How dangerous is Pre Cum?

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by B_thickjohnny, Dec 5, 2010.

1. B_thickjohnny

B_thickjohnny New Member

Just curious guys, how dangerous is pre-cum when you're giving head? I've heard/read it's low risk. Is it?

2. At.your.cervix

Gold Member

HIV and most other STDs are spread through the exchange of body fluids. Period. Of course, the lower the volume of fluids contacting an opportunistic point of infection, the threat of transmission is also lowered. Getting a mouth full of semen thus carries a higher risk than getting a taste of precum. Still, neither is "safe."

3. Frodo46888

Frodo46888 Member

As stated above, it's a bodily fluid and can contain STDs. The other "danger" is that it can glue your dick to your underwear. Ouch! ;-)

4. midlifebear

Gold Member

Handled improperly by amateurs, pre cum is very combustible. That being said, giving head is not 100% safe, but there doesn't seem to be much medical evidence that sucking off 100 strangers and swallowing actually leads to HIV infection.

Short version: use you head.

5. D_Hammond Happydipper

D_Hammond Happydipper Account Disabled

I never had a issue with that.

6. erratic

Gold Member

At.your.cervix hit the nail on the head. While exposing yourself or swallowing pre-cum may be less risk due to its relatively small volume, it's not low risk. There's no low risk fluid exchange.

7. JTalbain

Gold Member

HIV Transmission | Questions and Answers | CDC HIV/AIDS

CDC's website for HIV transmission. According to them, pre seminal fluid does not have a high concentration of HIV, but it can still contain the virus. Other risk factors come into play too, but yes the virus is there. The CDC doesn't have any actual rates or statistics available for this, however.

So in direct answer to the question of the OP, it is less dangerous than semen, but still not 100% safe.

8. laser90

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
  9. audiilike

audiilike Member

When I read the OP's title, I right away thought in terms of pregnancy!

10. FuzzyKen

FuzzyKen New Member

When it comes to receptive oral the main danger does not appear statistically to be in the semen/seminal fluid of the lucky person receiving "head" but instead on the condition of the gums of the guy on the receiving end.

Now, we must state up front that we are only talking about HIV here. There are other things which can easily be transmitted in this manner. HIV is not the easiest to transmit unless you have a direct exchangemeaning that the live HIV retrovirus must find a way into the bloodstream without being exposed to things that will quickly kill it. HIV dies very quickly in either saliva or when exposed to atmosphere. It needs a sheltered pathway.

This means that giving head an hour after dental work would be really stupid.

In addition if you are oral receptive you need to be very certain of the condition of your teeth and gums. If this is perfect the odds of you finding yourself infected would be very low. Remember the word here is not impossible, but the word is VERY LOW.
    I do not know of anyone lost from my past that contracted the HIV virus from this activity.

11. B_thickjohnny

B_thickjohnny New Member

Is oral receptive the giver or taker? I thought receptive meant the one receiving the BJ. In Czech the classifications are oral active (giving head) and oral passive (receiving head).

12. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Oral receptive means giving head; oral insertive means getting it.

Due to the toxic nature of saliva relative to HIV, there is little actual risk involved with oral sex as regards that specific infection. I posted about it here in this thread:

As has been stated previously, precum can contain the garden of any number of bacterial STIs and can also cause pregnancy. It's also best to avoid the dangerous practice known as "dipping", where someone of uncertain serostatus inserts just the head of his dick briefly into an anus or vagina without a condom. Unlike the average healthy human mouth, those are much more receptive locations for HIV infection.

Personal responsibility means that you learn and assess your risks according to your own comfort level. If you want to chew on a condom, knock yourself out.

13. carter2006

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think precum is about as safe as you can get without being 100% - to be honest, if you avoided everything that carries a miniscule risk you'd lead a pretty boring life. You do far more dangerous things every day, like chop vegetables, change lightbulbs and cross the road. I fucking love precum. I always eat my own when I wank. When I'm with my boyfriend he gobbles it up.