Extra Testosterone = Bigger dicks?

oak8by6

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
well i study that once and it only work in the womb baby growth time period, and how you form there, like women getting extra estorge making them more female soft and less aggreisve, and as the comment made here, as a person looking on the net can see, there or men who hariy and tall and etc and that is because of testersone , yet small penis,even very small penis, so i am only 5'. 6" very little hair and 8 by 6 and had a high voice for years and had to train it to be lower when i sing,

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
I read an article years ago that said if a boy has a lot of testosterone when he enters the physical changing years, he'll not be like you think. They tend to be tall, small framed, slender, smooth, and have a large penis with small to average testicles.

Yes folks, "testicles" is on the word for the day calendar.

BigPoppaFury

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I had a very similar question regarding being bald and having a larger penis but it seems that's been answered here. That said, it could explain my sex drive.

nrock

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
One of the adverse reactions listed when anabolic steroids are given to pre-pubescent teens is phallic enlargement. It's documented that if kids are given these drugs for whatever reason, that it's likely that their penises will grow to larger sizes more quickly.

At the same time, the child's growth (in height) will likely be stunted by these drugs. Muscle mass and tone will increase, however.

This information can be applied to the original post because it explains what happens when a pubescent boy has ultra high testosterone. However, extra testosterone after puberty doesn't increase size at all. It just makes your hair fall out and gives you acne.

And to set the record straight: Steroids don't make your dick shrink. They make your balls shrink. Take a look around the showers the next time you're in the gym. You'll notice that the monster-sized guys will have pea sized nuts.

(guess the pharmacology classes paid off after all!)

Reference: Sustanon 250 , SPC from the eMC
[FONT=Geneva,Verdana]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva,Verdana]4.8 Undesirable effects[/FONT][FONT=Geneva,Verdana]"In prepubertal boys, precocious sexual development, an increased frequency of erections, phallic enlargement and premature epiphyseal closure;"[/FONT]

texjoe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
"The More Testosterone you have".
Your body produces testosterone in proportion to the amount you need to have to maintain a normal physiologic balance (there's a closed-loop feeback system on producing testosteone between your testicles and pituitary gland). Testosterone in excess of this amount ('supraphysiologic') can produce a couple of effects.
First, it will decrease bodyfat. A side-effect of this can be that the penis will seem larger due to reduction of fat around it, mostly I belive above the pubic bone (see: Skinny guys have bigger cocks).
Second, it will cause your tesicles to shrink (they will lack stimulation to produce testosterone so they shut down slightly). This may be compensated for by taking luteinizing hormone or others.
Third, your body produces estrogen from testosterone (a process called aromatization, which produces visions to me of scented candles and handholding ;) and it creates a wonderful feedback cycle where the "supraphysiologic" estrogen accelerates shutdown of the testicular production of testosterone - your balls shrink even more! Not to mention you start producing breast tissue!
Halting "excess" testosterone will slowly reverse all of these effects, but in some men they get unfortunately locked, and have to take hormones to kick their testicles back into testosterone production (don't kick my testicles please!).
Your penis may be abnormally small (microphallus: shudder) if you were born with conditions which inhibited testosterone production, but _small_ penis being an issue with lack of testosterone is quite different than _large_ penis being an effect of excess testosterone. It isn't.

Chest Rockwell

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
i've read that you can increase genital size by increasing your leydig cell production.

i also read that tongkat ali extract is supposed to help accomplish this.

--CR

20cm

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
(1) The right relation is "much testosterone = much sperm".

(2) The longer the ring finger is than the index finger the more testosterone you are likely to produce. This is easy to see when you compare woman with men. Women often have a shorter ring finger than index finger or at least similar length and men often have a longer ring finger. But of course it has been proofed by researchers too.

(1+2) This means that a longer ring finger than the index finger means that more sperm is produced.

(3) They have also seen a relation between the testosterone content in the woman’s matrix during pregnancy and the size of the male baby’s penis at birth and later in life. Much testorone in the matrix = longer penis.

