Code of Gentleman Chivalry

Dr. Bubbles

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This is an interesting thread and has been well covered. Being from the south I tend to expect some things to still occur as they should, i.e., holding doors and such. In the same token, it is ladylike to appreciate and acknowledge the gentleman who is being so gracious and kind. I think if we go back to common decencies and again, RELEARN simply mannerism that our society would not be as taunting as it appears.

Gentlemen, I thank you...

Ladies, I thank you, too. Yes, we coming of age aren't we? :)

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
BBLumbee,

I just realizes something from your post. Perhaps some of my own sensibilties come from having been raised by older southern parents. I too appreciate these amenities when they are extended, but I also know that I do have to ability to open my own doors literally and figuratively.

Naughty

Dr. Bubbles

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi Naughty,

Girl, where you been? Or where have I been? lol

I agree that we have the abilities to open and close doors as well. Maybe I am not as liberal as some women in their thought process... I tend to be more conservative (mind you though, I can speak my point and can fend for myself!). I was raised very conservatively -- the point where men and women have their seperate places and accept the things they are "suppose" to do.

I am suppose to be femine. I am suppose to be submissive. There are certain things that I am suppose to do in work, place or anywhere else. I can accept those and appreciate them. In the same aspect, men are likewise "suppose" to accept their role and perform as such.

Old fashion? Yeah! Do I like it? Yeah.

If a guy wants me, then he has to treat me like I am deserving and his princess. Trust me, in the end, he will be heavily rewarded. As for other gentlemen and their kindness, I do so appreciation and gratitude. Gosh, I even hold doors open for them, like you and Zora, if their hands are full. Who knows, I probably flirt with them, too (gives me a chance to see their butt). :D

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Miss BB,

Now , you know I didn't raise you to be actin' like no fiel han'. You know dem genlemens is sposed to do what deh's sposed to do. I dont want tuh heah nobody telling me they done see'd you peepin' at no men's hind parts! IT aint fittin', it jes aint fittin' ! Laws! Missa BB, yo sho is bad! LOL!

Naughty Mammy

P.S. This is not meant to be a derogatory post. For those who have experienced the "Mammy" lectures before, she's back. Be afraid ,be very afraid !

Dr. Bubbles

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hilarious! And I love mammy....

Speaking of... what is done behind closed doors is behind closed doors... enuff said. lol

Originally posted by naughty@Dec 30 2004, 09:02 PM
Miss BB,

Now , you know I didn't raise you to be actin' like no fiel han'. You know dem genlemens is sposed to do what deh's sposed to do. I dont want tuh heah nobody telling me they done see'd you peepin' at no men's hind parts! IT aint fittin', it jes aint fittin' ! Laws! Missa BB, yo sho is bad! LOL!

Naughty Mammy

P.S. This is not meant to be a derogatory post. For those who have experienced the "Mammy" lectures before, she's back. Be afraid ,be very afraid !
[post=270883]Quoted post[/post]​

big_peter

Just Browsing
Media
Just one more exception - or rule- whatever way you look at it.

I live not far from NYC, and hold the door when I'm a step or 2 ahead of someone else.
But in a city, there are those who see an open door and run to it (nevermind the perfectly good one 2 feet to the side), and I get the feeling that I'm being considered the Doorman.

Doorman I'm not(!), and now I have the problem of choosing which of these lazy ingrates will I drop the door for. And when I do, I just don't care what they think. I held the door for one (or a few with that one), not all.

The after-effect is (in their thinking): He (meaning me) isn't courteous (but I am!).

If you have the perception that New Yoork (or other large cities) is full of impolite people... it works both ways. Last week I was at the Tree in Rock Center, saw a couple taking photos. My companion offered to take one of the couple... they were profusely thankful, saying nobody would offer... (obviously wrong!) and that it's so rare (Also wrong, I did same thing 2 years earlier, same location and backdrop). In truth, it's a bit like wildlife photos - but reversed - instead of waiting patiently for the scene, in NYC, you'd wait for the photographer. It's really just a matter of time (or timing).

