Is it gay for a black guy to be clean shaven? :P

galaxus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i know some of you may think its a stupid question, but i need to know.

i'm not trying to be offensive either.

my parents and my family always used to tell me, "if you shave your facial hair then you will look gay."

how do you look gay anyway? :confused:

i guess i do have a babyface when i'm clean shaven, but does black guy with babyface = gay looking?

right now i have a moustache and some chin scruff (neatly trimmed!). sometimes i just want to cut it all off, to be different i guess. the only thing that worries me is hair bumps...... and being called gay......not that there is anything wrong with that. :smile:

guiltrip

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I dont know anything about african american facial hair but all of my black friends are clean shaven.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Galaxus I have been black all my life and have never heard of such a thing. I hate to be rude but your parents and family are not just wrong; I think they may be a bit dumb as well. :redface::frown1:

Having a baby face is not a sin; and if you prefer to be clean shaven go for it!

bstexas

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
not to be rude myself, but I think your family has some stereotyping issues. do what you want, aight?

sbeBen

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You sound insecure! Do what you want! I have never heard of it being gay to be clean shaven.

memyselfni

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Men who have no facial hair look feminine. Men should at least have a lil beard and mustache. I find men with no facial hair unattractive.

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Is it gay for a black guy to be clean shaven? :
my family always used to tell me, "if you shave your facial hair then you will look gay."
right now i have a moustache and some chin scruff (neatly trimmed!). sometimes i just want to cut it all off, the only thing that worries me is being called gay...

I'm assuming you are black galaxus. Whether a man is hairy or lacks hair is a genetic variation unrelated to skin color. To shave your face or not is a personal choice and nothing to do with sexual orientation.

In my retail profession I prefer to look clean shaven as it looks better than having a face full of graying stubble.:smile:

http://www.lpsg.org/56074-hairless-flatmate.html

thethroat

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Most American black men, IMHO, are flattered by a moustache but do not do themselves a favor with a beard. The babyface thing is extraordinarily irritating: how dare you black people age so much better than white people do?? ;-)

i vote for babyface followed by moustache.

as for which is gayer....full beard is a more "i got something to prove" sort of tonsure than is just the moustache. So - full beard is gayer.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Galaxus: Enjoy that baby face while you have it. Use it to your advantage. None of us stay young forever no matter how hard we try. I look pretty good for my age, but I'll never get carded in a liquor store!

msu_hotboy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Yeah, as far as i know, i've been black all my life to!
AND I'VE NEVER HEARD THAT ABOUT FACIAL HAIR!

MY WHOLE FAMILY ROCKS THE BABY FACE LOOK!
MY DAD'S 71 AND EVERYONE ONLY THINGS HE'S IN HIS 50'S!

GIVE'S ME SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO!

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
Gut Reaction: Your family's opinion is ludicrous. Being clean shaven is a matter of presenting a professional image - it has nothing to do with being gay vs. being straight.

Some positive examples: You may or may not buy the opinions that other (Black) people have expressed here, but investigate some positive examples of Black, clean-shaven men. Look at the Black news anchors on CNN, look at men from P.Diddy/Sean Combs to Barak Obama and Bill Cosby and Edie Murphy and Chris Rock. Let's add sports figures like Shaquille O'Neal and Tiger Woods. I don't believe society would view these individual as gay, and they are all clean-shaven more often than not.

As for the hair bumps ... that's the chronic problem for many Black men. Do make certain that you wash your face every day, and consider using one of those exfoliating scrubs on your chin/beard area as well a few times a week. The exfoliating scrubs prevent black heads. You don't have to buy anything fancy: I use St. Ives or other brands that you can find at the convenience store.

I personally recommend NOT using electric razors as they create micro-sores and cut hair unevenly, leaving the remains in the hair shaft. Those hairs grow back in and often clog pores. Several years ago, when I switched to traditional shaving with shaving cream, rather than a razor, I noticed that the incidence of in-grown hairs decreased dramatically. I also recommend not shaving every day, but every other day (perhaps) to reduce cultivation the thickening of hairs. For example, on a regular work schedule, I'm more inclined not to shave over the weekends or on a Friday-Saturday basis to give my face a rest.

galaxus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
a lot of black people do think eddie murphy is gay!

i also see p diddy, chris rock, and shaq with facial more often then not.

Tiger woods doesn't even consider himself to be black, just part black.

but i'll take your advice on the type of razor. no more electric razors!

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I know plenty of black guys with no facial hair and they don't look gay to me. I'm not black but when I shaved my facial hair off a lot of girls that are friends of mine were saying how cute it was because I have a baby face after I shave.

galaxus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i think you might be ( wait for it...here it comes) gay

yeah well i know some of might think this is pretty stupid (and this whole situation really is stupid), but i really felt like i needed to ask this question. The black community (like many other communities) have a problem with homophobia. its crazy. everytime i try to do somthing, somebody has to call it gay.

i don't know why my freinds and my family think this way. i also don't know why other black people on this site never heard this stereotype. but its all downright stupid, waste of time and energy thinking about it "does this make me look gay to him, her or them".

i think i'm gonna rock the babyface look for a while! :biggrin1: