considering getting snipped

swingfun

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So my question is which has the better recovery time. The no scalpel or the conventional way? Would like to hear personal experience from those that have had these techniques used.

nicecircjob

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't know how mine was done, but however it was done is ok to me. I hope you have it done. I wouldn't want to be the other way anymore. I only wish it had been done when I was born. It would have saved me lots of grief growing up. Go for it and don't look back.

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Removing half the skin system from your penis is not a snip. Snip is a euphemism.
If you want to get circumcised, by all means, go for it, but know what you are getting into.

Astro

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
By all means look at all options......then please don't go do it! I won't repeat my posts on other threads, but they are there in ths section. Just leave alone unless there is a pressing medical reason for doing it advised by a doctor. If you have a choice, just let it be!

D

deleted257218

Hm I thought he was on about a vasectomy

Snozzle

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Reminds me of the man who went to the doctor and said "I want to be castrated."
The doctor said, "Are you sure?"
The man said, "Absolutely."
So the doctor booked him in and a few days later he woke up in a hospital bead with a pain where his nuts used to be, and the guy in the next bed said, "Hi, what are you here for?"
And the guy said "I've just been castrated."
The guy in the next bed said, "Heck, I've only been circumcised."
And the guy said "Circumcised! <facepalm!>"

HJ1958

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I've always thought the expression "snipped" referred to a vasectomy, not circumcision. I wouldn't think of a circumcision as a "snip" and wouldn't think it could be done no scapel.

Astro

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Didn't read carefully enough! Been horrified at the number of people discussing voluntary circumcision here and I was too quick to read the wrong thing! 'My bad!' as you say in the colonies!

swingfun

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes...meant a vasectomy. Anyway I guess there are several different ways. Just wondering which way is the quickest recovery. I'll ask my doctor. She should be up on all the latest techniques. I'm looking at this as a good thing as my wife and I swing and I don't want to get anyone pregnant...lol.

chr2

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I had mine 2.5 years ago -- easy, very little pain (although you quickly realize how many times you gently hit your balls each day, they will be very tender!).

I had two small cuts made in my sack, one on each side - then they just pull the core through the very small cut, cut and cauterize the vas' and you are away!

It you are done with having your kids, its a great move - lets you enjoy life much more!

HJ1958

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Now that you clarified a vasectomy, I'll throw in my two cents, for what it is worth. Easy procedure, very little pain (especially if you follow the doctors instructions) and a real relief knowing you no longer have the reproductive capabilities. It actually added a whole new demension to my sex life with women since you no longer have the worry of pregnancy hanging over you.

DavidXL

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I had the no-scalpel method done about 2 years ago. From my research at the time, it is by far the best method. Recovery was pretty quick. I had it done on a Friday morning before a long holiday weekend and took it easy for a few days. It was quick and mostly pain free. I had a 10 am appointment. I was called in about 10:05, and we were walking back out to the parking lot by about 10:25, which amazed me. My balls were black and blue for about 4 or 5 days. Ice kept the swelling down, and I had an ice pack on my balls for 2 - 3 days, which I really think helped speed the recovery. The "incision" was so small, it faded completely after about 6 months, and I can't even find it anymore.

Make sure you have someone drive you. I felt a little woozy afterwards (not from pain, but from stress, over-thinking things, and an abundence of sadness that my fertility was over).

Good luck!

Last edited:

prepky

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
had mine done in 2008 no scaple and at the time easy recovery or so i thought. About 3 weeks after having it done, I developed sever pain in the left side and minor discomfort on the right side, after many many many trips back to the urologist office complaining of pain (feels like being kicked in the balls) it was determined that either I live with it or have the epiditimus (sp) removed.......so i decided to live with it, enough had been taken away already. Fast forward to 2012 decided to revisit the urologist after doing some google research that determined that this paid happens a lot with vascotomies and reversal was an option for getting rid of the pain. He referred me to another urologist that specialized in reversals ( and said 40% of patients have this pain) and he went through the normal steps of steriod injections into the balls ect ect ect and then said reverals or I could see a dr in Florida that specializes in stripping the nerves off the testicles (gulp)....so now I am fighting with my insurance company to pay for the reversal because i had the vas done volunterialy even though the reversal is for pain and not fertility.....in my humble opinion DO NOT have it done based on my experience.

darkbond007

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
People here are just so overly obsessed with trying to convince people not to get circumcised that they fail to read the question adequately and just offer biased advice.

My only question to the OP would be do you have any kids as yet and are you fulfilled with that aspect of your life?

SR_Pepe_LePube

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I had two small cuts made in my sack, one on each side - then they just pull the core through the very small cut, cut and cauterize the vas' and you are away!

It you are done with having your kids, its a great move - lets you enjoy life much more!

I had the same procedure - no problems and as said having sex without the fear of pregnancy is a life changer.

bulldog4

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I had no scapel type. Recovery time a couple of days with some slight soreness. Wait at least 1 week before having sex. The boys will still be sore if your banging them around.