Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Whe I was in college it was boxers mostly that guys walked around in (1999-2005). Boxer briefs guys would walk from the showers in.

Funniest thing is like the first few months in college quite a few guys wore briefs but over like the 4-5 months they switched to boxers. I guess now they were the ones buying their own underwear from Walmart.

Reactions: nicnic

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
I just wish we lived in a world where guys showed off their bulges all the time. The casual atmosphere of a male dorm is the best environment in the fuckin world. For that reason, I think co-ed dorms are lame. I understand the rationale and all that; I just think guys should hang out in their underwear with other guys. Gee, it's almost like I have a fetish or something...

andrexx

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I just wish we lived in a world where guys showed off their bulges all the time. The casual atmosphere of a male dorm is the best environment in the fuckin world. For that reason, I think co-ed dorms are lame. I understand the rationale and all that; I just think guys should hang out in their underwear with other guys. Gee, it's almost like I have a fetish or something...

I'd sorta disagree. I find my coed dorm to be much more lively and plenty of people still walk around in their underwear. However, the added advantage of having the opposite gender on the floor (just in a different hallway) is nice for social aspects among other things. Certainly I haven't seen any more covering up in this dorm than I did at my last (where it was a guy's only dorm).

B_jeepguy2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I lived in an all guys floor in a coed dorm. You never knew when some of the girls were gonna be up there so most dudes wore Umbro shorts down to the gang showers. A few dudes wore boxers. I can only remember one dude who wore white briefs down the hall to the showers, but he always showered at 6AM when no chicks were supposed to be on the floor...well unless they had spent the night in some guy's room and were making the walk of shame back downstairs. ROFL

D_CountVonBhigBohner

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It wasn't coed for me. They dormed all scholarship athletes together (I guess to save on expenses) It was pretty much boxers or boxer briefs. Everyone was pretty shy the first month or so. Once ppl got to know e/o things changed.

mattsrod7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My roommates and I all put our robes on, then took our clothes off then went to the showers with robes and back to the room and dressed up with robes on. No matter how many people were around thats the risky thing. Turns out a year later one of our suitemates was gay and he did the same thing we did. Now I see pics of him on facebook wearing next to nothing.

B_Strocketeer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wasnt that long ago for me but i dont own underwear and seems about 20% of the guys freeballed, probably half slept naked, others wore baggy boxers and boxer briefs, maybe 10% wore briefs, one wore a jock strap. most walked naked down the hall and werent shy about it, same as me.

B_jeepguy2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
My roommates and I all put our robes on, then took our clothes off then went to the showers with robes and back to the room and dressed up with robes on. No matter how many people were around thats the risky thing. Turns out a year later one of our suitemates was gay and he did the same thing we did. Now I see pics of him on facebook wearing next to nothing.

Wow, thats odd that dudes living in a suite together put robes on. I never saw anyone with a robe on the entire time I lived in dorms and we were not in suites either. The dorm I lived in was built circa 1930 and the shower was down the hall and dudes just wore boxers or Umbros and tossed a towel over their shoulder and walked down there shirtless.

Last edited:

Crex

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
When I lived in the dorms, it wasn't uncommon to see guys in just a towel or their boxers, but only once did I see anyone completely naked and I'm pretty sure he thought he was alone. It was pretty conservative compared to what you guys are saying.

My friend, however, goes to a private school and he says there everyone's naked all the time. In fact, they got in trouble for it because the heads of the Christian school thought it promoted homosexual behavior. Meh.

I think it just depends on the actual people that are in the dorms and how comfortable they feel with their own bodies and with the people around them. I think there is no point in these generalizations because I'm sure this is something that varies from place to place.

Welsh_Beef

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I live in dorms now but i live in a fla of 6, 4 of which are girls but everyone have their own shower and toilets in their room so there are no communal showering.

nubian

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Washington (Washington, D.C., United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight

People were way more uptight when I lived on an all-guys dorm floor than on a co-ed floor.

Nucklez

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I'm a junior in college, and my roommate and a few others wear briefs, but they never walk around in just those. In the room at night he occasionally sits in just boxers, but that's rare (he switches between the two). We both sleep buff. Its not uncommon to see guys walking around in their boxers and boxer briefs, though.

Reactions: JayPR

bthegreat

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I'm in college now and I walk around in briefs all the time. I've walked to the lobby with briefs and shoes all the time. It's great for getting attention. When its time for showers, guys go to the showers with just underwear and a towel and soap and once they get in the shower area they get naked and usually go pee and get in the showers.

Reactions: beach_bud

bippy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
In the late 1990s (1995-1999), it was probably 90% boxers, 10% boxer-briefs at my college. I don't remember seeing anyone in briefs or commando during that time. I assume that there are more boxer-briefs now. Boxers would be less revealing if you in a co-ed dorm.

JayPR

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I went to college a few years ago (1998-2002), and went to two different schools. Back home in Puerto Rico, most guys wore briefs or bikini briefs (75%) the rest boxers or boxer-briefs. Tight and short underwear is pretty popular in Latin America. Then, I went to a university in Ontario, Canada, and it was mostly boxers and some boxer-briefs. Just my roommate there, who was Italian American, used to wear Calvin Kleins white briefs. He looked good on them.