Desensitized Penis?

fastfastr: Is it possible that the newve endings on a penis get desensitized making it longer and harder to cum?

If so, does cutting back on J/O and other activity bring back the feeling.

I know that lasting for a long time is a good thing, but at the end you do want the release.

longtimelurker: 1 - Yes - hence why circumcision can be so controversial, as the unprotected glans gets desensitised

2 - Can't tell you 100%, but I believe so.

Tender: reminds me of SB :(
we did find out that he has low testosterone, so we are hoping correcting that will help.
he is cut.
he does not J/O, but he does have to use his hand to finish when we are together, because otherwise he cant feel anything, takes alot of stimulation.

he keeps going and going...hmm. nice for me :D
Tender

hung: Playing with other parts of the male body can help if the glans are desensitized. Fondle the balls and gently tickle the area near the anus. All this helps provide a release when you are drawing to the limit of your endurance and want that release.

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
For some of us who are so tightly cut (circumcised) the glans does get somewhat less sensitive through the years...(yes, hence the cut vs. uncut debate.)

There seems to be some credible evidence (from reading, other's experiences, etc.) that sensitivity WILL improve after a period of abstinence or reduced activity.

--that is, if some of us can go that long! ;)

Donk: [quote author=benderten2001 link=board=health;num=1069684910;start=0#4 date=11/25/03 at 22:25:12]
There seems to be some credible evidence (from reading, other's experiences, etc.) that sensitivity WILL improve after a period of abstinence or reduced activity.

--that is, if some of us can go that long!      ;)[/quote]

This discussion reminds me of that old Tootsie Pop commercial: How many days of abstinence does it take to re-sensitize the penis? One . . . two . . . three . . . three.

(U.S. members of a certain age--or TV Land Retro-Mercial watchers--will get this post. :) ).

seven5pluss: If personal experience counts  - I would say yes it becomes desensitized.  Cut and over 50 years it is not as sensitive.  When first married, my wife would complain that everything was over so fast.   Now she complains that I take so long - 20 - 40 minutes.  I'm not complaining.

Women - ever satisfied?  Oh, well.... that's another story....

I've tried to get my kids to NOT have their sons circumcised but they won't listen.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
[quote author=benderten2001 link=board=health;num=1069684910;start=0#4 date=11/25/03 at 22:25:12]For some of us who are so tightly cut (circumcised) the glans does get somewhat less sensitive through the years...(yes, hence the cut vs. uncut debate.)[/quote]
Interestingly, man has mutilated just about every part of his body. And in societies where circumcision is performed, uncircumcised men are - you guessed it - unclean. Same with women in cases of excision and infibulation. And not just sex, either; even accepting food from such a person is often taboo. But it seems unique to genital mutilations; the Chinese never considered women with unaltered feet unclean, for example.

iggy: a suggestion: before masturbating, use xylocane (generic:lidocane) ointment but also cream will do. This is the one used in dental procedures. Apply the cream not so thick not so thin and leave for 15-20 mins or until u cant feel your penis anymore. It can last for up to 2 hours... feeling s great when masturbating...

Donk: [quote author=iggy link=board=health;num=1069684910;start=0#10 date=01/08/04 at 09:01:23]a suggestion: before masturbating, use xylocane (generic:lidocane) ointment but also cream will do. This is the one used in dental procedures. Apply the cream not so thick not so thin and leave for 15-20 mins or until u cant feel your penis anymore.  It can last for up to 2 hours... feeling s great when masturbating...

[/quote]

I'm not following this. Making your penis numb so you can't even feel it makes masturbating feel great? I apparently have had the concept of masturbation backwards all these years!

jerkin4-10: a little off topic, but jonb...wasnt the fact that they had unaltered feet....but merely the SIZE of the shoe that the women could wear...mainly women of status...they would put small girls feet in solid strong shoes and never take them off...the bones and stuff would bend and be malformed and stuff...of course they couldnt walk and had to be carried everywhere...but they had these little dainty shoes hiding these groteskly malformed feet...

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
GOLDEN LEGACY: The old Chinese custom of foot binding

In the tenth century in China, a prince began the practice of foot binding because he loved the small 'lily feet' of his concubine. Thus traditional Chinese values for over 1000 years dictated that the feet of young girls should be bound to keep them smal l. 'Lily feet', as they were called, were thought to be very dainty and beautiful and a symbol of gentility and high-class. Although the term sounded harmless, it was really very cruel. It began when a girl was between three and eleven years old. First h er foot was washed in hot water and massaged. Then the child's toes were turned under and pressed against the bottom of her foot. The arches were broken as the foot was pulled straight with the leg, and a long narrow cotton bandage would be tightly wound around the foot from the toes to the ankle to hold the toes in place.

After two or three years, a girl's feet actually shrank -- until they could fit into shoes just three inches long. This resulted in feet that were very deformed and unbearably painful to walk on. Sometimes the toes even fell off, because blood could no lo nger reach them. Besides identifying women of gentility or high-class, it prevented women from "wandering," since the bound with bound feet was unable to walk unassisted, and even going a short distance was very painful. These women had to walk with very short mincing steps and could stand only with great difficulty.