Sorry if my English is strange, I hade to use a dictionary and sometimes a word that seems right is wrong in the specific content :redface:

fatunicorn

Just Browsing
Media
how the hell does testosterone make small balls? maybe you're thinking of steroids??? which are alien to the body, and stop natural testosterone production.

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
how the hell does testosterone make small balls? maybe you're thinking of steroids??? which are alien to the body, and stop natural testosterone production.

testosterone is a steroid and yes they can shrink the testicles.....which possibly can be permanant after extended usage

texjoe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well, since people aren't believing what I write, how about some citations:

PharmGKB: androgens

[Microphallus (treatment)]
Intramuscular preparations of testosterone and testosterone esters, and extemporaneously compounded topical testosterone are used in the treatment of microphallus .

(well, this is not to make big cocks, it's to improve on abnormally small ones)

In males only Infection, pain, redness, swelling, sores or other skin irritation, local — for transdermal systems testicular atrophy (decrease in testicle size) —usually associated with high doses for oral or injection dosage forms

This is all vis-a-vis testosterone or it's esters. Testosterone and other similar androgens are all anabolic 'steroids'.

Another Source: Wikipedia

Testicular atrophy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Testicular atrophy – Temporary side effect that is due to decreases in natural testosterone levels inhibiting spermatogenesis. As most of the mass of the testes is developing sperm, the size of the testicles usually returns to normal within a few weeks of discontinuing anabolic steroid use when spermatogenesis resumes.[18]

Again, testosterone is an anabolic steroid.

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i've read that you can increase genital size by increasing your leydig cell production.

i also read that tongkat ali extract is supposed to help accomplish this.

--CR

no freakin way.....so basically youre saying that this one herb increases one particular cell in your body.....its bullshit. Next off, you produce what you need.....your body wont overproduce testosterone with more leydig cells.....each cell would produce less so the amount your body naturally regulates stays the same

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
One of the adverse reactions listed when anabolic steroids are given to pre-pubescent teens is phallic enlargement. It's documented that if kids are given these drugs for whatever reason, that it's likely that their penises will grow to larger sizes more quickly.

At the same time, the child's growth (in height) will likely be stunted by these drugs. Muscle mass and tone will increase, however.

This information can be applied to the original post because it explains what happens when a pubescent boy has ultra high testosterone. However, extra testosterone after puberty doesn't increase size at all. It just makes your hair fall out and gives you acne.

And to set the record straight: Steroids don't make your dick shrink. They make your balls shrink. Take a look around the showers the next time you're in the gym. You'll notice that the monster-sized guys will have pea sized nuts.

(guess the pharmacology classes paid off after all!)

Reference: Sustanon 250 , SPC from the eMC

[FONT=Geneva,Verdana]4.8 Undesirable effects[/FONT][FONT=Geneva,Verdana]"In prepubertal boys, precocious sexual development, an increased frequency of erections, phallic enlargement and premature epiphyseal closure;"[/FONT]

Your post is right on.....the one thing i want to point out tho is yes, prepubertal phallic enlargement is a side effect of testosterone.....however, it just means the penis got to its adult size earlier than it should have.....not that it is larger than it ever would get.....

texjoe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've seen no medical evidence that "more testosterone = more sperm", in fact I have seen several citations of the opposite effect, to the point of sterility. Testosterone injection can actually be used to totally suppress sperm production:

Testosterone injections suppress sperm production, providing effective level of contraceptive protection Family Planning Perspectives - Find Articles

The consensus is _if_ you are infertile because your leydig cells in your testes produce little testosterone, or bioinactive testosterone, extra testosterone given to you may help the cells produce sperm. This is not saying that if you have normal testosterone, that more testosterone will produce more sperm.

Another citation:

Male Fertility Treatments

If using testosterone therapy for a period of time the testes may appear to shrink even more and harden. This is because they effectively shut down because they have no active function. If testosterone therapy is stopped and pituitary hormones are given it has be shown that in the majority of cases the testes will start up again and can be induced into producing their own testosterone and sperm. This inducement into sperm production can take anything up to 6 to 18 months to occur.

