How large is the gay population in the USA or your area?

I don't know really. Gay guys or gals don't usually go round wearing chest pins to say they be gay. You might have an idea at the numbers that appear in Mardi Gras etc, but most of the time many are those just wanting to be exhibitionists and supporters. But I think the guys that check me out, are just not sure what I am :) :) Perhaps I need to wear my 1% gay badge. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

blutrane

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Fascinating thread.

It's hard to draw conclusions about the state of things without this kind of knowledge. It puts the greater struggle in the US into context when you look at the numbers.

With the recent focus on same sex marriage, new information is starting to emerge regarding the number of gays in the US population.
(see link)

Other discussions suggest the number may settle out at between 15-17 percent or generally about the same as totals for those who are left-handed

DavidXL

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I live in NY, where it is much easier to be open than I imagine other places might be in the US. It seems to me (by my own unscientific assessment of people I know and various studies and not taking a scientific perspective to it) that the percentage of gays in the general population is about 5%. Maybe about another 10% to 15% would be bi or some form of flexible sexuality (at least in spirit even if they don't act on it).

Bardox

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have a theory. I think that everyone is gay. It's just to what degree you are willing to take it. Take the reddest god fearing redneck in the deepest backwater butt crack of Georgia and review his browser history. I suspect there will be a string of videos of girls fucking guys with giant cocks and no tiny flaccid pricks to be found. He may hate homosexuals, but he knows a good dick when he sees one and will admire it as it is put to use, but he will become uncomfortable if such a dick were to be revealed in-person.

There is a little gay in everyone. Even Pat Robertson. And I will continue calling him an old fag every time I see one of his fat face or name appear!... Why won't he die!? Doesn't he want to go see Jesus? Isn't that the point of him?... what was I talking about?... Oh right, Everyone is gay. Doesn't mean you have to suck dick or eat pussy, just know that about yourself. There's a little homo in you.

The UCLA demographic information (Youtube above) was available well in advance of the Supreme Court Decision made last week. However, it was disappointing to see that none (so far as I can determine) of the most vocal anti-same-sex groups referenced it. Rather they quoted numbers around 1.5 percent or lower and openly ask why anyone should care about this small group. Also, there was no consideration for repressed demographics or, as Bardox astutely notes, that bit of bisexuality in all of us.

It will be interesting to see how the numbers will change now that the Court’s ruling has basically legitimized Gay America.

Reactions: Bardox

Greysun

Expert Member
Media
I have it on good authority (at least as good as any televangelist) that there are only 69 completely straight people left. They are attempting to breed new straight people, but every kid they pop out is gayer than the last one. They are beginning to suspect that gay people don't come from space.:confused:

Reactions: lbmaine