How would you do without gossip magazines?

paintergal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't entertain my brains with that kind of drivel. There are far better things to read than read about celebrities and their dramas. I prefer to read the likes of National Geographic, Psychology Today, Runner's World, etc...

I have to rely on my other half to keep me informed about the situation with Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin, and JayZ and Beyonce. He also looks out of the window and talks about his neighbors! it's so funny : )) He says he has been trained to do it by previous girlfriends. My mother sent me a magazine, the usual fashion, how to lose weight (yawn), and sex. As he was waiting for me to get ready he sat there happily reading it, and commented that it 'wasn't really me, and he didn't know I liked that kind of thing'. I'm doing just fine without gossip magazines, but I wonder how he's managing to cope. Should I just buy him some, and pretend I'm buying them for myself?

fluffychocolate

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm pretty meh on them. Like someone else said, if I'm bored and there's nothing else to read or I see someone interesting on the cover then I may flip through it in a waiting area. I haven't bought a magazine in years.

kcrown1967

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Another one that doesn't read gossip stuff here. My mother gives me a subscription to a couple magazines every year for Christmas, they literally stack up for several months then I have a marathon recipe ripping out session. Mind you I don't recall using any of these recipes but they are there if the spirit moves me :)