Help with my thesis research on gay/bi men??

daniel1post

Sexy Member
Media
Hey lpsg gay/bi men,

I’m working on my master’s thesis (finally) with my advisor on being a top, bottom, or versatile. It’s 100% anonymous. T
his survey is only for gay and bi guys, so unfortunately if you’re straight, this is not for you.

I just want to know more about your sex life with other guys and why/what constitutes your sexual self-label/identity as a top, bottom, or versatile. There are questions about gender too and your body attributes (e.g., penis size, muscularity) which is why I thought this would be a great place to post it.

I won’t lie. This will take a solid 15-20 minutes of your time (more like 20 minutes), but you’d be advancing gay/bi sex research and there is a cash raffle… plus, it’s a sex survey! DO NOT START IT if you feel you don’t have 20 minutes to get through it. It’s sort of a pain to have dangling data. But if you've got the time – click on the link below and settle down for 20 minutes of questions :)

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/topsbottomsversatiles

There is more specific information on the consent form of the survey, including info on a raffle you can enter yourself into.

Thanks guys. Really appreciate it!!!!!

dan

daniel1post

Sexy Member
Media
Thanks so much guys. It took forever to put together and get just right. I'll obviously post a description of the results I find which should cover a lot of the topics that come up in this forum! If you have any gay/bi friends, pass the link along to them, even if they aren't on lpsg.

dan

BlueMoose2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks so much guys. It took forever to put together and get just right. I'll obviously post a description of the results I find which should cover a lot of the topics that come up in this forum! If you have any gay/bi friends, pass the link along to them, even if they aren't on lpsg.

dan
Curious question are you str8 bi or gay?

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You know, not all people with vaginas and vulvas are women. Overall, a fairly solid survey. The most solid one I've ever seen anyway.

I definitely want to get into the field of education and research in the field of gender, sex, and sexuality. What do I do? I have bachelors in kinesiology, but I've only ever worked as a dishwasher. I keep a blog on the subject (https://sexuallyfluidfrolicker.wordpress.com/), and I've volunteered for a position or two. But I don't know how to get into this field.

brinzaulsschwul

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm doing it, but not sure when 1kg became inches!!

If you only know your weight in kilograms, use this conversion (1kg = 2.205 inches)

Getting a hand job from a man? - answer - 14 - sounds like a pervert, but he was also 14, I think you should in future consider using the word MALE

Perhaps you could have asked during the sex questions,
cum in a partners ass with a condom on
cum in a partners ass without a condom on

Not all gay men want to be on PrEP, there was nothing on PEP or condoms - I'm sure you will work out which was my reply!!!

Good luck, I'll give it to my partner - would love to do a compare and contrast!!!!!!!!!

Brinz

daniel1post

Sexy Member
Media
You know, not all people with vaginas and vulvas are women. Overall, a fairly solid survey. The most solid one I've ever seen anyway.

I definitely want to get into the field of education and research in the field of gender, sex, and sexuality. What do I do? I have bachelors in kinesiology, but I've only ever worked as a dishwasher. I keep a blog on the subject (https://sexuallyfluidfrolicker.wordpress.com/), and I've volunteered for a position or two. But I don't know how to get into this field.
It gets really difficult to get into the more postmodern approaches to gender and sexual orientation. I try to keep it as straightforward as possible, even though I'm probably going to have some validity issues with some of the data.

Genderfluid - I like it. It's a gender and a gender byproduct :)

As for education, it's a long tedious process where, you're probably not going to make much more than you're making now; but if you like research and you like teaching -- it's worth it. But it's YEARS in the making.

Thanks so much for taking the survey!

daniel1post

Sexy Member
Media
I'm doing it, but not sure when 1kg became inches!!

If you only know your weight in kilograms, use this conversion (1kg = 2.205 inches)

Getting a hand job from a man? - answer - 14 - sounds like a pervert, but he was also 14, I think you should in future consider using the word MALE

Perhaps you could have asked during the sex questions,
cum in a partners ass with a condom on
cum in a partners ass without a condom on

Not all gay men want to be on PrEP, there was nothing on PEP or condoms - I'm sure you will work out which was my reply!!!

Good luck, I'll give it to my partner - would love to do a compare and contrast!!!!!!!!!

Brinz
Totally great error-finds. It's such a beast of a survey that I knew that even with other people's eyes taking a look at it before I went live, there would be errors. Fixed the inches and made it pounds.

The PrEP questions are sort of a last minute sub-research area that epidemiologists in the department want to look at it. It's interesting but I'm more about the tops, bottoms, versatile angle.

Will fix the man to male too!

Thanks again for taking it!!!

Reactions: brinzaulsschwul

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
Hi Daniel,

I just took the survey. Great job overall with the survey design, and I hope you reach well-over the needed numbers for statistical significance with your survey.

It was brilliant to include the PrEP questions which your epidemiologist colleagues recommended; those questions will definitely advance medical practice within the gay male community.

deanhuge

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Welcome to my world! It's totally fun though.
When I finished my dissertation for my doctorate, I never wanted to talk about young men's educational motivations (my topic) ever again. I seriously hope that is not the case for you :). I also hope that the guys who say they have 13 inch dicks in this forum, are a bit more honest on your survey lol. Cheers.

Reactions: brinzaulsschwul

daniel1post

Sexy Member
Media
LOL. Yeah, i'm hoping that the exaggeration and mis-measurement that seems to go on for 80% of guys in this community is reduced... considering this is for academic purposes and also - that no one is going to be able to attribute their true size to themselves.

brinzaulsschwul

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

You could find out about hate crime in Mass. and put a funding proposal together to provide education in education establishments and then seek the money from school boards and department of education and the police and fire depts