cheaper vacuum tubes

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
The cost of tubes from VacuTech is one of the highest that is true. There is kind of a catch 22 in this though. The quality of the VacuTech product is such that unless you do something really bad for plastic that these babies will easily be something that can be passed down for generations as they are that strong.

The thick wall cylinders that VacuTech makes are really comfortable and as a result one can do pumping far more easily and one can do things with this quality of tube that they could not do with something in the "economy class".

You can easily make vacuum tubes out of high quality PVC. The problem is getting the thickness of the walls which is enough to do the job in clear lucite. The commercially available tubing is not thick enough to duplicate the VacuTech tube. If I could find the right thickness I would go that route myself. Most of my VP equipment was stolen when I moved from California some years ago. I still have the electric pump, but, the tubes were in a box that "walked away".

Presently as a result of the economy I do not have the available money to go out and re-buy VacuTech.

If anyone finds the lucite tubing in the heavy thickness let me know too!

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
these babies will easily be something that can be passed down for generations as they are that strong.

Might be a few snickers going round the table when they read the will. :rolleyes:

The other thought I had was Antiques Road Show in 2110.
This was my great-grandfather's and my dad gave it to me.....

Reactions: kyle39

MrGoodDate

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I bought mine at the local XXXstore and arcade for about $9.99 and it works well for me.
It has a rubber bulb pump but pulls enough vacuum to help my cock fill the tube. I don't think any of the more expensive ones could do better.

B_625girth

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
my tube is plastic 2x9 and I bought it at a pet store, in the aquarium section. it works fine, about $12. I did have to put a thick rubber pipe coupler, $3, to soften the edge. it works fine, I pressure it up, and it does start to flex in, but that is a lot of pressure. I actually need more diameter. I am over 6" in girth, and when hard I fill it completely girth wise. I am looking for length. I am 7.25" long and would like to get to 8" at least.

my vacumm pump is an automotive brake bleeder pump I got for $24. so I got about $40 invested in a pump that works pretty good.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Are you trying to build an amplifier? I have a set of 12AX7s that I could sell you. lol!

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The cost of tubes from VacuTech is one of the highest that is true. There is kind of a catch 22 in this though. The quality of the VacuTech product is such that unless you do something really bad for plastic that these babies will easily be something that can be passed down for generations as they are that strong.

The thick wall cylinders that VacuTech makes are really comfortable and as a result one can do pumping far more easily and one can do things with this quality of tube that they could not do with something in the "economy class".

You can easily make vacuum tubes out of high quality PVC. The problem is getting the thickness of the walls which is enough to do the job in clear lucite. The commercially available tubing is not thick enough to duplicate the VacuTech tube. If I could find the right thickness I would go that route myself. Most of my VP equipment was stolen when I moved from California some years ago. I still have the electric pump, but, the tubes were in a box that "walked away".

Presently as a result of the economy I do not have the available money to go out and re-buy VacuTech.

If anyone finds the lucite tubing in the heavy thickness let me know too!

There is a solution for the fact that PVC tubing is insufficiently thick.

Get a coupling. Saw off the end of it to make a ring about 1/4" long. Use PVC cement to glue the ring to the end of the PVC tubing. After the cement dries, use a file or something to make all the edges smooth. Of course that would increase the thickness only on the end, but probably that is the only place where it needs to be thick.

DeepDish

Experimental Member
Media
I have a decent cylinder from bostonpump.com

the "Standard Design Model". about 60.00. Very good quality, easy to get a seal with it. Not as thick as a LapDist cylinder, but works great IMHO.

DeepDish

Experimental Member
Media
I forgot about the "Jim Diamond" brand cylinder I got from Picturebrite Corp. It is a decent cylinder, walls a little thinner still than the others.

They seem to be getting out of the pump business. If you can use a 2" cylinder, they are clearing them out for $18.00