Do you think height or hand size in indicative of penis size?

Is a males height or hand size indicative of his penis size?

• Yes (Height)

Votes: 10 13.7%
  • No (Height)

Votes: 13 17.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • Yes (Hand size)

Votes: 22 30.1%
  • No (Hand size)

Votes: 9 12.3%

• Total voters

D_Iskepee_Longwoodee

Sexy Member
Media
I know this has been posted here somewhere before....but it seems that there were a few posts recently that sounded as if some people believe a taller person has a larger penis. I myself don't believe this to be true...especially because I am only 5'10" and I know shorter guys who are more hung than I and taller friends of mine who are less endowed... Now how about hand size? My hands are medium in size, or at least that is the size glove I wear... :)

Sorry I meant to make this a multiple choice poll...

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yup, it's been covered before. :rolleyes:

However, since you asked so nicely: Neither hand size, height, foot size, nor nose size is an accurate indicator of penis size. As near as I can tell it's a crap shoot. :tongue:

rimmer9

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
5'8" with a hand span of 9" (i consider my hands to be small to average). 5 to 6" soft and just over 8.5" x 6.25" cir. erect.

rope9839

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
THe guy with the biggest penis I have ever seen also had size 8 feet. We used to make fun of his feet. His hands were small too - I remember his thumbs being almost freakishly short. Of course he had the great equalizer.

B_superlarge

Experimental Member
Media
This has been studied indepth at Thundersplace. The penis size poll chart there of over 2500 guys closely matches doctors' studies, so it's reasonable to think Thundersplace's height vs penis size chart is also going to be credible. With about 1500 in a height vs penis size poll the results indicate that height is moderately (not weak or strong) correlated with penis size. The average difference isn't much -with guys of average height being 1/8 of an inch longer than short guys, and tall guys being 1/8 of an inch longer than guys of average height (therefore tall guys 1/4" longer than short guys). That's not much of a difference, though still a difference. Where the correlation turned up more evident is amongst the outlier penis sizes. In other words, taller guys are significantly more likely to have a big penis than short guys, with average height guys falling inbetween. And short guys significantly more likely to have a short penis than tall guys are, with guys of average height falling inbetween. All in all the correlation is of moderate strength.

Sizesurvey ran a poll with over 3100 guys and it's results show a strong correlation between height and penis size. However, Thundersplace's showing it to be of moderate relativity should be considered more reliable since Thundersplace's polls have been shown to be credible. So sizesurvey's result is an indication a correlation does exist, but the level of correlation is indicated as stronger than the correlation really is, as polls such as that are typically prone to some exaggeration.

There have been a couple of very small doctor studies years back, and ABC news and such reported that no correlation was found. However, that is not what each doctor actually said. The doctors said there was not a lot of relationship and therefore unreliable as an indicator. The doctors did not present any charts, the samplings were about 50 in one and 100 in the other. If they only looked at the overall average and only saw about 1/8" between the heights then yes that could be stated as not much difference. With such a small sampling they may not have even looked at the outliers. Since no charts were presented one can only speculate, but ABC news didn't let that lack of detail keep them from running with and adjusting what the doctors had actually said.

As far as hands are concerned, I'm aware of a doctor study that indicated a strong (I'm thinking it said strong) correlation between the index finger and penis size. I'll find the study if anyone insists.

Thundersplace also has a shoe size vs penis size study. The overall correlation is weak (but does exist) and the outliers correlation is moderate.

Polls such as this thread asking people if there is a correlation or not is almost completely useless info. People don't know. Many people typically respond with isolated instances as their evidence as to whether a correlation exists or not. The problem is that correlations can't be determined to exist or not exist by isolated instances, and if one exists it can't be determined how strong or weak the correlation is from such posts.

I'm someone who has looked into this subject far more indepth than people usually do. I type out these posts but I do wonder why I bother. Those who believe a correlation doesn't exist will continue in their ignorance, completely unphased.

Here is a bigger study that indicated "highly correlated". It didn't make it into the news.
Penile length and circumference: a study on 3,300 ...[Eur Urol. 2001] - PubMed Result
OBJECTIVE: The knowledge of normal variations in the size of male external genitalia is of considerable interest to several disciplines. We carried out an extensive study in young Italian males to provide estimates of normal variations of penile dimensions. METHODS: The penile length in flaccid and stretched states and the penile circumference were measured in a random group of 3,300 young men aged 17-19 years and free from endocrine disorders and from congenital or acquired abnormalities of the penis. In a random sample of 325 subjects of the same set of people, penile length and circumference were also correlated with weight and height. Statistical analysis was performed with the Sperman test, because our data were not normally distributed as tested by the Kolmogorov-Smirnov test (p < 0.01). RESULTS: The median values of penile dimensions recorded in the present study are flaccid length 9.0 cm, flaccid circumference, at the middle of the shaft, 10.0 cm, and stretched length 12.5 cm. We also observed that the penile dimensions are highly correlated with height and weight. CONCLUSIONS: Since penile length and circumference correlate with anthropometric parameters such as weight and height, we suggest to consider themselves as two bodily measures which display a wide extent of normal variability along the general population.

D

deleted213967

The poll answers are illogical. The answers "No. Both" and "Yes. Both" are missing.

