i bought a breast pump today

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My mum had pretty bad pregnancies too overall, but she did say second trimester was the best (least horrible?) part.

I can understand why you'd be excited about the ultrasound. Very much a bonding moment, so I've heard. And by the second trimester they're actually starting to look like miniature humans :smile:.

I bet every time TheBF looks at you he isn't thinking 'Oh my gosh, she looks terrible'. I bet he's thinking 'Wow, that's our baby she's got in there'. And from what you've said about him, I think after the birth when he looks at you and sees stretch marks etc he'll feel even more attracted to you because they got there from you carrying his baby. I really can't see him thinking they're unattractive.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
*snip*
I bet every time TheBF looks at you he isn't thinking 'Oh my gosh, she looks terrible'. I bet he's thinking 'Wow, that's our baby she's got in there'. And from what you've said about him, I think after the birth when he looks at you and sees stretch marks etc he'll feel even more attracted to you because they got there from you carrying his baby. I really can't see him thinking they're unattractive.

I agree with this Petite, TheBF sounds like such a good guy, I would think he is thrilled over every moment and every change:smile:

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
never slept with a guy who minded the stretch marks in the slightest.
but then, if he was the kinda guy who expected airbrushed plastic women, i wouldn't be sleeping with him.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I mean in other words, petite, you're going through the aches and pains, but it's going to be cool. I am looking forward to my own DNA existing in front of me, and you're gonna get to see it soon. stay healthy!

Oh, I know it will be! Thank you, I am trying my best to stay healthy.

It may feel this way to you (and it doesn't help that all the maternity "models" on products like you linked above are SO not pregnant or postpartum), but it isn't true. Unless your BF is some odd genetic anomaly, he's never thought you were more beautiful than he does right now.

Oh, he's been so sweet! I just really liked my body. It wasn't perfect, but it's been mine for a long time and I liked it.

i hated that shit too.
felt like absolute crap for nine months.
i got irritated that everyone assumes it's a magical experience.
when it gets to the point where i can't wank and i can barely wipe my own arse or put my own shoes on, i just wanted to slap people who come up to tell me how lovely it is to be pregnant.
i just wanted my body back!

Going through the changes that pregnancy brings often feels like being Jeff Goldblum in The Fly.

My mum had pretty bad pregnancies too overall, but she did say second trimester was the best (least horrible?) part.

I can understand why you'd be excited about the ultrasound. Very much a bonding moment, so I've heard. And by the second trimester they're actually starting to look like miniature humans :smile:.

I actually had morning sickness this morning! So much for it being over in the first trimester. I only had morning sickness once in my first trimester. Other than the emotional roller coaster, I think that it was better than my second trimester so far. Most of my first trimester I didn't feel pregnant at all, other than occasional breast pain and the crying over everything. :redface:

I suspect that he's not as turned on by my pregnant body, but he's far too sweet to tell me that. At least I think he is.

I agree with this Petite, TheBF sounds like such a good guy, I would think he is thrilled over every moment and every change:smile:

I know that he's thrilled! He's really excited about having a baby with me. You should have seen him picking out "daddy" themed baby books at the used book store, with titles like I love you, Daddy and Daddy and me, both cute stories about little adventures kids have with their dads and the cool stuff their dads teach them. He was positively adorable.

never slept with a guy who minded the stretch marks in the slightest.
but then, if he was the kinda guy who expected airbrushed plastic women, i wouldn't be sleeping with him.

I'm really more bothered by my own opinion of my body. Feeling like a year from now I'm going to be much less attractive than before, but TheBF will still be a hottie makes me feel really bad. I think TheBF will still want me post-baby because he's sweet and he adores me and he's as horny as a teenager, but I've been living with my body for a long time and it has changed very little in several decades and I liked it. This next year it will go through several major transformations, and that's a little unnerving to me, altering my long-held self-image and becoming comfortable with new realities. There are about 1,200 new realities I have to get used to very fast, and this is just one of them, not a very important one, but it's one of the things on the list that bothers me about my quickly changing self-identity, from free spirit with one foot out the door at all times to a mother, tied down to one man in one way or another for the next few decades and completely responsible for the life of another person. Just realizing that for the first time ever, I can't just pick up and move on if I want to if I find myself feeling unhappy, find a new lover, create a new relationship that different from the last one, and one of the things that has always made me feel more in control was feeling like I have a body that is very attractive to men who like my body type, so I always have other options available to me if I felt like moving on. Some things don't come so easily for me, like real commitment and becoming someone else when I've been one person for so long.

I don't expect any sympathy. My issues with my self-identity or commitment or feeling like my body is such a large part of my own self-image that I feel uncomfortable with the idea of it changing are just normal everyday realities of being a human being who is growing and changing. It's no tragedy.

Daisy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I had an electric pump, I tried the manual one but found it difficult to use (was it Avent?) Anyway I rented one from the hospital and yes it was terrible, painful, messy and uncomfortable so yeah..not going to try it again :)

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thank you! Seeing it on the ultrasound was the most fun so far, most fun I've had in a long time! The rest of the pregnancy is no fun at all.