Tiny 3-inch-long shoes, called 'lotus shoes', were made of silk and were beautifully embroidered. In the upper classes in China, a good marriage wound be impossible to arrange if the girl had "big ugly feet." The practice of foot binding continued in Chin a for over 1000 years until the Manchu Dynasty was toppled in 1911 and the new republic was formed. Foot binding was then outlawed.

Few Chinese women and girls who came to California had their feet bound as small children in China, but those who did had to spend their lives with the tiny useless feet. However, many of them did manage to walk and could do light household tasks and cook ing. Sometimes, the young girls would have the bindings removed and often their feet would grow enough to permit normal walking. Most of these people migrated to San Francisco and other cities where the upper class Chinese ran lucrative businesses.

Women from the peasant and working classes did not have their feet bound as children because if was necessary for them to be able to work in the home and fields. As these were more frequently the women who came to America, most of the immigrant women did not have bound feet. Most of the Chinese who migrated to the Santa Clara Valley were form this class.

(NOTE: The San Jose Historical Museum has a pair of 'lotus shoes' on display in the Ng Shing Gung located on the museum grounds. The shoes are three inches long, the actual size used. The students may see them when they visit the museum, or refer to #6 on the Slide Set included with this curriculum kit.)

From: http://www.thai-d.com/siam-china/bound feet/lesson.htm

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
[quote author=jerkin4-10 link=board=health;num=1069684910;start=0#12 date=01/09/04 at 07:42:58]a little off topic, but jonb...wasnt the fact that they had unaltered feet....but merely the SIZE of the shoe that the women could wear...mainly women of status...they would put small girls feet in solid strong shoes and never take them off...the bones and stuff would bend and be malformed and stuff...of course they couldnt walk and had to be carried everywhere...but they had these little dainty shoes hiding these groteskly malformed feet...[/quote]
The deformed feet were a sign of status, IIRC.

jerkin4-10: well done pecker... :) when i was in school...i saw a picture drawn on papyrus of one of these ladies of status' feet...wow...what a mess...amazing what people think is 'pretty'...

spork: For the circumcised guys who are losing sensitivity, try using a condom to protect the glans during the day. Don't unroll it all the way, just enough to cover the head and stay on.

If you aren't cut tightly, you can pull the foreskin up over the head first, which works even better. In this situation you can also just use that white first-aid tape or a band-aid to hold the skin over the glans.

Try it for a week or so and see what happens.

iggy: [quote author=Donk link=board=health;num=1069684910;start=0#11 date=01/09/04 at 05:40:25]

I'm not following this. Making your penis numb so you can't even feel it makes masturbating feel great? I apparently have had the concept of masturbation backwards all these years!
[/quote]

donk

with all due respect, using lidocane is only skin deep. it is topical. it is not like anaesthesia that that is injected that you cannot feel anything. Actually, lidocaine is effective only in mucous membranes but not in intact tissue. Leaving it on the skin surface will allow the solution to penetrate subcutaneous. In contrast to your idea, you will feel that you are masturbating but you will not be near ejaculation for quite some time...

btw, is desentisizing penis used to delay (longer and hader to cum) ejaculation...

cheers,
iggy

(read the subject...)

TechnoTed: Some time ago, several of us at the gym were discussing favorite positions and methods in the dry sauna when this subject came up. One guy said he massages in a couple of drops of Oil of Wintergreen into his cock while in the shower and that super-sensitizes his whole cock and cockhead (no, I haven't tried that; I don't need it.) 8) Besides, my wife doesn't like anything in her vagina that's hot (not even my Binaca Blast that I use for a breath freshener, although I like her to use it when giving me oral). :-*
Another interesting method mentioned was using a snake bite venom extractor with one of the larger cups at the sensitive places on and around the glans head. A small empty soft plastic bottle, like travel size shampoo or perhaps Astroglide could also be used. I use them as nipple-suckers on my nips before sex to super-sensitive them. When having sex with her on top and she starts sucking on one of my nipples, its big 'O' ecstasy time for me. :p

Donk: [quote author=iggy link=board=health;num=1069684910;start=0#17 date=01/12/04 at 08:26:56]

donk

with all due respect, using lidocane is only skin deep. it is topical. it is not like anaesthesia that that is injected that you cannot feel anything. Actually, lidocaine is effective only in mucous membranes but not in intact tissue. Leaving it on the skin surface will allow the solution to penetrate subcutaneous. In contrast to your idea, you will feel  that you are masturbating but you will not be near ejaculation for quite some time...

btw, is desentisizing penis used to delay (longer and hader to cum) ejaculation...

cheers,
iggy

(read the subject...)[/quote]

It wasn't my idea. You're the one that said it would make it to where "u can't feel your penis anymore," and that's what I was going off of. I appreciate your clarification. It makes more sense now.