I found these in about 45 seconds.

Before making amazing claims, I'd suggest that anyone here google the critical question. It's not hard!

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've seen no medical evidence that "more testosterone = more sperm", in fact I have seen several citations of the opposite effect, to the point of sterility. Testosterone injection can actually be used to totally suppress sperm production:

Testosterone injections suppress sperm production, providing effective level of contraceptive protection Family Planning Perspectives - Find Articles

The consensus is _if_ you are infertile because your leydig cells in your testes produce little testosterone, or bioinactive testosterone, extra testosterone given to you may help the cells produce sperm. This is not saying that if you have normal testosterone, that more testosterone will produce more sperm.

Another citation:

Male Fertility Treatments

If using testosterone therapy for a period of time the testes may appear to shrink even more and harden. This is because they effectively shut down because they have no active function. If testosterone therapy is stopped and pituitary hormones are given it has be shown that in the majority of cases the testes will start up again and can be induced into producing their own testosterone and sperm. This inducement into sperm production can take anything up to 6 to 18 months to occur.

I found these in about 45 seconds.

Before making amazing claims, I'd suggest that anyone here google the critical question. It's not hard!

youre right.....i just didnt care enough to discredit that post. Spend time discrediting it today and tomorrow there will be threads like "my doctor said i have the highest level of testosterone ever known to man.....you can see my sperm swimming without a microscope" and "my doctor gave me a testosterone shot when i was 13 and now my penis is 25 inches"

OmahaBeef

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Good to see bro's on here who did their homework on testosterone and other AAS...there is far more mis-information out there than there is actual.

...OB

To be honest, I had similar thoughts about extra testosterone=bigger dicks.

I wasn't sure if there was a collaboration (correlation?) but it is intriguing.

From what I have read in medical literature, it is the testosterone at specific points of development that counts, first a point in the womb (a low but necessary level), second as a toddler (a low but necessary level), and 3rd puberty (a high dramatic increase) that is thought to influence penis size.

Of course, genetics might be even more important, but environmental factors like diet, mother abusing drugs/alcohol, mother's diet, emotional stress, etc. might impair testosterone at critical points in development.

hunGreek

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
here are ,my 2 cents on the issue
why i think testosterone is irrelevant:
my case

proof of lots of Testosterone:
wide V masculine frame,
very hairy legs
receding hairline since age 20
thick 18cm cock with big balls
some presence of acne

proof of little testosterone:
no full set of beard even at 26
mostly hairless from waist up
difficulty attaining lots of muscle mass

texjoe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't think people understand testosterone, or other hormones.

Testosterone is part of a system of regulators your body uses to maintain
homeostasis or a constant condition of balance. If you exercise more, your body produces more testosterone which supports building more muscle mass to support the exercise = you go back in balance so you can perform the exercise without overtaxing other body systems.

You could add more testosterone, but without exercise, you don't get the mass. You get acne and shrunken balls.

It's like sunshine. With more UV exposure, your body produces melanin, and if you're of white European genetic background or primarily Asian, your body then visibly changes to a darker color. If you're of African, or South-Pacific New Guinean or Sri-Lankan descent, you skin may change color only slightly. These genetic types have an amount of melanin which is at a much higher level for normal balance than Eurasian genetics, and stimulating more production (sunshine) has very little effect.

Everyone has a different set-level for testosterone.

It's deficiencies in testosterone from what would be a 'normal' physiologic level which are interesting to consider here.

If you're at normal balance, which may be quite high, and you have a smooth chest, then adding more testosterone may not do anything - you may already be at a very high level, which a 1-2% increase could have no effect whatsoever. It depends entirely on what your 'set level' is for your body, and your genetics - if you have hair follicles, or muscles which will react to greater excess testosterone in your body.

Sandalman

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, as a straight male vocalist, I have to say that my high lyric tenor voice has no bearing on the size of my member, or vice versa. But I do know many people who do hold those views. Also, even though i do have a higher voice, my body produce higher than average levels of testosterone...so i may be the exception that proves the rule.