Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It seems that we mustn't inquire into the causes of gun violence because SECOND AMENDMENT:

John Boehner: "I'm Sorry, but a Gun Is Not a Disease" (Mother Jones, July 2, 2015):

Last week, after a shooter killed nine parishioners at a historic black church in Charleston, South Carolina, the House Appropriations Committee quietly voted on a bill to effectively block any funding for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to research the causes of gun violence in America. At a press conference last Thursday, a WNYC reporter asked House Speaker John Boehner about the committee's vote, which was just part of a decades-long string of Republican rejections of official efforts to study gun violence. Boehner responded with this familiar argument:

Listen, the CDC is there to look at diseases that need to be dealt with to protect the public health. I'm sorry, but a gun is not a disease. And guns don't kill people; people do. And when people use weapons in a horrible way, we should condemn the actions of the individual, not blame the action on some weapon. Listen, there are hundreds of millions of weapons in America. They're there. And they're going to be there. They're protected under the Second Amendment. But people who use weapons in an inappropriate or illegal way ought to be dealt with severely.​

Fuzzy_

Legendary Member
Media
Him who?You failed to read the whole post.Sheep like you will be killed and eaten!

Sorry, but your pew pew stick is useless against the American Armed Forces. If the big, bad government wants to take your group out, they will -- quickly and easily. Your vote will do far more than any firearm that you can carry.

Tear your eyes away from Alex Jones and look around. You'll see that the most peaceful, civilized nations are 'unarmed'.Funny how that works, huh. It's almost like humans have evolved.

Meanwhile, educate yourself about why 1776 happened. (American colonists had a higher standard of living than the British.) The real sheeple likely weren't who you think.

MisterVIP

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
@mister why do you feel the need to call cops "pigs"?
What else are they but filthy swine?

In my estimation, 98% (plus) are corrupt, and giving them even 2% is probably too kind. They'd put a bullet in your child for job security and rape your wife's bludgeoned corpse in front of you for a promotion...just following orders.

It's shocking that so many (rightfully) distrust police and military on this forum, yet they want those people to be the only ones carrying weapons.

Why do cops carry weapons? To protect you? Wrong. It's to protect themselves and the politicians who employ them (under the guise of services to their locality). In 2005, the US Supreme Court ruled that police are under no obligation to protect people:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/p...stitutional-duty-to-protect-someone.html?_r=0

That's why when seconds count, the police are minutes away. They'll be there in time to take photos of your fresh carcass and start an investigation into the circumstances of your demise.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...orter-wounded-in-new-mexico-motel-6-shootout/

^I suppose these people shouldn't have had guns either. Then their deaths could have been blamed on the gun their attacker had, because if he didn't have a gun (a device scientifically proven to transmit evil intentions through osmosis to its possessor), he surely would have been a sweet and harmless guy just trying to befriend them and share a spot of tea.

http://tinyurl.com/nhnmmqs

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What else are they but filthy swine?

In my estimation, 98% (plus) are corrupt, and giving them even 2% is probably too kind. They'd put a bullet in your child for job security and rape your wife's bludgeoned corpse in front of you for a promotion...just following orders.

I can't tell if this is meant seriously or not, but it certainly cannot be taken seriously.

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sorry, but your pew pew stick is useless against the American Armed Forces.
I do not carry or own guns thinking I can fight the U.S. military.My pew pew stick does however work real well against home invaders and other assorted idiots wanting to do me or mine harm out in public, in short fuck off sheeple be victim if you want!

http://gunssavelives.net/

Reactions: AdamHenry

Boobalaa

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I do not carry or own guns thinking I can fight the U.S. military.My pew pew stick does however work real well against home invaders and other assorted idiots wanting to do me or mine harm out in public, in short fuck off sheeple be victim if you want!

http://gunssavelives.net/
In short, owning a gun to "work real well" against home invaders and other assorted idiots wanting to do me or mine harm out in public, fails miserably to account for other people who have exactly the same mindset and may consider YOU an idiot, also. Another fallacious belief is the false dichotomy of victim/villain. Last, but not. Least is the "work real well" notion. As in, maybe/maybe not..who knows whether the other guy has a bigger, better gun and/or uses his "tool" "real well", better than you

Bardox

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Riddle me this, to be a good and proper gun owner, you have to keep your arsenal unloaded and in a gun safe so that your friends and loved one who are "untrained" don't happen across one and hurt themselves. If your gun is locked up, how do you protect yourself with it? You really think a home invader is going to wake you up, tap you on the shoulder, say "Hi, I'm here to rob you and I intend to rape someone before I leave.", then just stand there while you unlock your safe and load your gun?

