Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Reference the comedian "Monique" and her stand up show where she expresses some amusement at the fact that white people call a dick a "cock". Her opinion appears to be that dick is the proper term and cock is a bit strange and amusing.

Reactions: SoCalGuy91

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I don't think there's a difference, it's all down to personal preference what you say. Dick as a word for penis is used much less here in the UK, than in the States. In fact, when I come to think about it, I think I've only ever heard black Brits call their penis their dick.

I am from an older generation here in the States and must confess that my experience exactly parallels yours! I have heard only black men call their penis a dick! To me dick is an euphemism for penis, rather than an acceptable slang terminology such as cock!:wink:

06style

Experimental Member
Media
Yo....most of the "bruhs" call it a dick.....cock is usally seen as a white term....When a blackman tells me to "suck his dick" you better believe...I know what he means.....don't get me wrong...."cock" is good too. But yo...tell me to "ride dis dick"....it sexy as hell... Cock or dick....its all the same.

EuroboyUS

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I used to use the word dick a lot more when I was younger (like high school age). Now I tend to use the work cock...it just seems more grown up and manly. I agree that cock does have a more sexual connotation than dick. I almost always say cock when I am having sex or talking about a penis in a sexual way, and using that word tends to make me hornier. I will also use cock to refer to a penis if I am with a group of guy friends, but if I am around my girl friends I tend to say dick.

The guy I'm dating is English and calls it a willy...even when we're in bed...that word is just a little too juvenile for me, but his "willy" is amazing, so I am willing to overlook it.

penis= sounds small negative, scientific terms, little boy, sexual putdown
dick= a large flaccid male adult, or hard average , sexual
cock= hard and large, has a lil more sexual meaning to it

dexman

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I was just wondering...
Once I heard it explained that "dick" refers to an underdeveloped penis on a young boy or an adolescent, whereas "cock" refers to a fully developed, long, thick, juicy penis on an adult male stud.

Now there's a visual for ya! :biggrin1:

I think "dick", aside from it's use as an expression for a private eye or detective, is more of a derogatory term in general, where as "cock", aside from it's meaning of a male chicken, has an almost exclusively sexual connotation for a man's penis; "a fully developed, long, thick, juicy penis on an adult male stud." :tongue:

I tend to use the word "dick" in more polite company, and "cock" when I want to be more crude or graphic.

I actually love the English euphemisms, "Tallywhacker" and "John-Thomas".

"Swap your Willy for a Jerry."
--Campaign slogan for Jerry Brown, Mayor of Oakland

B_Hung Muscle

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
penis= sounds small negative, scientific terms, little boy, sexual putdown
dick= a large flaccid male adult, or hard average , sexual
cock= hard and large, has a lil more sexual meaning to it

Word!

Cock is a hot sexy term... Quinum, your's could be called nothing but big hard hot COCK!!

Toolsukr

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Cock

The best goddamn thing in the world. If I could, I'd ride one all day long.

The male reproductive organ. Used as a secondairy brain at times.

Dick

Slang for penis and usually is a stick of intense pleasure.

The male penis. also known as a johnson, joe, burgen, cock, ross

I prefer cock myself.