone in the anal sphincter from person to person. So can a doctor tell? Maybe. For all those who say Oh sure he/she can think about this. Do you not pass a stool about as big as a man penis every day??? I bet you do and bigger sometimes! Let's be logical about his folks!

So ...What would tell him you might be engaging in anal play? YOU!

It's so important to go to a doctor you can trust to tell them everything. IF you can't then you are doing yourself a disservice. It sounds like you are a little shy about bring up your sexual habits with your doc. I think you would be surprised at their reaction. They are their to help and if as a medical professional they are judgmental with you then find another doctor. Drive to another town if you have to do so. If you can find a doctor that is around your age or as close as possible so you will have them around a while!

Good luck with your search and have fun! :)-

pmax

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Patient-doctor confidentiality exists, but that doesn't mean that only he will read your note. You need to be thorough and open with your doctor and your sex life could come up, particularly if it involves anal sex. He will also have seen plenty of rectum's in his life, so you're won't likely stand out.

If you're concerned about who reads your chart, my best recommendation is to ask him not to write anything about your sexuality in your chart.

BlackIsKingSize

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
IMO to say a doctor wouldn't be able to tell is like saying you wouldn't be able to tell if somebody lifts weights. If they don't do it much you probably can't tell but enough activity produces a significant visual difference.

Second, I think more telling than any physical giveaway would be behavior, somebody familiar with being anally penetrated is going to react differently to an exam than someone not.

Third, IF your doctor does notice, unless there's a medical issue related to it I doubt it would be put in your records at all. The doctor isn't going to just fill in random details if they're not relevant to your health. So I don't think you need to worry.

pumplover

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
For all you dumb ass straight guys taking a shit and getting fucked are two different things and your opinion and advice should not even be posted let the gay guys handel this abu101 reread my post from the other day mickylee had a good point also pm for real help from a medical professional

Reactions: Brad800

IntentsOfCare

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
For all you dumb ass straight guys taking a shit and getting fucked are two different things and your opinion and advice should not even be posted let the gay guys handel this abu101 reread my post from the other day mickylee had a good point also pm for real help from a medical professional

^^^^ XD this

abu101

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Dear Dr Algonquin thanks for the medical reply. Since you raise a specific point, and indicate that the medical pro WOULD readilly recognize SIGNIFICANT VISUAL DIFFERENCES, could you please elaborate on what those significant visual differences are, i think it would help clarify this thread and move it beyond the realm of the merely speculative to the realm of the empirical

thanks all, abu

IMO to say a doctor wouldn't be able to tell is like saying you wouldn't be able to tell if somebody lifts weights. If they don't do it much you probably can't tell but enough activity produces a significant visual difference.

Second, I think more telling than any physical giveaway would be behavior, somebody familiar with being anally penetrated is going to react differently to an exam than someone not.

Third, IF your doctor does notice, unless there's a medical issue related to it I doubt it would be put in your records at all. The doctor isn't going to just fill in random details if they're not relevant to your health. So I don't think you need to worry.

abu101

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
dear MickeyLee, thanks for your suggestions, much appreciated, abu

a doctor can tell if you've have anal sex recently. if a doctor was looking for signs of sexual intercourse.
is not a loose muscle kinda thing.. has more to do with internal abrasions *even from the most cuddly of sex sessions*

if you've ever bled from anal sex, small scars and evidence of micro-tears might be evident to someone looking.

but, if you are going in for a medical test the technician and your doctor will be keeping an eye out for polyps, lesions, erosion, color changes in the bowel wall, thickening, thinning ... blood vessels too close to the surface.

for true and for honest, the search of possible buttsex will be the last check item on the list *and realistically, not on the list at all*.

i understand ya concerns for privacy, but is largely a you issue. medical professionals are professionals. in a small community any doctor would do well not to get a reputation for violating patient trust. a bit of gossip versus his/her ability to make a house payment? where do you think priority lives?

if ya really worried, abstain from the funky buttloving for a week prior to ya appointment.

abu101

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
thanks pumplover, so from your perspective as someone actually expert with the medical perspective,

the principle "evidence" if you will , would be "how open the anus is", i.e. "how loose the anus walls are", which is a tactile observation he would presumably make with his finger while inserting the scope,

rather than a visual observation he would make via the scope. Since you don't mention any evidence in the visual realm, i would assume that's because there isn't any ? (either interior or exterior?)

is that about right ?

thanks, abu

As a medical professional I can you yes a doctor can tell depending on how often and the pounding damage and how open the anus is anal walls will loosen but you can do kegals to restore some tightness that's one two all those who work in the office are held to the same standard if it leaks so to speak you can sue the whole practice you should stop sex at lest a week b4 and ease up on the pounding if you have any other questions I will be more then glad to answer them as best I can

abu101

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Dear Betty,

thanks for the reply. Could you please elaborate a little bit on how "you can look at a butthole and tell if its regularly pounded " ?

I am not doubting your experience, i am just trying to figure out what visual observtions you use to make that instantaneous and highly confident assessment. Some folks on this thread have said the only VISUAL clues are micro-tears and scarring that are only visible via a scope and INSIDE. Others have said the only evidence is what a doctor could FEEL using his fingers, i.e. muscle tightness or not. Your observation is apparently visual clues from the OUTSIDE. So if you could just elaborate a little further that would be helpful.

thanks very much again, aloha from small-town abu

Not sure about you, but show me a butthole and I can tell you if it is regularly pounded or not. Don't tell me you can't look at some of these on the site and tell they don't get regular anal sex. Sorry, fella, but I politely disagree with you on this point. And, don't even look at the orientation! It's a moot point.

Betty

abu101

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
hi Sylphboi, thanks for the reply, question- did your doctor offer any explanation about how he arrived at that conclusion, based soley on him feeling your prostate ?

thanks, abu

I had a prostate exam once, and my doctor said, "someone's been having fun". .I had a long play session the day previous. lol . . yeah . . depends. . . sometimes they can tell.

Shyam

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure

So, clearly when it comes to medicine there's a lot of ignorance on this thread. The above is probably the most sound explanation. Some of the signs mentioned may lead me to believe someone has had anal sex (unlikely).

However,

1) Not what you're looking for
2) Really couldn't care less
3) It'd be a complete assumption. Normal variants.
4) Even if the doctor thinks it, unless it's relevant it won't go in your notes.

Problem solved?

pumplover

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There are more then 2 or 3 sphincters through out the digestive tract which is called an open system from the mouth to the rectum the purpose of a sphincter it to open to let things out in one direction and close to stop things from going up in the wrong direction the last sphincter is the anus or rectum where the shit comes out visual signs of trauma are tears busing and visually not as tight as it should be think of what a doctor would do for a woman in the case of a rape kit I hope that helps put an end to this any more questions I will be more then glad to answer to the best of my ability

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
20% of people enjoy anal pleasure. This includes lesbians, straights, all orientations of people. If the doctor could tell you were enjoying anal pleasure, he still couldn't tell your sexual orientation from it.

D

deleted300444

I just cant believe people are comparing a bowel movement size to penis andvsay they are the same.

Ask yourself this: when a bowel movement occurs one or two stools come out.

Compare that too 50 - 100 dick thrusts SLAMNING into the ass and GRINDING.

Plumplover and Betty Crocker know what they are talking about.
PS....again, HPV, anal dysplasia is caused by getting fucked, not taking a crap.

ABI,
please fret no longer over this. Go to doctor.

Last edited by a moderator: