Do REAL Straight guys actually still wear Tighty Whities?

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
I don't care what people or society thinks. I've worn white briefs for most of my 24 years of living as well did my brothers and father. Age has nothing to do with it nor sexual preference. Im straight and serving in the Marines and I can tell you without a doubt that more than 50% of my command wears briefs, and 40 % wear boxer briefs and the rest are boxes or whatever.

Some of your fellow Marines wear BOXES?? Seems uncomfortable...:biggrin1:

On other matters, did you ever encounter or hear of "Jack shacks"--makeshift cheap building designed to give military guys on tour of duty a place to jack off?

MarrMilguy206

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Im sure that he meant Boxers. I can attest to what he said. Not alot of military guys wear boxers. I wear what I want, my kids have their choice and they wear the same so its a peesonal choice, not whats "cool" or trendy.

Reddhott

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Tightie Whities have a mental connection for me of "dad" undies. So... Fat old guy undies. Sooooo not sexy. But I gotta say, seeing some of the pics here of guys in their briefs? I have rethought the not sexy view. Some of you guys got it goin' on :)

stehay

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't care what people or society thinks. I've worn white briefs for most of my 24 years of living as well did my brothers and father. Age has nothing to do with it nor sexual preference. Im straight and serving in the Marines and I can tell you without a doubt that more than 50% of my command wears briefs, and 40 % wear boxer briefs and the rest are boxes or whatever.

Further evidence that young guys are going back to briefs and that boxers are now out of style

MuscledHorse

Superior Member
Media
Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Here in Tennessee the straight guys I see often wear the traditional white briefs or a very near color variant pin the style. Some also wear plain boxers I can spot a gay or bi guy everyone by their designer underwear tgat shows of what they are packing either with a pouch brief/boxer brief or boxer brands you know they didnt get at Walmart or Target, etc. I have never met a gay guy anywhere that wore tighty-whities.

Uncutsouthernboy

Superior Member
Media
At the gym, I see lots of T-Ws and tighty- coloreds on all ages. I still see quite a bit of boxers and boxer briefs. I see lots of freeballers too.

What bothers me are the ones that still wear silky bikini underwear. I guess they have been wearing them since the 70s and still think they are sexy.

gr8dik

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
My guess is that most straight guys wear whatever "wifey" buys!

For the record: I am not straight. I cannot abide anything "tight", mostly because my balls are big and they will begin to hurt after awhile if they can't "drop". Commando is preferable, but, living in West Michigan, sometimes it is necessary to have an extra layer of warmth!

wildcat16

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I don't think wearing tighty whities makes you straight or gay anymore than wearing jockstrap does, as is the question in another post.
I know several "farm boys" that you can count on they are always wearing white briefs, tight blue jeans and boots. I can assure you they are as straight as an arrow. I had a few teammates that wore white briefs on the football team, I am sure were straight.
We have these nylon spandex white briefs the coach bought for us to wear anytime we wrestle in a white singlet, personally I don't like them and usually (to the coaches dismay) still wear my jock. If its a big time tourney were parts are likely to be televised or filmed I might wear a pair of thin white trunks over my jock to keep the lines from being as obvious (more to make coach happy).
So now that I think of it, wearing tight whites almost guarantees the guy is straight, I don't know a single gay guy who would be caught dead in them--skimpier white briefs maybe, but not regular white briefs typically described as tighty whities.

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
I don't think wearing tighty whities makes you straight or gay anymore than wearing jockstrap does, as is the question in another post.
I know several "farm boys" that you can count on they are always wearing white briefs, tight blue jeans and boots. I can assure you they are as straight as an arrow. I had a few teammates that wore white briefs on the football team, I am sure were straight.
We have these nylon spandex white briefs the coach bought for us to wear anytime we wrestle in a white singlet, personally I don't like them and usually (to the coaches dismay) still wear my jock. If its a big time tourney were parts are likely to be televised or filmed I might wear a pair of thin white trunks over my jock to keep the lines from being as obvious (more to make coach happy).
So now that I think of it, wearing tight whites almost guarantees the guy is straight, I don't know a single gay guy who would be caught dead in them--skimpier white briefs maybe, but not regular white briefs typically described as tighty whities.

This just goes to show how complex this is. LOTS of gay guys wear tighty whites, but lots do not.
I applaud you for wearing a jockstrap under your singlet, and I'm mystified why your coach would have a problem with that. I also think you're wise to wear a wrestling brief over it in big tournaments if it makes your coach uncomfortable. SOME of us think wearing a jockstrap for wrestling is the right thing to do! (I can't imagine why wrestlers wear nothing!)

