Gay Triad Relationships or more

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Just Curious if anyone has ever been in, observered, heard about, or knows anyone in a gay triad relationship.

Meaning a relationship that consists of 3 people.

I know gay triad's exist so this brings on the question what about four people.

Do quad relationships exist?

If these types of relationships exist, what types of guys are involved in them?.. are the guys bottoms, tops, or all vers, or a combination.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
All the triads I know of are/were MFF or MMF. I don't know of any MMM triads. Oh, wait, I just thought of one! Yes, I know of one MMM, but I don't think it lasted longer than a year. I don't know who was a bottom or top or what. I didn't ask.

petetown

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
North Truro (Massachusetts, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Several come to mind. I have always thought that it's perfectly normal for gay men to establish and define their relationships as they see fit. Many opt for a traditional one on one...it's easier and conforms with the norm. But there are those who find happiness in their own definition of a relationship. The threesomes I know of are all different in their dynamics. And have evolved over the years.

Denverbearmark

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I am in the BDSM community and know of a few poly relationships. One great one comes to mind. A very outstanding Sir has a boy, a slave, and a puppy. They Sir, boy and slave have been together for a couple of years. The puppy was added about a year ago. They have a great relationship it appears and of course get ton of attention at the bars and gathering--because of looks, situations, and they all have great attitudes.

I believe it takes work and openess and honesty to make it all work. I do know that slave and puppy have contracts, not sure if the boy has one with the Sir out side of the that with the two others.

Also know of others, but they tend to be less formal.

parkavepussy

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
i've always thought a group of 5 or 6 guys living in a frat house situation (all bfs with each other) would be one hell of a power group. it would have to be mentally stable guys all with jobs that allow them to provide for the group.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I am in the BDSM community and know of a few poly relationships. One great one comes to mind. A very outstanding Sir has a boy, a slave, and a puppy. They Sir, boy and slave have been together for a couple of years. The puppy was added about a year ago. They have a great relationship it appears and of course get ton of attention at the bars and gathering--because of looks, situations, and they all have great attitudes.

I believe it takes work and openess and honesty to make it all work. I do know that slave and puppy have contracts, not sure if the boy has one with the Sir out side of the that with the two others.

Also know of others, but they tend to be less formal.

The poly groups I'm aware of are also from within the BDSM community and follow similar patterns and structure.

Over the years, I've been introduced to guys outside the leather scene who live as triads, but the novelty nature of them made them very rare indeed. My understanding is that they started as a duo and found a third whom they mutually came to respect and love. Presumably the sex didn't always involve all three at once, though I'm sure it did most (or at least some) of the time.

My own feelings about triads are mixed. On the one hand: whatever floats someone else's boat is really none of my business; on the other hand, it's not a choice I can ever see myself making.

I've met many couples involved in open relationships but never one who would be open to anything other than a sexual encounter. Multiple encounters with the same couple (beyond two or three) have always exposed the underlying weaknesses, rather than strengths, of their relationship, and it wasn't always very sexy :rolleyes:

I have heard tell of "closed" groups of anywhere from three to as many as ten guys, some single, others partnered in pairs, who are sworn to only having sex with other members of the group. Though I have reservations about this as a safer-sex practice, the members of these groups are all verifiably HIV-negative (or at least were when joining) and, because of the strict oaths of complete fidelity to the group, enjoy unprotected sex. This is not an endorsement of the practice, only an acknowledgment that such arrangements exist.

buzzrider7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
It's also called a troika. I had one friend who was in one. It seemed super stable, and they had been together for years. I think they are reserved for those who have moved beyond issues such as jealousy and possession. I would be very open to trying one if the opportunity presented itself.

curiouscam

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
An old roommate of mine was in a "triad" or whatever title they gave it. I can see how it could work however it did not work well for them. I believe that it was just a matter of the people involved though. It was a 2 bottom one top thing and they all had a flair for the dramatic, which did not make for a smooth relationship. I am sure if the chance presented itself I would give it a try.

avg_joe

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
How about husbands or boyfriends swap? That would be a great reality show for cable. LMFAO !!!

TopDudeFtl

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hey Matt! Great to see you are still an active member. (He-he...he said 'member'.)

We have known at least three triads here in Fort Lauderdale. The longest lasting of the triads consisting a Top, a bottom & a versatile. The Top & bottom met a wonderful (and I'll admit very cute versatile) whom they had an encounter with. One time led to another which led to another...etc, etc. Finally, after always seeing the three of them together, they admitted to the triad. They were together for about three years. Eventually, the versatile wanted his own BF so he left the other two. The other two triads we've know didn't last but for a short few months.

