how long does cooked shrimp last in the fridge

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Southpa, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Southpa

Southpa Member

Albums:
    I just made this great tiger shrimp i made half a Kg.. for some stupid reason I thought i could eat it all. i honestly ate like 6 of these shrimp. and I want to put the in the fridge and eat it tomorrow.

I don't have much experience with shellfish and i go it to try to make up a fancy shrimp recepie. it was ok.. but besides soemone letting me know how long cooked shrimp lasts in the fridge. maybe you could toss in a decent recepie. i pan fried it up with butter, olive oil, lime juice and grinded blak pepper on it.( sorta just made it up because i thought it would be a neat mix). like I said it was ok, so maybe someone else can help out with a recepie too(the healthier the better)

2. Brothercasey

Brothercasey Member

2 or 3 days. I wouldn't trust them any longer than that.

3. D_BenJo_Ahanakokolele

D_BenJo_Ahanakokolele Account Disabled

seafood needs to be eaten fresh... i once had to throw away an entire salmon because it was left over form one of my dinner parties... cause i know i will get sick with old seafood. yuck. and it starts to stink too.

i would tread carefully if i were you...

4. crescendo69

Gold Member

5. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Interesting (link)... I can honestly say I've never had shrimp or deviled eggs left over. To the OP, try freezing it in an air tight container.

6. kenny233

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    I rarely eat seafood left over, but I think it would go a few days if refrigerated immediately and kept cold.

If I have left over seafood, I usually cook it in an omelet the next morning - you would be surprised how good it is.