I guess it was just my luck! The few I looked first at showed women on the phone, like it's what all women do while pumping:

On the phone or playing with her baby.
Amazon.com: Easy Expression Bustier Hands-free Pumping Bra: Baby

I suppose this woman is just talking on the phone and using her computer in bed while pumping. How efficient!
Amazon.com: La Leche League Hands Free Pumping & Nursing Softcup Bra #4105: Clothing

Two of the pics show a woman "working" in a photo studio.
Amazon.com: Easy Expression Halter Hands Free Nursing Bra: Clothing

Another woman "working" in a photo studio:
Amazon.com: Easy Expression Bustier Hands-free Pumping Bra - XX-Large: Baby

This one has a cartoon of a woman in the breakroom at work, reading a magazine. TheBF has asked me not to do that.
Amazon.com: Simple Wishes Breast Pump Bustier: Baby

LOL -- unbeLIEVable! The women in the office is the most outrageous pose. I can see reading the paper, I can see surfing the net, I can see making a personal phone call (pumps can be noisy)... but AT YOUR DESK IN THE OFFICE?!!!!!! :eek::eek::biggrin1:

Although I will say that those hands-free bras are pretty nifty. Didn't exist when I was nursing. Dang! :tongue:

DariaJane2000

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
just for the kink of playing with it on my own.

but what i'm really wanting is this,
She-Stim

so, ladies, what's the weirdest shit you get up to in the persuit of sexual pleasure? do you share or is it private? how much do you spend on pleasing your parts?

you can tell me. i promise not to tell the boys :wink:

Thanks for the link to the SHE Stim. I like the look of the vibes, they sound awesome. I guess I am pretty wild when it comes to private activity. I have been known to have something in every orifice and I love to torture my nipples and suck on them!

Maybe that is a little food for thought. Speaking of food....it has been in my hooha too! :smile::tongue:

Riven650

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
*snip*from free spirit with one foot out the door at all times to a mother, tied down to one man in one way or another for the next few decades and completely responsible for the life of another person.

Just after MrsRiven and I had our son (18.5 yrs ago) we bought a small yacht and I was driving down to the boatyard every few days to see my old college buddy who was doing a bit of work on the boat for me. I remember working with him on the boat one evening when MrsR arrived in the car, about an hour late, and staggered over with the baby in the car seat/carry crib. My pal, who already had 2 sons, started to grin, then he said to MrsR "Changed your life, eh? :lmao:" He was pissing himself laughing. We got the joke, but the truth behind the joke was only just sinking in. I remember feeling that it had all been a conspiracy. So many people had said, "Oh, you're going to have a baby. How LOVELY!" No, one had said "Run for the hills!" :wink:

Here's wishing you a hitch free pregnancy and an easy birth. Parenthood has it's ups and downs. But you'll gain as much as you lose, so it's really ok. It's high time our son fledged the nest and we're making it clear to him that as soon as he's through college he's an independent person and will need a job and somewhere else to live because MrsM and I want to go sailing and we don't want to be worrying that our house/garden is turning into a rock festival in our absence.

I'm going outside to do a bit of work on the mast now.

justacynic

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Oh, I plan on pumping, just so TheBF can take his turn getting up in the middle of the night and I can sleep sometimes. I just know I'll be sitting there making mooing sounds while it's working.

Funny, every photo of every brand I've seen on Amazon of breast pumps show "career women" talking on the phone while wearing the breast pump. I thought that was hilarious.

That is hilarious because there' s no damn way to be on an actual call with the noise those make! I don't think you're at the point where it's extremely difficult to sleep but you can get those tempurpedic (sp?)-type mattresses for about $100 (queen size), which helps from about 6 months on.

justacynic

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
LOL -- unbeLIEVable! The women in the office is the most outrageous pose. I can see reading the paper, I can see surfing the net, I can see making a personal phone call (pumps can be noisy)... but AT YOUR DESK IN THE OFFICE?!!!!!! :eek::eek::biggrin1:

Although I will say that those hands-free bras are pretty nifty. Didn't exist when I was nursing. Dang! :tongue:

Well, yeah. With the door closed, of course, but why not? My wife did for both of ours.

Riven650

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Despite having great looking tits MrsR couldn't produce much milk. Our baby was losing weight and the health visitor/nurse was worried. MrsR tried expressing with a hand pump while the baby was sleeping but it was hard work and didn't she get more than a couple of teaspoons in an hour. We were loaned a really sophisticated electric pump. That was better and we were able to give him a little more breast milk, but we had to give him formula as a main meal. MrsR remembers the day she offered him the nipple and he just looked at her as if to say, "You realise this isn't working, don't you." She didn't bother again. But the important thing is that his immune system has always been good, and we think that's probably because he got some colostrum when he needed it.

OMG! I'm feeling all broody and paternal. Damn it.

Last edited:

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i was the opposite.
could've fed ten babies on what i was producing.
it made leaving the house hard because my shirts were constantly soaked through...those tiny little breast pads barely made a dent in the flood.

fxc1100

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i was the opposite.
could've fed ten babies on what i was producing.
it made leaving the house hard because my shirts were constantly soaked through...those tiny little breast pads barely made a dent in the flood.

That's interesting. Aren't their programs for women who produce a lot of breast milk to donate to? For some reason I was under the impression there was but I could be wrong.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That's interesting. Aren't their programs for women who produce a lot of breast milk to donate to? For some reason I was under the impression there was but I could be wrong.

You are absolutely correct! It was in this month's Fit Pregnancy, or one of the other pregnancy magazines, can't remember which. I've been in a lot of obstetrician's offices lately. :smile:

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Not everyone would be comfortable donating.

Dolf, this thread's amazing. I've never seen a thread go so far off topic, whilst remaining on topic.

fxc1100

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not everyone would be comfortable donating.

Dolf, this thread's amazing. I've never seen a thread go so far off topic, whilst remaining on topic.

Why not? If I remember correctly there was one organization that sends you the equipment directly to your home. You then send your donation directly from your house to the organization and if I remember correctly, they send it to third world countries to help improvished children fight off diseases. I thought the whole program was a really good one.

Sounds like it's done in the comfort of your own home unless there is some other aspect of it I'm missing.