Do you know what i say to pro-lifers?

Bardox

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I say "If you think a fetus is more important than a woman, try getting a fetus to wash the shit stains out of your underwear. For no pay and no pension."

~This gem brought to you by the mind of George Carlin. You are missed wise sage.

Chrysippus

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Note to extremists: the following is a personal opinion and not an attack on your values. If you don't agree with me, look for somewhere else to direct your attention.

I think to myself that if Americans really thought abortions were murders regularly committed on a large scale, there would be insurrection and civil upheaval. Since that hasn't happened, I think that the most Americans don't believe that terminating a fetus is murder.

I think to myself that fetuses are not viable, couldn't independently sustain what abortion opponents call life, but which I think is biological development, that needs more parental care after parturition to attain viability any other species.

So what I REALLY think is that if abortion opponents cared about children, there wouldn't be a single orphanage or foster home in this country (there wouldn't be any children without a home), that living children would really get the attention that armchair abortion opponents misdirect to fetuses. I think that the 'faith-ers' should put their money where their mouths are and help children that are already here and need parental/familial care.

But Colonel, I like the humor expressed in your post.

Greysun

Expert Member
Media
I've only ever had such an occasion once. My cousin had an abortion. I was her hand to hold during her counselling and the whole ordeal as her Ex disappeared when she told him. (swear I will strangle him if I see him again) I only responded once to one particularly annoying bible thumper who would stand a scream bible verses. I ignored him until one day he spit on her. "Are you giving birth? Are you going to raise it? Are you going to pay for it's every need and want?... Then shut thy stanky mouth hole lest I rip thee a new ass hole!" While I was saying this, we were sharing an intense glare... I picked his keys from his pocket. (misspent youth) Tossed the keys in a sewer grate when we came out. Still have the key ring. Little victories. Those are some of the cruelest people I have ever seen. As if it isn't hard enough.

you raise the fuckin kid.

There is a place for abortion, but it does represent taking a life.

ColonelLingus, your remark, is neither humorous nor well thought out. If you have sex and make a kid it is no small matter. It’s not like eating BBQ, then dealing with a stomach upset. And the least defensible position to take is that a child you are responsible for creating would be too big a drag on your selfish life.

I have an acquaintance that now takes care of seven different kids who are not hers. Their parents have thrown them away, but there is not a single one of them who does not have the right to be here. And every single one of them will live to love and beloved by other people and have all made the world a better place.

ColonelLingus, if you want to get your ass in the air about something, focus on the bureaucratic nightmare (in the US) that keeps unwanted kids from being adopted into loving families.

Reactions: trjnhrs9

Well, on the flip-side, why shouldn't it be? That's the OP's intent. I'm pretty sure your aquaintance receives assistance from the county to help with her Foster Kids.

Yes, she does receive some. So are you saying this cost justifies abortion?

Reactions: malakos

ClintHardBall

Experimental Member
Media
It' sad to see these comments coming from the very same people that in most cases would not agree with the death penalty for a convicted murderer. So to clear the air it's ok to kill a child but not ok to put to death someone who commits murder. Just so I understand, can someone explain the logic???

Where is the personal responsibility? I agree that in cases of rape and a confirmed medical condition there should be the option for abortion. But as another form of birth control really??? As a society we have lost the value of human life and are more focused on what Bruce Jenner is wearing.

Can we now finally defund Planned Parenthood.

Reactions: Jjz1109 and malakos

jaap_stam

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
It' sad to see these comments coming from the very same people that in most cases would not agree with the death penalty for a convicted murderer. So to clear the air it's ok to kill a child but not ok to put to death someone who commits murder. Just so I understand, can someone explain the logic???

Where is the personal responsibility? I agree that in cases of rape and a confirmed medical condition there should be the option for abortion. But as another form of birth control really??? As a society we have lost the value of human life and are more focused on what Bruce Jenner is wearing.

Can we now finally defund Planned Parenthood.

Planned parenthood is more than just abortions. It also provides services to help families prepare for being parents...

Reactions: bwhip1011

ClintHardBall

Experimental Member
Media
ok then just remove the abortion services or reduce funding by about 30%. Or start implementing capital punishment quicker so we can reduce cost there to offset the PP funding.

Klingsor

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I value the life of a fetus WAAAAAAYYYYYYY more than a criminal that should be put to death for their crimes.

And if we speed up the capital punishment process, we'll be sure to execute more of the falsely convicted.

Serves them right for not being a fetus.