ThreeLegs

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah, as njqt466 (and others) mentioned, it's been covered numerous times before and been proven pretty well inconclusive, but just to humor you, if there was a correlation, I'd be the stereotypical poster child. Big hands, big nose, big ears, big feet, 6'6", and as my avatar points out, a third leg. What I've always wanted to know is what hormone in the body actually causes genital growth and why doesn't it seem to affect the growth of the rest of the body in a similar manner?

horneyoldguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
You cock size, like your hand size, foot size, and overall height are all the result of the genes you inherited from your parents. So if you have large cocks in your family there is a good probability that you will have a large cock. The same goes for hand sizes and overall height. If you don't understand this you need to go back and take high school biology all over again.

shyguyftl

Sexy Member
Media
I agree with njqt466 . It is a case by case situation. In my own life. I am 6'3 and am 8x8. My father, who did not inherit the same size, says his father had the same size equipment (balls too) as I do, and he was only like 5'2 or 5'4.

My ex, was 6'6, and had one of the smallest penises I had ever seen (obviously I loved him for other reasons..lol). His son, who is 6'8, is hung like a horse.

I always have been curious about this too. You know how we all look at someones certain charecteristic first when relizing if attracted (some eyes, some nose, some ass, some tits, some hair, etc)? I have always been known to check someones hands first. Not that it correlates to thier penis size. I am turned on by guys with thick strong hands. Gentle, petiete hands have a tendency to not look at them as long. I know it's wierd. I have been with guys with small hands and big dicks, and big hands and small dicks. It's just something to turn me on when I see thick strong hands.

Thats my 2 cents.

thereisalight

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Physicians have told me there's no correlation. I tend to believe that except at work where a) I always put my feet on my desk to remind everyone I have huge feet, and b) one of my co-workers let his massive schlong fall out of his shorts at a summer get-together. (He wear size 16 shoes and his hands could easily fit around an average-size grapefruit.)

D_Iskepee_Longwoodee

Sexy Member
Media
Yup, it's been covered before. :rolleyes:

However, since you asked so nicely: Neither hand size, height, foot size, nor nose size is an accurate indicator of penis size. As near as I can tell it's a crap shoot. :tongue:

Thats what I was thinking too!

As far as hands are concerned, I'm aware of a doctor study that indicated a strong (I'm thinking it said strong) correlation between the index finger and penis size. I'll find the study if anyone insists.

Where is this index finger study?

Neither one. :biggrin1:

That's my position also!

B_superlarge

Experimental Member
Media
Thats what I was thinking too!

Where is this index finger study?

You're thinking incorrectly.

Concerning your question about the index finger study - In my post #10 in this thread the link I provided talks about it (amongst other correlations). The study I had in mind though is below. I don't know if it is the same one referenced in the link in my post #10, or an additional one. I don't have time at the moment to check:

Length of Penis, Index Finger Correlated in Healthy Young Men

Laurie Barclay, MD

Oct. 3, 2002 &#8212; Men are often concerned about the adequacy of their external genitalia. To determine a basis on which to advise patients, investigators measured penile length and testicular volume in healthy young males and compared them with other body measures, as reported in the September issue of Urology.
"The lack of standardized metric data and the absence of widely acceptable criteria on the proper size of the external genitalia poses major difficulties in the counseling and/or treatment of young adult men with worries of sexual inadequacy," write Evangelos Spyropoulos, MD, PhD, and colleagues from the Naval and Veterans Hospital of Athens, Greece.
Somatometric parameters measured in physically normal men younger than age 40 years included tape measurements of penile dimensions in the flaccid-stretched state (total, shaft, glanular lengths), penile shaft volume calculation, and ultrasonographic testicular volume estimation. These values were tested for correlation with age, height, weight, body mass index, waist/hip ratio, and index finger length.
Mean testicular volume was 16.9 &#177; 4.7 cm3; total penile length, 12.18 &#177; 1.7 cm; penile shaft length, 7.76 &#177; 1.3 cm; glanular length, 4.4 &#177; 0.4 cm; and penile shaft volume, 46.5 &#177; 17.2 cm3. Although total, shaft, and glanular penile length were significantly correlated to index finger length (P<.05) and to penile shaft volume (P<.001), the authors recommend larger-scale studies involving more subjects to confirm this trend.
"The proposed mathematical formula...presumably could become a useful tool in the field of clinical evaluation of erectile dysfunction," the authors write. "Age and somatometric parameters were not associated with the size of the genitalia, excluding the index finger length, which correlated significantly with the dimensions of the flaccid, maximally stretched, penis."
Urology. 2002;60:485-491
Reviewed by Gary D. Vogin, MD

Equine74

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I don't think that there is any correlation.
I'm 6'4" with big feet (UK12/US13) and a prominent nose. My hands are as long as you'd expect for someone my height, but slim. And I'm well hung... so far, so stereotypical.
But:
My father, who is hung at least as well as I am, is only 5'9" with a size 8 shoe (although he does have a big nose and large hands).
I've met plenty of tall guys (over 6') who, it turns out, have 6x4s, or similar (it's always hard not to look disappointed).
And, one memorable year, when I was living in Yorkshire, I met a string of very short men with very large cocks! (Aaah, Sheffield... it must be something in the water!)