It's only useful if it's out where you can get it and use it quickly... but then you are not a safe gun owner and you are the problem...Work me through the logic of the safe gun owner who only has guns to protect his/her family but then locks up the tool of their method of protection.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"Boyfriend shoots woman while preparing to clean gun" (Seattle Times, July 4, 2015)

A man getting ready to clean his handgun shot his girlfriend in the abdomen Friday night in Puyallup, according to the Puyallup Police Department.​

Well, the regular occurrence of this sort of mishap is a small price to pay for FREEDUMB, innit? In any case, anybody who accidentally shoots someone clearly is not a RESPONSIBLE gun owner, right? (See the fallacy "No true Scotsman.")

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In short, owning a gun to "work real well" against home invaders and other assorted idiots wanting to do me or mine harm out in public, fails miserably to account for other people who have exactly the same mindset and may consider YOU an idiot, also. Another fallacious belief is the false dichotomy of victim/villain. Last, but not. Least is the "work real well" notion. As in, maybe/maybe not..who knows whether the other guy has a bigger, better gun and/or uses his "tool" "real well", better than you
Ok go ahead be a victim.Remove all smoke detectors and fire extiguishers from your house,lets see how that works out for you.

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Riddle me this, to be a good and proper gun owner, you have to keep your arsenal unloaded and in a gun safe so that your friends and loved one who are "untrained" don't happen across one and hurt themselves. If your gun is locked up, how do you protect yourself with it? You really think a home invader is going to wake you up, tap you on the shoulder, say "Hi, I'm here to rob you and I intend to rape someone before I leave.", then just stand there while you unlock your safe and load your gun?

It's only useful if it's out where you can get it and use it quickly... but then you are not a safe gun owner and you are the problem...Work me through the logic of the safe gun owner who only has guns to protect his/her family but then locks up the tool of their method of protection.
My family is trained,my friends know not to touch and my guns are loaded in the open and ready.My tools are never locked up!

Klingsor

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Ok go ahead be a victim.Remove all smoke detectors and fire extiguishers from your house,lets see how that works out for you.

Considering all those horror stories you hear on the news about people accidentally killing each other with smoke detectors or fire extinguishers, that's just what I'm thinking of doing.

Reactions: Fuzzy_

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
What you just brought up is a good example of a straw man argument.

Do you realize that? And it's just that kind of thing that prevents anyone from reaching accord and instead just do endless, aimless venting at each other.

Are you kidding me - the perpetrators of most of the recent gun massacres have been drugged up fuckheads, with deadly weaponry. Does the NRA get that bit cut from the news in the US?

Boobalaa

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Speaking of "detectors" and "extinguishers", I'm sure you have considered investing in The latest gunshot detection technology. I'm sure you already know how to make your own tear gas extinguisher for the home. This is an imperative safety tool, especially when you're in the process of unlocking your gun cabinets, fumbling with keys and combinations, passwords, etc., as the culprits are interning your home..

ClintHardBall

Experimental Member
Media
Curious how does a city like Chicago with the toughest gun laws have 10 killed and 56 injured on the 4th of July 2015??? Are guns just randomly shooting without anyone touching them? Seems very suspicious. We may want to look into these guns that shot without anyone pulling the trigger.

Fuzzy_

Legendary Member
Media
Curious how does a city like Chicago with the toughest gun laws have 10 killed and 56 injured on the 4th of July 2015??? Are guns just randomly shooting without anyone touching them? Seems very suspicious. We may want to look into these guns that shot without anyone pulling the trigger.

Crime is higher in economically depressed areas. Generally, gun violence is lower in areas wit tougher gun laws. But there is an even stronger correlation between violent crime and poverty, which will always transcend law.

The Chicago thing has been done before. New Orleans has loose gun laws and a higher violent crime rate than Chicago, since you're prone to judge one by all. (Do you know which fallacy this is?)

By the way, there are 20 cities with higher murder rates than Chicago, including Jackson and New Orleans.

Boobalaa

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Not to mention
ever seen that old Dalton Trumbo 1950's movie , "Johnny Get Your Gun"? It's about a guy whose brain is still functioning but the rest of his body is toast

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not to mention

ever seen that old Dalton Trumbo 1950's movie , "Johnny Get Your Gun"? It's about a guy whose brain is still functioning but the rest of his body is toast

I think he learned his argumentative skills from this site: Logically Fallacious. Excerpt:

Argument by Repetition

argumentum ad nauseam

(also known as: argument from nagging, proof by assertion)

Description: Repeating an argument or a premise over and over again in place of better supporting evidence.

Logical Form:

X is true. X is true. X is true. X is true. X is true. X is true... etc.​