Truly, we should all slow down a bit!

lapdog2001

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I believe in common courtesy to everyone. If I approach a door at the same time as a woman, I will open and hold it to let her go first. If I'm through the door first, I'll hold it open behind me for whoever is close by. Sometimes people hold the door when you're 10 feet away and I think that is a bit much. Do I hold the chair for a woman, usually not, as most have no idea what you are doing! I have helped women with their coats, and other simple, polite things like that.

When I took the overcrowded subway to work, it was a rare treat to actually get a seat. The Boston subway cars have been rebuilt many times over, each time they take away more seats to allow more standing room. I will gladly give up my seat for an elderly person, pregnant woman, or anyone who needs it more than me, but the days of giving up a seat for a woman, just because she is a woman, are long gone. Too many don't give up their seats for anyone, and that is just rude.

We in the north and the east (in my case northeast) have reputations for being rude compared to other areas of the country, but I see common courtesy every day around here. One explanantion I read was the the east was so densely populated, the the tipping of hats, and greeting those who you pass by was just plain impractable! I remember a scene in a Crocadile Dundee movie where is is walking down a crowded NYC sidewalk saying G'Day and tipping his hat continuously!

LapDog :p

leotaylor: THANKS YOU GUYS-I'M GLAD YOUR ALL GENTLEMEN.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

Anything else said here about well,you know I will not respond to it.Everyone here has his or her opinion.Some good-a few stupid and ignorant.I will be a gentleman and ignor the ignorant ones

leotaylor:
Originally posted by skeelicious08@Dec 30 2004, 05:14 PM
"
I'm tired of holding the door open for some "lady," and have her just breeze through without a quick "thank you" or "thanks" as though she were the queen of the universe."

I've never understood that. I ALWAYS say thank you because its always so pleasant to have a gentleman hold the door for me. Yet I have friends who never say thank you when its done for them.
[post=270852]Quoted post[/post]​
great

leotaylor:
Originally posted by lapdog2001@Dec 31 2004, 06:51 AM
I believe in common courtesy to everyone. If I approach a door at the same time as a woman, I will open and hold it to let her go first. If I'm through the door first, I'll hold it open behind me for whoever is close by. Sometimes people hold the door when you're 10 feet away and I think that is a bit much. Do I hold the chair for a woman, usually not, as most have no idea what you are doing! I have helped women with their coats, and other simple, polite things like that.

When I took the overcrowded subway to work, it was a rare treat to actually get a seat. The Boston subway cars have been rebuilt many times over, each time they take away more seats to allow more standing room. I will gladly give up my seat for an elderly person, pregnant woman, or anyone who needs it more than me, but the days of giving up a seat for a woman, just because she is a woman, are long gone. Too many don't give up their seats for anyone, and that is just rude.

We in the north and the east (in my case northeast) have reputations for being rude compared to other areas of the country, but I see common courtesy every day around here. One explanantion I read was the the east was so densely populated, the the tipping of hats, and greeting those who you pass by was just plain impractable! I remember a scene in a Crocadile Dundee movie where is is walking down a crowded NYC sidewalk saying G'Day and tipping his hat continuously!

LapDog :p
[post=271037]Quoted post[/post]​
me too

leotaylor:
Originally posted by jeepwranglerboi+Dec 29 2004, 05:22 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jeepwranglerboi &#064; Dec 29 2004, 05:22 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by DerSchwanz@Dec 29 2004, 05:13 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-leotaylor
@Dec 29 2004, 03:51 PM
Post Preview
Code of Gentleman Chivalry

Being a man that honors the Code of Gentleman Chivalry -openning doors for the young ladies,trying to be honorable toward,are those kind of men rare ?

