Is your penis 'good looking'? (medical study)

Fuzzy_

Legendary Member
Media
As part of a larger study, doctors from the University Children’s Hospital in Switzerland sought women's views on what constitutes a 'good looking' penis. According to the Daily Mail's report on this study, it seems that length isn't much of an issue with women, according to respondents. Highest on the list was overall cosmetic appearance, then the appearance of pubic hair. Girth, in the third position, was more important than length.

From the Daily Mail article:

It's an age-old question that worries many a man - what constitutes a 'normal' looking penis?
Now, scientists have revealed what women rate as being important - and it may surprise you.

Overall cosmetic appearance was rated as the most essential factor, followed by the appearance of pubic hair and skin around the genital area.
While girth was considered the joint third most important aspect, women only rated length as the sixth most vital asset.

Rated as the least important aspect of a penis' appearance was the position and shape of the urethral opening, where urine leaves the body (defined as the meatus, in medical terminology).

2AB9E48C00000578-3169577-image-a-6_1437491273365.jpg

(The meatus is the piss slit.)

The most disagreement among the women participants was public hair.

longandskinny

Cherished Member
Media
One part of the article that didn't make sense was this:

"The researchers say the length finding 'confirms previous studies which have found most women find penile size “unimportant” or even “totally unimportant” and that most women are satisfied with their partner’s penis size'."

Isn't girth also relevant to penis size?

MisterVIP

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
One part of the article that didn't make sense was this:

"The researchers say the length finding 'confirms previous studies which have found most women find penile size “unimportant” or even “totally unimportant” and that most women are satisfied with their partner’s penis size'."

Isn't girth also relevant to penis size?
From what I understood, it said they pretty much don't give a shit but answered the survey anyway.

scotty2hotty3979

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
As part of a larger study, doctors from the University Children’s Hospital in Switzerland sought women's views on what constitutes a 'good looking' penis. According to the Daily Mail's report on this study, it seems that length isn't much of an issue with women, according to respondents. Highest on the list was overall cosmetic appearance, then the appearance of pubic hair. Girth, in the third position, was more important than length.

From the Daily Mail article:

It's an age-old question that worries many a man - what constitutes a 'normal' looking penis?
Now, scientists have revealed what women rate as being important - and it may surprise you.

Overall cosmetic appearance was rated as the most essential factor, followed by the appearance of pubic hair and skin around the genital area.
While girth was considered the joint third most important aspect, women only rated length as the sixth most vital asset.

Rated as the least important aspect of a penis' appearance was the position and shape of the urethral opening, where urine leaves the body (defined as the meatus, in medical terminology).

2AB9E48C00000578-3169577-image-a-6_1437491273365.jpg

(The meatus is the piss slit.)

The most disagreement among the women participants was public hair.
Is public hair public hair that is that long you can see it even with underwear on?

MisterVIP

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I note it didn't actually say what women looked for in pubic hair appearance. Like do they want it shaved, trimmed or natural?
That would have made hair the focus of the survey. They just wanted to know if women generally give a shit, regardless of those options you listed.

art

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Anybody else find it odd that doctors from the University Children’s Hospital in Switzerland were interested in what makes a cock beautiful?

C'mon, admit it...you got this from the Onion, right?

miamirt

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I agree, messy unkept looking pubic hair will make just about any penis look bad!
You also cannot remove all your pubic hair if you have hairy legs, ass or abs/chest! Either take it ALL off or trim it neatly!
Too much length can give the appearance of a dead limb!

Fuzzy_

Legendary Member
Media
I note it didn't actually say what women looked for in pubic hair appearance. Like do they want it shaved, trimmed or natural?
In the chart, you can see that the standard deviation is high. This means that there wasn't much agreement (high variation) regarding pubic hair.

Anybody else find it odd that doctors from the University Children’s Hospital in Switzerland were interested in what makes a cock beautiful?

C'mon, admit it...you got this from the Onion, right?

This was an independent study which was part of a larger study of a surgical procedure for the penis.

love2compare

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Maaan.... please READ GUYS!! It was not a cock beauty contest ...:)

The study "What is a Good Looking Penis? How Women Rate the Penile Appearance of Men with Surgically Corrected Hypospadias" published on 20 JUL 2015 is about guys with repaired hypospadias dicks compared to "normal" dicks without any surgery - to provide an objective view on how women would judge the outcome of the surgery.

Hypospadias is a frequent anomaly in 2-3 out of 1000 boys and I was one of the "lucky ones" to have it as well... The pee hole is located at the shaft at birth and hypo surgery can e.g. relocate the pee hole towards the glans by using the 4skin. This was done in my case as well at 4 and 9 years old (that's why the study was conducted by the children's hospital - exact same hospital actually, where I was having my surgeries over 30 years ago) and thanks God everything turned out well for me in my life (I can pee standing normally, got married, conceived kids without any issues, huge cummer, always horny on cam etc. LOL).

However, most guys who had surgery on their dick feel "abnormal" at the latest when they get into puberty and often avoid being nude in locker room situations etc. Many never open up sexually for their whole life! The result of the study is very positive for hypo-patients as it says there was no significant difference in the "overall cosmetic appearance" of hypo-cocks compared to normal cocks...

Don't hesitate to ask for more info if interested or look at my pics...