Dustin Lance Black

MichiganRico

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Reactions: badboy999

I don't feel sorry for Lance.

He's smart, gorgeous and accomplished at a very young age.

And he gets to fuck really hot guys.

I could be so lucky to have pics published of me getting boned by that hung college student.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Are those the pictures at this link or is there somethign else to see concerning bareback and fucking. Im not even sure which fellow is Lance.

MichiganRico

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

DadsAreUs

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Duh, the script was the movie and Lance Black deserved the Best
Original Screenplay Academy Award for it...along with the other Oscars it won. The screenplay was brilliant, as was the acting, as was the directing...etc., etc., etc. This was not some kind of "affirmative action" Oscar--it was well deserved!

No, this script didn't deserve an Oscar anymore than "Dances With Wolves." The script was not the movie. It was extremely well directed and brilliantly acted and the Harvey Milk story is one of the American stories of the last 40 or 50 years. But the script was merely all right. And if it weren't for a bunch of folks wanting to send an anti-Prop 8 message, it never would have won.

That's my opinion, anyway.

chadstallion

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Perez Hilton must have taken the pix down from the link...I'm sure he's caught a lot of sh*t for posting them in the first place.

Here's an alternate link to the same pics ....

Dustin Lance Black Sex Photos Leaked - QueerClick

shows how old I am and behind the times.
wasnt until I heard something bout this on the radio talk program I thought I'd check.
nice cock shape on dustin...

MichiganRico

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
No, this script didn't deserve an Oscar anymore than "Dances With Wolves." The script was not the movie. It was extremely well directed and brilliantly acted and the Harvey Milk story is one of the American stories of the last 40 or 50 years. But the script was merely all right. And if it weren't for a bunch of folks wanting to send an anti-Prop 8 message, it never would have won.

That's my opinion, anyway.

Gus Van Sant followed the stage directions and storyline written by Lance Black--adding his own artistry, of course. The actors spoke the lines and performed their business as written by Lance Black--adding their own artistry, of course. But the script wasn't the movie...what was it, a brilliant improvisation?

The other movies nominated for Best Original Screenplay along with "Milk" were: "Frozen River," "Happy Go Lucky," "In Bruges," and "Wall-E." Tell me, please, which one of those screenwriters deserved the Oscar more than Lance Black for "Milk"? Black's use of Milk's character to narrate his own story retrospectively using "contemporaneous" personal notes was genius...especially when performed by Sean Penn, another genius.

If your theory of "affirmative action" based upon the CA Prop 8 debate really held true, "Milk" would have won Best Picture and Van Sant would have won Best Director--it/he didn't. Did the Prop 8 debacle hurt the flick, not at all...I'm sure it helped; however, the movie and screenplay, which are inseparable, stand on their own merits--absolutely brilliant cinema.

I respect your opinion (especially your appraisal of its outstanding acting and directing), but I reject your conclusion the screenplay was weak.

qazplm#1

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
"Milk" won two Oscars, because of politics! Plain and simple. All four other nominees you mentioned for Best Original Screenplay were better than "Milk." If it weren't for people wanting to "make up" for the "Brokeback Mtn." Best Picture snub of 2005 and Prop 8, "Milk" wouldn't have won that award. Personally, I think "In Bruges" had the best screenplay (adapted or original) last year.

MichiganRico

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
"Milk" won two Oscars, because of politics! Plain and simple. All four other nominees you mentioned for Best Original Screenplay were better than "Milk." If it weren't for people wanting to "make up" for the "Brokeback Mtn." Best Picture snub of 2005 and Prop 8, "Milk" wouldn't have won that award. Personally, I think "In Bruges" had the best screenplay (adapted or original) last year.

In Bruges was a terrific movie with a great screenplay--agreed! But it was a purely fictional storyline, not a biopic. The genres are very different. When one is chronicling an iconic figure like Harvey Milk, and attempting to educate as well as entertain a wide audience (while still attending to the "sensibilities" of your own community at a critical time in the equality struggle), one must perform a balancing act worthy of a Cirque de Soleil headliner. Fiction writers have no such constraints.

I believe that members of The Academy adjudged Lance Black's screenplay on that basis. (His screenplay also won top honors from the Writers Guild of America, a peer-acknowledgement of excellence.) And keep in mind, too, that Black isn't a one-trick pony. He's written, story-edited and co-produced for HBO's Big Love--another very controversial, and hugely successful, project.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have not seen Milk yet but I have watched the Journey of Jared Price(2000) like 8 times, I just love that story although its a lot like the story line of An Angel Named Billy.