I punched a stranger in the face

longandskinny

Cherished Member
Media
No. I already explained my preference. I used science-based to contrast with normative socialization, and it does not refer exclusively to drugs. I don't see the point in putting brain chemistry in quotes. Do you believe that people with mental health issues are just choosing to be how they are, and if they just got their act together would be all better? If so, there's no point in continuing the conversation.

I see what you mean. Not knowing much about this except my own experience in therapy, the goal of the therapy ought to be to allow you to recognize triggers and either avoid them or control your automatic responses to those triggers so that you don't cause harm. It sounds like your therapy has not been successful at this, and I'm sorry. You may be better off posting about this in a PTSD forum or finding a PTSD support group.

Reactions: Joll and jaap_stam

jaap_stam

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
So you make a dick move because you didn't like the dick behavior of the other guy.
Your physical violence was much worse than the guy's cat-calls, by the way.

Sounds like you need anger management.
I see what you mean. Not knowing much about this except my own experience in therapy, the goal of the therapy ought to be to allow you to recognize triggers and either avoid them or control your automatic responses to those triggers so that you don't cause harm. It sounds like your therapy has not been successful at this, and I'm sorry. You may be better off posting about this in a PTSD forum or finding a PTSD support group.

Ha, true. I was hoping to kill multiple birds with one stone by posting here, though. :)

hzs3fg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
The fact is, you came here to brag on what you did assuming that your actions would be validated and met with approval.

Now that that hasn't happened (at least, not universally), you are admiting to all sorts of anger and other control issues and still trying to justify yourself.

What I am reading between the lines here is that you have some very serious issues and probably shouldn't be out amongst the general public until you get yourself under control. Next time you might deliberately kill someone, be proud of it, and then try to use a PTSD defense at your trial.

But, we'll know better, won't we...

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
she was just trying to ignore him but he kept following her
Having been followed by persistent weirdos, (having been abducted once) and then having nearly nut-punched several innocent men on different occasions, I think I would feel safer with neighbors like you about, and less likely to be preparing for fights with men who only just happen to be going the same way, at the same speed, late at night. While I certainly don't wait around for a knight in shining armour to come to my aid, and while I will usually verbally warn creepy dudes that I'm willing and able to hurt them if they don't stop pressing me, I wouldn't be mad about some rando punching out a guy who was following me after I'd made it clear his company was unwelcome. I still think you should have tried telling him to leave her alone first, but I don't think you were wrong to want to intervene.

jaap_stam

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
The fact is, you came here to brag on what you did assuming that your actions would be validated and met with approval.

Now that that hasn't happened (at least, not universally), you are admiting to all sorts of anger and other control issues and still trying to justify yourself.

What I am reading between the lines here is that you have some very serious issues and probably shouldn't be out amongst the general public until you get yourself under control. Next time you might deliberately kill someone, be proud of it, and then try to use a PTSD defense at your trial.

But, we'll know better, won't we...

I believe Ygritte has a very famous saying that seems apropos.

^ Yes, but we all know how Ygritte feels about violence, don't we? ;)