Do you dress to the right or the left?

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by Reese, Jun 26, 2010.

?

Which way do you position your package in your pants?

1. I dress to the left.

68 vote(s)
    53.5%
  2. I dress to the right.

42 vote(s)
    33.1%
  3. Either way, doesn't matter.

17 vote(s)
    13.4%
  1. Reese

Reese New Member

Just curious as to the statistics on this as I've always assumed the vast majority of peeps stuff their genitals down the left trouser leg - i.e. "dressing to the left" - and that dressing to the right was rather rare.

I dress to the left but just earlier today learned that my wife dresses to the right (how rare! erm, I assume) when she had to get up to make a genital adjustment in her jeans (which is what prompted me asking her).

Thus, I'll be interested to see the outcome on this little poll re: everyone else...

Cheers,
    ~Reese! :~)

2. thetramp

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    I dress to the left, and i heard that the reason for this being more common is the way jeans are build, i think it was levi's who made it that way and it hasn't been changed,

As far as women are concerned, isn't it the case that everything goes the other way?
    I mean on a blouse the buttons are on the other side compared to a mans shirt, same with jackets, the buttons of pants or the belt buckle.

3. D_stryhtfg

D_stryhtfg New Member

I wear underwear with a pouch...my penis is front and center.

4. B_RoysToy

B_RoysToy New Member

Since the slit in the fly opens to the right, the right handed dude can reach in and feel for his penis easier when it's hanging on the left thigh than having to bend it if hanging to the right. Reasonable?

5. comically

comically New Member

Albums:
    My package automatically goes to the left and I agree that most trousers are tailored to accommodate dressing to the left. Had some clothes tailored in Singapore once - one of those places where they can whip up a suit in just an hour or so at very low pricess - but found the trousers most uncomfortable. Took me a while to work it out, but the tailoring was forcing me to dress to the right and neither my balls nor my cock were at all comfortable. Assumption - Singaporeans dress to the right, perhaps, or else they don't hang either way at all. Certainly their local condoms are on the tight and small side. Anyway, on subsequent visits I have made a point of emphasising to tailors that I want allowance made for left-hand dressing. I also ensure I take larger size condoms with me. Once you've struggled into an Indonesian or Malay condom, you no longer feel like sex at all!!!

6. oldredneck1

oldredneck1 Member

Not enough choices. I dress cock left and hanging balls right. More room for everything that way.

7. D_Wally Walnuts

D_Wally Walnuts New Member

I dress to the right because it curves to the right...or is it vice versa?

8. prepstudinsc

Gold Member

To quote a song, "To the left, to the left..."

9. Countryguy63

Countryguy63 New Member

Albums:
    I had to put either way. If it was worded "usually", it probably would be "left", but I dress "right" enough that it wouldn't exactly be true.

10. Mr_Bulldog

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    No matter how I arrange the little bastard he always makes his way to the left leg.

11. unclewilco

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Left. Right just feels wrong. In the middle (if I have tighter underwear) just isn't comfortable. So I put it out to the left anyway. This left feels right, one could say. I'm done punning now.

12. catman

Gold Member

right handed= hang left, easier to reach 'over'

13. MagnumXL22

MagnumXL22 New Member

i dress pointing my cock up gives me more room for my balls. I wear a jock and it stays up and if i happen to get a hard on while i'm in pants, it's not as painful. If i dress my cock to the right or left, my balls get pinched. I'd like to see underwear made for the man with a very large penis, until then i wear a jock

14. marc1961

marc1961 New Member

I have a big massieve right ball, the left one is half big as the right one.
    Mine penis curved to the right, so I am a right hanger.

15. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    I wear boxers, so there is nothing to keep my dick in place. My penis bends slightly to the left. If I position it on the right side, it points almost straight down. When it slides over to the left, it will point to the 3:00 position and invariably gets hard from the motion of rubbing on my pants.

http://www.lpsg.org/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/253089/cat/500/ppuser/145819

16. Deno

Gold Member

Albums:
    I try to be neutral in everything I do. Besides my pants no longer are worn at a levels that makes this an issue. 34 inseams once were like high water pants for me now I need a belt to stop from stepping on the cuffs. I think it is because I no longer wear jeans (and the location of my belly). My job has me comfortable now in dress pants, who would have thought.

17. lilbear

lilbear Member

I have always dressed to the right. I'm left-handedcso it is just easier to reach in and grab my dick when it is to the right. After many years, I tried moving it to the left and as mentioned, it just felt uncomfortable.

18. ck85x65

ck85x65 New Member

It is my understanding that the majority of men are right-handed.
    It is also therefore my understanding that left-handed men are in the minority.

It is my understanding that IF one is getting a 'bespoke" suit (that is, one entirely custom made by a skilled tailor, that at some point in the multiple fittings, when the tailor will take into account that one of your shoulders is lower than the other, one of your arms is longer than the other, one of your hips is lower than the other, and one of your legs is longer than the other) they will, discreetly, ask "which way you dress".

The answer will then cause the tailor to alter the trousers of your suit to accommodate the larger portion of your bulge on one side, so that the trousers fit properly.

Nowadays, the talented tailors have died off, and the few remaining men who get custom made suits are few and far between, since the cost of a custom made suit has risen exponentially over the past few decades. Typically, a fully custom made suit can easily exceed four to five thousand dollars, based upon the materials used, and the quality of the tailor.

HOWEVER, it doesn't change my initial comments about the majority of men being right handed, and to this day, a number of manufacturers of jeans and slacks actually cut their pants patterns to accommodate the need for a little more material on the the left side of the pant leg ... because that is the leg most (right-handed) guys choose to stuff their dick down along with their balls (and it is the right hand they use to haul out their cocks to piss).

Case in point, you want to show a bigger bulge ? Stuff your junk down the RIGHT pant leg ... it's a little more snug and revealing that way.

Archaic, but true.

You're welcome.

19. bluepony

bluepony Member

The above comment makes sense to me. I have questioned the validity of so many left dicks in that 90% of the time if a guy has vpl it is to the right. Maybe this helps explain?

20. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Always to the right.

And, reasoning aside (the above poster referenced) as an inveterate crotch watcher, I've noticed that in general, the larger bulges tend to be on the right for whatever reason. :dunno:

#20 B_Nick8, Jun 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2010