How to tell someone is gay/bi

someperson

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
A friend of mine once said it's all in the eyes. If you look at someone in a room(without leering), and offer a smirk/grin, those who MEET your glance and don't waver, are likely gay/bi/interested in you.

People who are interested in fooling around, tend to be a bit more confident. Those not interested may meet your glance and then look away, look down.

I like the ask approach.

Not necessarily I tend to look people in the eye when talking to them if I don't other wise It would be like if they never said anything. and I will be like HUH?

people will also some people use eye color as a "indicator "

I always play dumb when a guy is coming on to me.

Last edited:

Bas

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Wow alot of commends so far! This is an interesting topic so far!
Thanks all for the tips and dont mind keep this thread going on. Looks like alot of people have the same "problem"

X

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I like to think I have pretty good gaydar, but the scientist in me must acknowledge it's often wrong. I have wrongly pegged guys as gay, and I can never know how many guys I've looked right past - especially when they don't trade on any gay/bi stereotypes.

So I agree with those who say you can only really know when they tell you. Otherwise, I think gaydar is mainly a mix of stereotyping and wishful thinking.

D

deleted3782

Its hard to tell when so many of us don't even know whether we are gay or bi.

That said, one guy told me you can tell if a guy is interested because he looks at you as if he just asked you a question and is awaiting a response. Essentially, a guy who is interested in you is asking the question..."do you like me?" so that makes sense.

Rather than play the games, if you really like a guy, why not stick your hand out and introduce yourself. If he is available or interested, things will develop from there.

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
Interesting question. Most gay/bi guys have an inbuilt 'gaydar'.

Almost impossible to describe how it works, it's just kinda 'there'. When you know, you know. I suppose it's all in the eyes, the way you (and they) move.

And notoriously unreliable. A lot of gay guys I know claim this "gaydar," but to me it's like a "woman's instinct": people remember when it "works" but forget when they're mistaken. That's the way humans are.

interesting that the original post implies that being nice = being gay.

Exbiker

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Take readings on a number of dimensions and use the averages.

1. Extent of talking about people / emotions versus power / machines / things.
2. Extent of talking about fashionable clothing.
3. Extent of talking about Provincetown/SF/Key West versus Wyoming.
4. Extent of talking about boy bands / disco versus Springsteen / Metallica
5. How well they cook
6. If they are a member at a gym, and if so which one ...
7. If they can dance to modern nightclub music

:wink:

Last edited:

Chasedick

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I have the worst "gaydar", one of my best friends who I've grown up with who has been on the same sports teams our whole lives and been to my house a million times and who is the total jock type guy is gay and I never even thought he could be until he came out to his family and then his friends 2 years ago when he was 16

lbmaine

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Test your gaydar guys, this was taken at Bear Week in Provincetown, MA

galleries.asp

D_Malcolm_MacPudd

Account Disabled
Media
Last edited:

josh20hung

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am also in the same situation right now, I can't tell if this guy is interested or not. A big part of me thinks he is, but in the back of my mind I'm always worried that if I make a move, it won't be reciprocated and things will be awkward. I actually really like this guy, just worried that I might be reading in to something that isn't there.