I find most women still love a man to open doors for them and such,but I still alot of men acting like total clods in public.
Code of Gentleman Chivalry dead or simply rare.
[post=270561]Quoted post[/post]​

I, too, believe in chivalry and behaving like a gentleman. Sadly, not only are there very few gentlemen around, there are also very few ladies.

I&#39;m tired of holding the door open for some "lady," and have her just breeze through without a quick "thank you" or "thanks" as though she were the queen of the universe. And, why does it seem generational? The younger they are the more cloddishly they behave.
[post=270592]Quoted post[/post]​

I totally agree with you&#33;&#33;&#33; I hate when I hold the door for people and they never say "thank you". I am not a freaking doorman&#33;
[post=270596]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
thanks

leotaylor:
Originally posted by Spank_The_Monkey@Dec 29 2004, 10:22 PM
I&#39;m always very chivalrous and I&#39;ve noticed that people are too busy to even acknowledge what you&#39;ve done which is kinda irritating but nm, I do it cos thats how I&#39;ve been brought up, not cos I want to get praise or get in some lass&#39;s pants.

People do seem genuinely taken aback if you go out of your way to be polite, which is a sad reflection on how society is today.

It does annoy me though when you see women complaining about how men aren&#39;t gentlemen any more etc when they&#39;re not ladies either, women are just as selfish and ignorant as men are nowadays, there&#39;s very few genuinely decent people on either side of the gender barrier :(
[post=270654]Quoted post[/post]​
Thanks

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Okay, the Code of Gentleman Chivlary does NOT include: PMing, IMing, or emailing someone who has REPEATEDLY told you to fuck off&#33;&#33;&#33;

The people here who are agreeing with you are agreeing with the ideas presented, NOT with you behavior towards me. Most are unaware of it. I am going to make sure every single person reading this site knows how sick you are and that you continue to stalk me almost a year later. I hope no one ever treats someone YOU care about as horribly as you are treating me.

LeoTaylor has been stalking me privately and publicly for almost a year, please don&#39;t encourage him. It&#39;s been a nightmare. He&#39;s been banned repeatedly by Mark, and he keeps getting new ip addy&#39;s and getting through the blocks I&#39;ve set up to keep him away. Taking this to the group is my last choice, but apparently my only option. Fuck this guy.

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Jana, why don&#39;t you notify some good folks who can easily look up this creep&#39;s IP and knock on his door. While one can&#39;t universally generalize personality profiles, most police agencies profile these offenders as " young, lives with his parents or some other person with which he is financially dependant, has deep-seated social trouble relating with woman, has problems finding steady employment," and might very well, in my opinion, be into his own SPH (small penis humiliation).

Don&#39;t ruin your new year with this idiot. Act. All of us on this board hold you with the utmost respect as the best female representative (and large penis fan) here&#33;

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Originally posted by thirteenbyseven@Dec 31 2004, 03:34 PM
Jana, why don&#39;t you notify some good folks who can easily look up this creep&#39;s IP and knock on his door. While one can&#39;t universally generalize personality profiles, most police agencies profile these offenders as " young, lives with his parents or some other person with which he is financially dependant, has deep-seated social trouble relating with woman, has problems finding steady employment," and might very well, in my opinion, be into his own SPH (small penis humiliation).

Don&#39;t ruin your new year with this idiot. Act. All of us on this board hold you with the utmost respect as the best female representative (and large penis fan) here&#33;
[post=271157]Quoted post[/post]​
I second that motion&#33;&#33;&#33;

Jana is a lady. She deserves respect. She has earned it.

To Leo, I don&#39;t think you really want old fashioned chilvelry. Because in old fashioned chilvelry we men would take you behind the barn for reeducation theraphy probably with the old fashion razor strap.
No, I am not seriously suggesting this. But, in olden days, you would have gotten you butt busted big time by the men.

Now leave Jana alone. You have too many witnesses via the internet and everyone of us will testify as the record to how you have stalked her.

