Betty_Cocker

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
reMgz0o.gif

I just have to comment @Guy-jin for his research ingenuity! These are far more superior than the previous emoticons.

ROFL

Bardox

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My opposition to this as an "issue" is the PC nature of it. I despise political correctness. I hate it, No one can take a fucking joke any more because it has to have some deeper meaning that demands an inter-national conversation. No, no it doesn't. Sometimes people just do stupid shit and then they move on with their day.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
My opposition to this as an "issue" is the PC nature of it. I despise political correctness. I hate it, No one can take a fucking joke any more because it has to have some deeper meaning that demands an inter-national conversation. No, no it doesn't. Sometimes people just do stupid shit and then they move on with their day.
Oh, somebody call the waaaahmbulance, we've got a giant pussy who can't handle other people being offended by something here!

Non-PC enough for you?

Reactions: HiddenLacey

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Well, if you are at all familiar with my posting history, you will find that I, also, abhor Political Correctness.
I, too, find that people who think their own personal feelings of being 'offended' should qualify as reasons to censure or censor others thoughts of speech is incompatible with both a free society, and basic human intelligence, compassion and tolerance.

However… the cure for that particular ill is not bemoaning that PC believers can't have their minds changed… but to forward GOOD arguments about why political correctness is no different than, say, the abusive and sexist edicts of ISIS or Wahabism.

You want a good argument Against the idea of "cultural sensitivity"? How about Female Genital Mutilation. Honoring EVERYONE'S personal cultural biases means having to accept that some people think this is okay.

Or argue against PC with the idea that, in a society that purports to have free speech, you can not Have any right to life your life un-offended?

Believe it or not… it is those kinds of REASONED arguments that DO, over years, cause many a PC Proselyte to grow out of their naive and hypocritical perspectives.

Bardox

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's the fake outrage that gets me during things like this. I have no doubt that there are some people who are actually upset about this meme, but I just can't believe that most of this is genuine. There is no way this many people cannot see FHRITP for the stupid meaningless prank that it is. It's gets people on tv or youtube for 3 seconds. That's it.

The PC police will jump on something to try to make it into an "issue" then others will back them up supporting their friend or co-worker (who know that person is wrong) just so they don't get called sexist or racist or some other form of bigot in public or on social media. It's infecting every aspect of society. Entertainment, politics, the legal system, pop culture, regular people in their personal lives. It's especially corrosive in western society.

Political correctness has been weaponized to shut down debate. People will say they want a real discussion about race or gender issues, but a real discussion is the last thing they want. They want 5-10 poorly phrased words they can quote and go "AH HA! You racist/sexist/homophobe/antisemite/bigot! How dare you exist in my world." There are real examples of sexism to talk about. This is not one of them.

This is a blatant, mundane, straightforward example of sexism. There really is nothing complicated, clever, or subtle about it is there? However, if gender was removed from the equation, the reporter would still have been demeaned and humiliated, and felt physically threatened in this situation, while trying to just do their job. If you are male though, you probably find that you don't have to put up with this kind of stuff on a regular, or even daily basis. Experiencing this kind of stuff day in, day out, over the course of many years certainly feels like a big deal, or an "issue".

Brisler

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's the fake outrage that gets me during things like this. I have no doubt that there are some people who are actually upset about this meme, but I just can't believe that most of this is genuine. There is no way this many people cannot see FHRITP for the stupid meaningless prank that it is. It's gets people on tv or youtube for 3 seconds. That's it.

The PC police will jump on something to try to make it into an "issue" then others will back them up supporting their friend or co-worker (who know that person is wrong) just so they don't get called sexist or racist or some other form of bigot in public or on social media. It's infecting every aspect of society. Entertainment, politics, the legal system, pop culture, regular people in their personal lives. It's especially corrosive in western society.

Political correctness has been weaponized to shut down debate. People will say they want a real discussion about race or gender issues, but a real discussion is the last thing they want. They want 5-10 poorly phrased words they can quote and go "AH HA! You racist/sexist/homophobe/antisemite/bigot! How dare you exist in my world." There are real examples of sexism to talk about. This is not one of them.

Allow me to go PC on your ass:

femi.jpg

Reactions: AlteredEgo