P.S. Hope to see you at the next SFLA Get-together.

D_Harvey Schmeckel

Sexy Member
Media
We have three friends who were in a triad, and are no longer friends of one another although all are still friends with us. The bitter feelings among the three leaves me feeling that it's an inherently unstable situation doomed to failure.

Takenachance

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I have to good gay friends that have been together over 15 years. They have two adopted sons and recently took in a 3rd man about 3 years ago. They all live together as one big MMM family.

A

AM_092

I got excited about this thread because I thought you meant 'triad' as in crime gang! Hot gay relationships in gangs of men!

rjmoody

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This is an old thread, but I thought I would comment.

I am a small dick gay bottom, older (50). My husband is 40, hung, total top. We have been married ten years and love one another. The sex got stale and he asked to open up sex for a bit. I agreed, but mostly for him as he is younger, and I wanted him to have some more fun. He developed a "stable" of four guys, all under 25, all muscular and hot. One guy spotted me as a weak beta bottom. He targeted me and set out on a conquest, one he is winning.

Fast forward, after a few months a muscular, hung, 23 yo marine was my husband's full time boyfriend and my sex was cut off. My husband stopped getting hard for me after we opened up. Now the 23 year old views me as a total submissive to him (he is 6 2, 200 and I am 5 8, 160) as well as to my husband. He sleeps over a day or two a week and I am in the guest room. My husband sleeps at his place once a week.

This weekend my husband told me he was going to focus on the marine and I should get used to the guest room. He said he loves me and that we are forever, but that the sex with the marine is amazing and they are falling in love, too. I like the marine, and he likes me, but it is clear I have my place. Nature determines who breeds. I opened it up and the guys in their 20s who wanted an older, hung top daddy set out to demote me to secondary. There were 5-10 guys who were after my husband, even hitting on him in front of me in bars. One guy kissed him and grabbed his dick while looking at me.

The marine won. He is 8.5 inches, beautiful, muscular, bubble ass, and motivated. I am convinced he will move in this summer when his lease expires at the end of May. The only question that remains is where he will sleep.

We all know the answer...

So I am headed for poly, a poly v to be specific, with my husband as the hinge and me as the sexless mono sub.

I am keenly interested in thoughts, advice, etc. Honestly, I feel very secure in my loving relationship with my husband. I do not fear losing him. Am I crazy?

Reactions: lttle1

I am a small dick gay bottom, older (50). My husband is 40, hung, total top. We have been married ten years and love one another. The sex got stale and he asked to open up sex for a bit. I agreed, but mostly for him as he is younger, and I wanted him to have some more fun. He developed a "stable" of four guys, all under 25, all muscular and hot. One guy spotted me as a weak beta bottom. He targeted me and set out on a conquest, one he is winning.

Fast forward, after a few months a muscular, hung, 23 yo marine was my husband's full time boyfriend and my sex was cut off. My husband stopped getting hard for me after we opened up. Now the 23 year old views me as a total submissive to him (he is 6 2, 200 and I am 5 8, 160) as well as to my husband. He sleeps over a day or two a week and I am in the guest room. My husband sleeps at his place once a week.

This weekend my husband told me he was going to focus on the marine and I should get used to the guest room. He said he loves me and that we are forever, but that the sex with the marine is amazing and they are falling in love, too. I like the marine, and he likes me, but it is clear I have my place. Nature determines who breeds. I opened it up and the guys in their 20s who wanted an older, hung top daddy set out to demote me to secondary. There were 5-10 guys who were after my husband, even hitting on him in front of me in bars. One guy kissed him and grabbed his dick while looking at me.

The marine won. He is 8.5 inches, beautiful, muscular, bubble ass, and motivated. I am convinced he will move in this summer when his lease expires at the end of May. The only question that remains is where he will sleep.

So I am headed for poly, a poly v to be specific, with my husband as the hinge and me as the sexless mono sub.

I am keenly interested in thoughts, advice, etc. Honestly, I feel very secure in my loving relationship with my husband. I do not fear losing him. Am I crazy?
Yes, you are crazy. Unless you enjoy being humiliatedand abused, I don't know why you'd put up with this.

Oh I get it, this is a wind up. You are 100% straight and this is your idea of how gay relationships work. Good one, you had me there.