I don&#39;t think you really want to visit the penis forum in prison. Size there doesn&#39;t matter. Just an available butt hole and you certainly can provide one. You are one.

Leo, you are not worth spitting on.

And that comes from a basically kind and non judgemental person. I have not condemned you. You have condemned yourself. By their actions you shall know them. We don&#39;t want to know you.

Now go play with the big boys and leave the ladies alone.

BobLeeSwagger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by naughty@Dec 30 2004, 03:23 AM
Dear Aloofman,

I think this is a perfect example of where the women&#39;s movement has had some glitches. Yes, I think we are all fully aware of the fact that women are physically able to do things for themselves.I think though that we are talking about a step above equality.The term is graciousness and I think it applies on either side of the gender line and any variation in between. I too hold the door open for men if I have arrived first , many times they relieve me of it and I try to thank them graciously. Clearly .I think we have gotten to the point where more extreme examples of male mannerliness ( seating women, opening the car door, standing when a woman enter the room, giving ones seat to the elderly,walking on the curb side, men paying LOL&#33; ) have gone the way of the dinosaur . Almost to the point where not only is there an awkward pause but women who have for a generation at this point had to do it for themselves not responding graciously or even quite knowing how to react. I am sure it is disheartening to any man who dares continue in the "old school" way of doing things. What is worse is that I have witnessed jaw dropping examples of young men and women being absolutely uncouth to anyone who dares speak to them about simple courtesies such as giving ones seat to the elderly. I fully understand that we all do not come to the table with the same sets of rules. Dee made a very valid point about manners not being taught at home. This is a major downfall. I know this is the age of self serve, but there are still luxuries on either side of the gender line that we can afford one another without sacrificing who we are. Graciousness is one of them.

Naughty
[post=270796]Quoted post[/post]​

I think that&#39;s pretty much what I said, in fewer words. But I&#39;ve lost track of this thread by now. :blink:

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I was taught these same manners by my mother--who expects me to do these things-open doors for her, stand until she&#39;s seated, etc. I always do them for other people, but I find that for women my age, they&#39;re not sure what to do when I do them because most guys my age have no clue about proper manners and etiquette. Older ladies and gentlemen understand them and always will repsond with a "thank you" or a nod or some sort of gesture when some sort of thing is done. I find that it&#39;s usually wasted on someone of my age group, HOWEVER, I still do it, because it is the right thing to do--whether or not it&#39;s appreciated. That is what makes it chivalrous. Sometimes you get a strange look, but I don&#39;t mind. I know that I&#39;ve done the right thing.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
People, I have posted here on this thread which I thought was a serious thread and it has been for some of us. Be aware that the author of this thread does not practice chivalry and he is a stalker. I have been and several have been feeding this troll. Don&#39;t serve him dinner. Ignore him and any thread or post he starts or replies to no matter how innocent it appears.

If you see a copy of personal messages that he sends women on this forum you would understand. One copy is posted. I don&#39;t remember which thread or date sorry. But it definitely has the mark of a stalker.

IGNORE HIM

We have women here who have been stalked and had their life made hell. Practice real chivalry. Please.

Freddie

Ecchi

Experimental Member
Media
Freakin&#39; creepy. I swear, the stuff I see and hear on the net despairs me sometimes.

Jana (I just now realized everyone was referring to Zora when they said that ... durrr), do bear 13x7&#39;s advice in mind. This is going beyond simple internet trolling at this point. I am sorry you have to deal with it.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Unfortunately,

I believe the person in question thrives on attention of any sort so the longer we talk about, respond to, or mention his behavior the longer we are keeping him alive.

Prepstud,

Thank you for listening to your momma. I am sure it is much appreciated by those with enough understanding to figure out what you are trying to do.Unfortunately, I believe there are women who think that this type of behavior is infantilizing .However ,anyone who looks at it in the spirit with which it is being presented can graciously accept it and pass the graciousness forward.

Naughty