Estim questions (and a story)- please help!

frand123

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So I made my first foray into estim two weeks ago and I think I might have accidentally used too much gusto with my TENS unit. I have two questions, then an explanation story below.
  1. Is it possible to permanently damage your nerves in your penis using a TENS unit?
  2. If there's numbness in your penis, how long should I wait before I start to get scared?
Here's the story:
I was using my TENS unit, for the third or fourth time a pad on my frenulum and a pad on the bottom closest to my pubes. I was like "hey...why not up the power a bit?" so I kept doing it and ratcheting up the power of my TENS unit higher and higher. I noticed at a certain point, it was highly uncomfortable (but good) plateauing regardless of how much I turned the knob so I kept it at the plateau. This whole situation lasted about 5-10 minutes and the unit was at a very high level of charge.

After finishing, I realized that the plateau I felt wasn't b/c the unit was faulty, it was because my dick was getting numb! Now two weeks later, I have patches of numbness and I'm freaking out because some days it feels like it's getting better while other days I can barely feel anything in these patches.

Has anyone else went through this? I'm getting really nervous and not sure what I can even do to help myself!