Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Today was about the 4th or 5th time in as many months that I've gotten pretty actively cruised. I usually just go about my business and that’s that, but sometimes it goes on to the point that I have had to stop and engage them to say that I'm flattered and appreciate it, but I'm not gay.

I'm always very friendly and pleasant and acknowledge that it's nice to be recognized as an attractive man. I live within blocks of the "Gayborhood" in Philly and hang out at many bars and restaurants in this area that, while not specifically "gay", have a pretty mixed crowd. Today, it was a very fit and young black kid who could not have been sweeter. He was sheepish and complimentary.

Kimahri

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've had experience on both end of the spectrum dealing with straight guys. Choosing to focus on the good experiences because focusing on the bad never helped anything.

I can see where some gay guys can be pretty aggressive approaching a straight guy. And it's hard not to expect the straight guy to be equally aggressive to get the guy to stop. I think the thing is, there is a respectful way to show your appreciation of a hot straight guy. I remember a conversation with a straight guy I indirectly hit on. There's a pretty trendy area in Baltimore...well...three now, but back then only really one. I saw the dude by himself and he looked like he was waiting for his close up for the A&F catalog. But, being a frajock at the time, it bothered me to see him flying solo. So, I wandered over saw what he was drinking and bought his beer and myself one. Plopped on the barstool next to him and offered him the beer, simply saying, "A hot guy like yourself shouldn't be alone. I think there is a law against it or something". It was a risk, but it wasn't inappropriate and I happened to gauge the situation correctly...he was out alone because of some personal issues. He seemed appreciative and while there was the urge to try something, I learned from being fratjock type to just appreciate what I did get. Don't talk to him much these days, but I still get an email from him once in a while.

So, it is possible to approach you straight guys, just have to do it correctly. Sometimes all you're going to get as a gay guy from a straight guy is a new buddy and that's not a bad thing.

theplayerking

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
That’s for being cool about it. The irony is that many straight guys are nicer about being cruised than gay guys. Very often gay guys will give of that “you’re not hot enough to cruise me” look.

silvian

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I dunno.. I think men are men and it doesn't depend by their sexual orientation. Of course some pople like "straight guys" and a lot of them make some fantasy on them.
In my opinion i found really hard to make a woo to an other you don't know if he will aprreciate it or not.

Skinnedrat

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm a pretty forward guy and I've always looked at it the same way a lot of my straight friends do. You never know til you try. I have no problem chatting with someone new or trying to get a number. The places I hang out its kind of difficult to tell who is interested and who isn't just on looks.

I commend you on not being the type that freaks out about it. I've never seen a reason to get angry at flattery. I get hit on by a lot of women when we go out and I just politely tell them I'm not really interested or not looking for anything, but thanks for flattering me!