Dogs that vanish.

D_BenJo_Ahanakokolele

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So this happens like no lie, less than two hour ago.

I'm driving down a long dark stretch of highway towards NYC. I just dropped of my best friend at her house after a day of hanging out. Anyways I'm going about 60-70 tops in my car when all of a sudden this dog just jumps in front of the car. I swear my heart dropped. I adore cats but i love all animals and i was not going to kill this one. I swerved out of the way missing the dog by a few feet i think. i swear the car felt like it was going to flip. And there I'm just thinking like holy shit I'm going to wreck this car. Then the car dropped like a thump and when i finally stop I get out to see the dog and it fucking vanished.

I pop'd a fucking tire . i called the police and my insurance. i hope the insurance will cover the cost of a new tire.

has this ever happened to anyone. i know that most of these cases involve deers but like holy shit. the dog owes me a new tire. lol

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
This kinda sounds like "The Tree Just Jumped Out In Front Of Me" story! :biggrin1:

I damn near wrecked dad's new chevy truck when I was a teen trying to avoid a possum that couldn't make up his mind which side of the road he wanted to be. Landed me in the ditch and it took my Jeep to pull it out.

I decided that night that I'm not going to try to avoid any more animals that get in the road and are too stupid to get out of the way of an oncoming vehicle. I won't aim for them, mind you. I will try to steer gently around them, but I'm not going to upset the traction of the car and risk a wreck or blown tire to avoid an animal.

Guess that's why I hit so many deer! (but then I purposely aim for those critters! LOL)

D_BenJo_Ahanakokolele

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This kinda sounds like "The Tree Just Jumped Out In Front Of Me" story! :biggrin1:

I damn near wrecked dad's new chevy truck when I was a teen trying to avoid a possum that couldn't make up his mind which side of the road he wanted to be. Landed me in the ditch and it took my Jeep to pull it out.

I decided that night that I'm not going to try to avoid any more animals that get in the road and are too stupid to get out of the way of an oncoming vehicle. I won't aim for them, mind you. I will try to steer gently around them, but I'm not going to upset the traction of the car and risk a wreck or blown tire to avoid an animal.

Guess that's why I hit so many deer! (but then I purposely aim for those critters! LOL)

there is a contradiction in all of this...

suprdave

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
have you ever seen the movie " black dog" ? was there really a dog there or were you dosing off unknowingly and your swerve to miss the dog was your mind snapping you back awake? ever get "white line fever"?. just asking, maybe there was a dog and it got scared when you swerved but the long stretch of dark highway is all too familiar. always move your eyes, glance at landscape, other vehicles, wind down a window,crank the stereo,never stare at the whitle line or stare at the road or you may see the black dog and trust me, you dont want to hit the dog. never swerve to miss an animal, yea a slight swerve but never enough to loose control. that animal is not worth your life, there will be others.

D_BenJo_Ahanakokolele

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
have you ever seen the movie " black dog" ? was there really a dog there or were you dosing off unknowingly and your swerve to miss the dog was your mind snapping you back awake? ever get "white line fever"?. just asking, maybe there was a dog and it got scared when you swerved but the long stretch of dark highway is all too familiar. always move your eyes, glance at landscape, other vehicles, wind down a window,crank the stereo,never stare at the whitle line or stare at the road or you may see the black dog and trust me, you dont want to hit the dog. never swerve to miss an animal, yea a slight swerve but never enough to loose control. that animal is not worth your life, there will be others.

well my car is at the dealer now because apparently something happened with the suspension or whatever. and i was definitely not falling day dreaming. I always have the window open cause i get got when i have the heat on for a while even after i had turned it off. and I'm always blasting away Lana Del Rey or Sean Paul. lol The dog looked like a brown husky. i would like to say i saw blue eyes but at the speed i was going and the speed of the event, I'm pretty sure he didn't look like that.

I mean i felt awful cause even tho i adore Cats, I also love all animals expect fish. I don't care about fish. but i would never hurt another animal ever. I take after my mom when she wrecked my father car for not wanting to run over a duck and her babies while crossing the road.

yhtang

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hounds of Baskerville!

Sorry, I could not resist.

Anyway, I hope your car did not suffer too much damage. I don't think I can run down a dog, I would have done exactly as you did - swerve.