Reactions: omoshiroino

Camaronight

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I don't think that wearing any kind of underwear can make you gay or straight. Jockstraps included. It seems as though more and more guys are leaving boxers to go back to briefs or into boxer briefs. I think more guys both straight and gay would be wearing more tighty whities(or colors) if boxer briefs weren't around.

cloverleaf

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Among guys at gym, t-w are the favorite underwear to workout in with color briefs a distant second. Hardly anybody wears boxers (some boxer briefs though) under gym shorts. After showering t-w are the choice for the day of many. In general, boxer wearing for the day is down in my estimation. I can't quantify specifically because I haven't paid close attention. Having seen literally hundreds of guys naked or in underwear each year in the locker room, I note, in reference to other threads, I have seen not one jock strap in the past several years. Compression shorts rule for guys who want to hold the triad firmly in place. For most, the gentle support of briefs is adequate. Boxers are just not popular for support reasons partly and because they don't protect you from view on the 30 degree incline board doing crunches if you are wearing mesh shorts. Before I started going to gym daily ten years ago I wore boxers. Once I became a gym rat, I did not want to keep track of two types of underwear so I switched to briefs totally. I have at most a couple pairs of boxers now which get use at the desperate end of the laundry cycle. So, t-w are worn by lots if straight and, presumably, gay guys too. In fact, I suspect many straight guys would stay away from color briefs because they are fashion underwear and that seems kinda stereotypically gay.

mdlindqu

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I would only say wearing a thong as a male is questionable. A jockstrap outside of sports is also rather questionable.

I like TW, colored designer briefs, thongs and Jock Straps and also like to see other hot guys wearing the same.

You should try a thong or jock (designer brand), the feel great on and are very comfy.

xmarksbreakdownx

Superior Member
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I feel I may have a better answer for this thread after reading the comments.

(Keep in mind, I'm just giving my opinion based on what I have observed over the years. There is no right or wrong answer. Everyone is different.)

GENERALLY, I've noticed gay guys wear desginer trunks (skimpy boxer briefs) and briefs. No Hanes/FTL white briefs.

Older straight men and younger "country boys" are mostly the ones who wear Hanes/FTL white brifs. Sometimes Hispanic construction workers too.

Now as for straight men, generally boxers, and boxer briefs. Generally Hanes or FTL. It's easy to tell a guy who wants to impress the ladies (or his gf buys his underwear... Or finds himself really sexy.) because they wear desginer boxer briefs.

Black straight guys (I am a black man. Calm down.) are really into Polo Ralph Lauren boxer briefs/boxers I'm guessing because rappers wear them. I don't know.

Then, there's American Eagle. I've noticed straight and guy guys wearing American Eagle boxers and boxer briefs. Generally, the boxer briefs are more of a gay thing.

Personally, I am bi, and I wear Hanes and Fruit of the Loom boxers, Hanes, Fruit of the Loom, and Jockey boxer briefs. I may have something outside of that, but generally that's it.

As far as what I find attractive, generally anything other than non-desginer boxers and boxer briefs are a turn off. Desginer under just seems to... Well, gay. The straight guys I know who so wear desginer underwear normally are really full of themselves.

As far as briefs go (any briefs) white ones make me think of children, and older out-of-shape men. Neither of which I find sexy.

All that being said, I've seen guys who make Calvins look really sexy, and guys who make white briefs look sexier than hell. But, most of the time, it's a turn off.

Keep in mind, this is just my opinion from what I observe.

Last edited:

Hatt_101

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think this is kind of a stupid question I mean wearing tighty whiteys has nothing to with being straight or gay it's about comfort. But to answer the question I'm a straight guy and no I don't wear them I only wear boxers, been wearing boxers since like gr 5 because I found briefs to be too tight. I wear them because they are more comfortable not because in straight I'm sure many gay guys wear boxers as well.

Hatt_101

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think you are over complicating it as a straight black male I have never owned any of those brands you mentioned I don't buy boxer because it's stylish or whatever I buy what fits. I couldn't even tell you what brand I was wearing right now. Again that's just me tho
I feel I may have a better answer for this thread after reading the comments.

(Keep in mind, I'm just giving my opinion based on what I have observed over the years. There is no right or wrong answer. Everyone is different.)

GENERALLY, I've noticed gay guys wear desginer trunks (skimpy boxer briefs) and briefs. No Hanes/FTL white briefs.

Older straight men and younger "country boys" are mostly the ones who wear Hanes/FTL white brifs. Sometimes Hispanic construction workers too.

Now as for straight men, generally boxers, and boxer briefs. Generally Hanes or FTL. It's easy to tell a guy who wants to impress the ladies (or his gf buys his underwear... Or finds himself really sexy.) because they wear desginer boxer briefs.

Black straight guys (I am a black man. Calm down.) are really into Polo Ralph Lauren boxer briefs/boxers I'm guessing because rappers wear them. I don't know.

Then, there's American Eagle. I've noticed straight and guy guys wearing American Eagle boxers and boxer briefs. Generally, the boxer briefs are more of a gay thing.

Personally, I am bi, and I wear Hanes and Fruit of the Loom boxers, Hanes, Fruit of the Loom, and Jockey boxer briefs. I may have something outside of that, but generally that's it.

As far as what I find attractive, generally anything other than non-desginer boxers and boxer briefs are a turn off. Desginer under just seems to... Well, gay. The straight guys I know who so wear desginer underwear normally are really full of themselves.

As far as briefs go (any briefs) white ones make me think of children, and older out-of-shape men. Neither of which I find sexy.

All that being said, I've seen guys who make Calvins look really sexy, and guys who make white briefs look sexier than hell. But, most of the time, it's a turn off.

Keep in mind, this is just my opinion from what I observe.