House and Senate Fire them all.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ripsrips, Sep 26, 2008.

1. ripsrips

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Ok whose for firing every member of Congress and elect new ones that hmm...that actually will help the people and after 1 (ONE) term they're OUT.
    They spend every moment from the time there elected to get re-elected.

2. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well, I can't disagree with you here. Stop posting anti-Obama republican propoganda and you'll make a cool LPSGer.

3. curious n str8

curious n str8 New Member

Albums:
    That sounds like a good idea sure save on medical and retirement we wouldn't have to pay for them.

4. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

I think they should be able to have two terms- just like the pres...

Except- they can have a third term- but are not allowed to campaign at all- they get a third term if the majority of their constituents WRITE their name in...

Also- I would make it a law that NO campaign ad or support ad can mention the opposition at all.

They can talk about their OWN record- their OWN ideas...
    but that is all.

But I would be ALL for an entirely new Congress.

One of my Favorite things about Obama is that he is the LEAST connected to the entrenched Washington elite.

5. ripsrips

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Well, I can't disagree with you here. Stop posting anti-MaCain Democratic propoganda and you'll make a cool LPSGer also.

6. Domisoldo

Gold Member

Albums:

:biggrin1: We could buy a full spare US congress with the golden parachute of 1 (one) single failed CEO.

7. curious n str8

curious n str8 New Member

Albums:
    I think Sara Palin is the least connected wouldn't you agree?

8. D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

Golden parachutes are there for a reason. who would walk in to clean up thge shit when they can make a hell of alot more somewhere else. Case in point in know a guy who took over the presidency of a public utilities company that had to come up with 40 mil in one week or the who place wuold shut down and thousands lost their jobs. Believe me 9 to fivers, upper management is for a select breed. You only hear about the bad things. There are plenty plebeians who owe their livelyhood to thir rare breed. When you punch the clock and steal and bitch and moan "this is what i've done for my whole life" you have no one to blame but yourself.

9. D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

Curious and straight-

the phrase is " evrybody wan go heavan. nobody wan dead. Marley should know that one.

#9 D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III, Sep 26, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  10. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    Naw, she's connected. She's connected to other homophobes, other pork-barrel spenders, a good hair-stylist, other people who claim to be pro-life but kill animals for the hell of it, and a pastor who thinks Hurricane Katrina was New Orleans punishment for hosting a gay pride parade. Did I miss anything?

In reference to this election (and the US in general) I'm gonna re-record "natural mystic" and transpose the title with "awful fuckin' stench."

#10 marleyisalegend, Sep 26, 2008
  11. ripsrips

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    now now boys & girls...
    I believe we need to amend the constitution and give them only 2 terms and they cannot get another government job...not even on a city council.

#11 ripsrips, Sep 26, 2008
  12. mindseye

Gold Member

Nah. Blanket "solutions" like that deny the public the opportunity to evaluate each individual representative on their own merits. "They" don't all spend every moment getting re-elected, but the remedy you propose would punish them all.

Do you think Sen. Mark Pryor (D-AR) is spending every moment trying to get re-elected? How about Rep. Spencer Bacchus (R-AL) or Corrine Brown (D-FL)?

Furthermore, your remedy would punish the entire country, because every two years, the House of Representatives would start over with 435 completely untrained, novice members. Do you really think that 435 Sarah Palins, Al Sharptons, and Ross Perots could do a better job than the folks that we've got now?

13. ripsrips

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
  14. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    I am represented by Virgina Fox R-NC in the House and Elizabeth Dole R-NC and Richard Burr R-NC in the Senate and I wish that they would quit yesterday.

15. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

Well- yeah, but she is also the least connected to reality...
    the least connected to the United States as a concept, and the least intelligent...

I do have standard's... a candidate must at least be able to think on their feet and field difficult questions

16. uniqueusername

William Buckley once said that he'd rather be governed by the first 2000 names out of the Boston phone book than the faculty at Harvard. I suppose a similar premise could apply here?

17. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
    Was just thinking the same today (although a single term limit may be a bit extreme). The spectacle of the last few days has made me wonder if any of them are actually capable of fulfilling the position to which they've been elected.